Guest guest36187

5 minutes ago, Marilyn said:

Hi and welcome! If you go to the top right hand side where your name is you will see an downward arrow go to Account Settings and on the left hand side under Overview you will see Signature – don’t forget to save.

Thank you!

On 25/09/2018 at 16:18, michaleasmum said:

Hi,  I am currently in Oz on a600 which, expires 28/10 I applied for an extension, which was denied, but not before I had paid $360 to apply.  I now have to come home and apply for another in 6 months.   Submitted 143 in September 15 like everyone else I have not heard anything!  

Anyone any idea, when I might be advised to apply for Police checks etc???

Hi I applied for another 600 visa $360. and was refused the next day on the grounds of waiting for a 143 39 months, so must be close! and having our two children living in South Australia was no good enough reason , Police checks Medicals and form 80 done in May 2018

4 hours ago, jimbob007 said:

Hi I applied for another 600 visa $360. and was refused the next day on the grounds of waiting for a 143 39 months, so must be close! and having our two children living in South Australia was no good enough reason , Police checks Medicals and form 80 done in May 2018

I hope you are right as we are the same date. Just wish that centrelink would get a move on. We put our house on the market yesterday and hope the sale and visa grant will happen at roughly the same time. Fingers crossed. 

51 minutes ago, Michael S said:

Anyone submitted 143 late in 2015?
My parents submitted theirs around NOV 2015 but yet to hear a word yet. =(

Hi they are currently only processing up to and including 11th June 2015 but I do know someone who submitted theirs on 2nd July was asked for documents so hopefully it won't be too long now.

• Like 1

On ‎25‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 14:10, Bear2015 said:

Hi michaleasmum, 

Just a clarification please, Did Immi inform you that you have to wait for 6 months to apply for the new 600 visa, or is it that you are assuming because of the “12 months in 18 months”  rule? I’m asking because my parents’ are facing the same situation as you. Their visa is expiring in November and by then finished their 12 months stay. I remember once reading in some forum that for a new visa you do not need to wait for 6 months. PLEASE CORRECT ME IF I AM WRONG. It’s pointless paying the visa fee and then getting rejected. I’m assuming you also have the 8503 condition attached to the visa.  

No I did not have the 8503 condition attached to my Visa, my agent told me that it wasn't a given, that I would be able to come back I so decided to apply for an extension, shot myself in the foot.  Will reapply 6 months after I get home.  No news on Police checks etc!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Fisher1 said:

I was so pleased to read your post. Many congrats and good luck with it all. Its a wonderful feeling isn't it? ???

Thank you!  Yes, it is a wonderful feeling, although slightly surreal at the moment.  Strange to wake up in the morning and not have to check the e-mails to see if anything has happened!  Hopefully the house sale won't take too much longer now.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Michael S said:

Anyone submitted 143 late in 2015?
My parents submitted theirs around NOV 2015 but yet to hear a word yet. =(

Hi we submitted Aug 2015. Haven’t even started asking us yet!  Assume we’re going to be another 6-8 months at least.  There was a hell of a lot of applications June 2015 so may have to wait until next processing year if the allocation runs out!

Just now, Danny2729 said:

God knows how long I will have to wait. I was quoted 2.5 - 3 years earlier this year. 143 lodged in May 18 .. never know, I may still be alive when it's accepted!

sadly I say don't hold your breath!  We applied Aug 2015 and was told 18 months - 2 years.  We're now on 38 months and will probably be another 8-10!! meeting the max 48 months that it is at the mo!

As of 30 th April this year (2018 ) there were 46745 contributory parent applicants in queue. Given that there’s a maximum of just over 7100 per year granted  but recent years have only granted approx 6200 visas Im afraid that May 2018 application could potentially end up taking 6-7 years! 

• Sad 1

14 hours ago, LindaH27 said:

As of 30 th April this year (2018 ) there were 46745 contributory parent applicants in queue. Given that there’s a maximum of just over 7100 per year granted  but recent years have only granted approx 6200 visas Im afraid that May 2018 application could potentially end up taking 6-7 years! 

Hi Linda,

Are the queue figures only provided yearly? It would be really interesting to know the current figure.  

On 26/09/2018 at 20:45, Pertenhall said:

42 months, 2 weeks and 1 day later AND WE HAVE OUR VISAs.  Can hardly believe it.  Now we just need to sell the house.???

Just seen your posting, great news after all this time, congratulations, I hope you will be very happy in your new home when you have sold and packed up. It is hard work organising it all but so worth it when you get here, being with your family and the weather helps too!

• Like 3

19 hours ago, LindaH27 said:

Hi All

I am new to this forum.

According to the Home Affairs they have been allowing those Parents that were in the " non paying queue "  subclass 103 visa to now pay and jump the subclass 143 queue ( it states that your date of application will be taken into account when you switch from 103 to 143 ) , this is the only reason why there has been an extension in the time it is taking for the 143 visas to be issued. If one assumes that as at July 2015,  Home Affairs (  previously DIBP ) stated or had on file 14000 application then it would have taken 24 / 27 months to process but because of the new dispensation offered to those on the 103 visa queue the number of applicants increased. So if one was  number 13582 in the queue as at 1st July 2015 you could now be number 27985, then on Monday your number could be 28015 - who knows.  Quite scary.

What are your views on this?    

3 hours ago, Grand Parent said:

Hi All

I am new to this forum.

According to the Home Affairs they have been allowing those Parents that were in the " non paying queue "  subclass 103 visa to now pay and jump the subclass 143 queue ( it states that your date of application will be taken into account when you switch from 103 to 143 ) , this is the only reason why there has been an extension in the time it is taking for the 143 visas to be issued. If one assumes that as at July 2015,  Home Affairs (  previously DIBP ) stated or had on file 14000 application then it would have taken 24 / 27 months to process but because of the new dispensation offered to those on the 103 visa queue the number of applicants increased. So if one was  number 13582 in the queue as at 1st July 2015 you could now be number 27985, then on Monday your number could be 28015 - who knows.  Quite scary.

What are your views on this?    

Argh that sucks if they go by the original date they applied?

Difficult to say as there is no queue date given for 143 applicants only 103 so 143 applicants do not know where they are in the queue. But yes 103  applicants can use the original lodgement date to change to 143 but I believe there are some results somewhere that show the drop per year in 103 queue and it’s not a lot. 

The surge in numbers in 2015 onwards also coincided  with larger number of applications from Asian countries which are now first and second in the list of number of applicants by country per year (the UK is third) so that could also be a reason as well as people changing from 103. 

In the coming year there may also be places lost,  as people on 405  and 410 investor visa (which do not give PR) will become eligible for 143 visas without having to meet the balance of family test, although a start date for this has not yet been announced.

Also I believe that immi are making more stringent checks on applications as there has apparently been an increase in fraudulent activity.  

So there are many reasons why things are taking so long  - also don’t forget Australia is trying to reduce the level of immigration - it’s a very topical subject amongst Australians. 

All any of us can do is get in with our lives whilst waiting for the eventual call up. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, LindaH27 said:

Difficult to say as there is no queue date given for 143 applicants only 103 so 143 applicants do not know where they are in the queue. But yes 103  applicants can use the original lodgement date to change to 143 but I believe there are some results somewhere that show the drop per year in 103 queue and it’s not a lot. 

The surge in numbers in 2015 onwards also coincided  with larger number of applications from Asian countries which are now first and second in the list of number of applicants by country per year (the UK is third) so that could also be a reason as well as people changing from 103. 

In the coming year there may also be places lost,  as people on 405  and 410 investor visa (which do not give PR) will become eligible for 143 visas without having to meet the balance of family test, although a start date for this has not yet been announced.

Also I believe that immi are making more stringent checks on applications as there has apparently been an increase in fraudulent activity.  

So there are many reasons why things are taking so long  - also don’t forget Australia is trying to reduce the level of immigration - it’s a very topical subject amongst Australians. 

All any of us can do is get in with our lives whilst waiting for the eventual call up. 

Depressing isn't it.  My plans while waiting are to have my arthritic hips replaced - first done 4 weeks ago and maybe the other one around Easter.  Can't fly for three months after the op but my son and wife and new grandson are due to visit in June so that helps.  Decluttering the house ready for the eventual move is the next task and maybe it's just as well that there will be a long wait for a visa as having lived in the same house for 42 years there is an enormous amount to sort out.

Ha! I decluttered and downsized from my large house of 33 years to a smart apartment 2 years ago so I’m ready!! Possibly like yourself I may have operation next year then I’m good for eventual medical. But yes it’s a bit soul destroying so I try not to think about it constantly. 

5 hours ago, LindaH27 said:

You keep going on about people on the 410/405 becoming eligible to join the parent visa list.  Nothing is in place yet. 2 years ago there were approximately 3500 410 visa holders in Oz, and just over 300 405 visa holders here. This is fact not speculation from our meeting with the immigration minister.

Since then I personally know over 10 couples that have left recently because of rising costs, and not one couple in the 410 group I meet up with, apart from us who now have the balance of family here, is in any way interested in applying. We are all established here, majority in their late 70’s early 80’s, older than a lot of prospective parent applicants and with associated health problem so the medical might be a problem. the 410 visa is reissued every 10 years, so even we might not take up the parent visa if and when our turn comes, we have to consider if the cost of the visa, is worth it by then.

So in the great scheme of things, I doubt these 2 visa groups will impact greatly on the numbers.

Edited by ramot
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, ramot said:

You keep going on about people on the 410/405 becoming eligible to join the parent visa list.  Nothing is in place yet. 2 years ago there were approximately 3500 410 visa holders in Oz, and just over 300 405 visa holders here. This is fact not speculation from our meeting with the immigration minister.

Since then I personally know over 10 couples that have left recently because of rising costs, and not one couple in the 410 group I meet up with, apart from us who now have the balance of family here, is in any way interested in applying. We are all established here, majority in their late 70’s early 80’s, older than a lot of prospective parent applicants and with associated health problem so the medical might be a problem. the 410 visa is reissued every 10 years, so even we might not take up the parent visa if and when our turn comes, we have to consider if the cost of the visa, is worth it by then.

So in the great scheme of things, I doubt these 2 visa groups will impact greatly on the numbers.

Too late to edit should read posters rather than ‘you’ at the beginning of my post.

Edited by ramot

It was only meant as one of possible reasons for the delay. In fact I remember alerting you to it when it was announced and you thanked me . I was only aiming to present possible reasons and do not  have any axe to grind. Alan Collet who presumably knows more about applicants has a very good blog on this which explains more - is  which is freely available online  

quote....

Subclass 410 and 405 Visa Holders to be Offered Permanent Visas from the Parent Visa Program

The Australian Federal Budget has been handed down today.

Hidden away on page 14 of the revenue measures(pdf reader required) is the following narrative:

The Government will introduce a pathway to permanent residency for holders of Retirement (subclass 410) and Investor Retirement (subclass 405) visas. 

From 2018-19, a portion of the planned parent permanent migration places will be quarantined for retirement visa holders each year. Retirement visa holders in Australia will be eligible to apply onshore for a permanent visa through the Parent (subclass 103) or Contributory Parent (subclass 143) visa streams. 

Retirement visa holders will be exempted from some parent visa requirements that they would typically be unable to meet, such as having family in Australia.

The pathway will remain open until all retirement visa holders who wish to transition to permanent residency have done so. 

As part of the establishment of the pathway, the Government will close the subclass 405 visa to new applicants. The subclass 410 visa is already closed to new applicants. 

This measure continues Minister Dutton’s pattern of displacing visa applicants who are already awaiting the progression of an application: he has already undertaken a similar measure when introducing a skilled visa pathway for New Zealand citizens, displacing intending subclass 189 Skilled Independent visa applicants.

While this will be good news for the 405 and 410 visa holders in Australia who have been lobbying for permanent residency for many years the consequence for existing parent visa applicants is likely to be increased delays in the granting of their visas.

Indeed, we think it is surprising that parents of children in Australia – where the balance of family test is satisfied – will apparently be lower in the visa processing pecking order than those who will often have no other family in Australia.

End quote

39 minutes ago, LindaH27 said:

It was only meant as one of possible reasons for the delay. In fact I remember alerting you to it when it was announced and you thanked me . I was only aiming to present possible reasons and do not  have any axe to grind. Alan Collet who presumably knows more about applicants has a very good blog on this which explains more - is  which is freely available online  

quote....

Subclass 410 and 405 Visa Holders to be Offered Permanent Visas from the Parent Visa Program

The Australian Federal Budget has been handed down today.

Hidden away on page 14 of the revenue measures(pdf reader required) is the following narrative:

The Government will introduce a pathway to permanent residency for holders of Retirement (subclass 410) and Investor Retirement (subclass 405) visas. 

From 2018-19, a portion of the planned parent permanent migration places will be quarantined for retirement visa holders each year. Retirement visa holders in Australia will be eligible to apply onshore for a permanent visa through the Parent (subclass 103) or Contributory Parent (subclass 143) visa streams. 

Retirement visa holders will be exempted from some parent visa requirements that they would typically be unable to meet, such as having family in Australia.

The pathway will remain open until all retirement visa holders who wish to transition to permanent residency have done so. 

As part of the establishment of the pathway, the Government will close the subclass 405 visa to new applicants. The subclass 410 visa is already closed to new applicants. 

This measure continues Minister Dutton’s pattern of displacing visa applicants who are already awaiting the progression of an application: he has already undertaken a similar measure when introducing a skilled visa pathway for New Zealand citizens, displacing intending subclass 189 Skilled Independent visa applicants.

While this will be good news for the 405 and 410 visa holders in Australia who have been lobbying for permanent residency for many years the consequence for existing parent visa applicants is likely to be increased delays in the granting of their visas.

Indeed, we think it is surprising that parents of children in Australia – where the balance of family test is satisfied – will apparently be lower in the visa processing pecking order than those who will often have no other family in Australia.

End quote

Yes have read it and you did post first. However as Alan once replied it hasn’t happened yet, as likewise the 5 year parent visa. These new visas often take years to implement. I agree with Alan I don’t think it fair that 410/405 applicants should be fast tracked. Should be a level playing field,visas issued in accordance to lodgement date.

seemed strange the 103/143 visas mentioned, are they off shore visas? Must google it. Rather than the 804/864  visas.

Who knows what the new immigration minister will do.

Have googled seems you can, think you have to go offshore to be granted? still seems more logical to use the onshore ones. 

The longer I have anything to do with immigration the more illogical it gets!!

Edited by ramot
  • Confused 1