Guest guest36187

10 hours ago, Rosiejaq said:

Just sent my usual email and this is the response.  Been waiting 38 months and 1 week. Heard absolutely bug**r all!  Must be all the June 2015 applicants that have temporarily blocked the system! 

PROCESSING CONTRIBUTORY PARENT VISAS

In the 2018-19 Migration Programme year, 7175 Contributory Parent visa places are available for applicants applying from in and outside Australia.  Due to high numbers of Contributory Parent visa applications lodged each day, processing time has exceeded 49 months.

·         OFFSHORE APPLICANTS (subclass 143 and 173)

When your application is allocated to an assessing officer, you or your authorised contact may be asked to provide more documents, including (but not limited to) an Assurance of Support (subclass 143 only), police certificates and health clearances to finalise your application. 

We are currently assessing applications lodged up to and including 11 June 2015.

·         ONSHORE APPLICANTS (subclass 864 and 884)

When your application is allocated to a case officer, you or your authorised contact will be asked to provide more documents, including  (but not limited to)  an Assurance of Support (subclass 864 only), police certificates and health clearances to finalise your application. 

We are currently assessing applications lodged up to 27 October 2016.

TEMPORARY TO PERMANENT APPLICANTS (subclass 173 to 143 and 884 to 864)

We are currently assessing applications lodged up to 24 November 2017. 

PROCESSING NON-CONTRIBUTORY PARENT VISAS

In the 2018-19 Migration Program year, 1500 Non-Contributory Parent visa places are available for applicants applying from in and outside Australia.

·         OFFSHORE APPLICANTS (subclass 103)

Once your application is allocated to a case officer, your eligibility for a visa will be assessed and if you are found to meet eligibility requirements your application will be placed in a queue and assigned a queue date to wait for a visa place.  

We are currently assessing for a queue date applications lodged in August 2016.

We are currently assessing for visa grant applications with a queue date in August 2010.

·         ONSHORE APPLICANTS (Subclass 804)

Once your application is allocated to a case officer, you or your authorised contact will be contacted and asked to provide more documents including police certificates and health clearances to complete your application.  As soon as you are assessed as meeting all requirements your application will be placed in a queue and assigned a queue date to wait for a visa place.   

We are currently assessing for a queue date applications lodged in April 2016.

We are currently assessing for finalisation applications with a queue date in April 2010. 

Almost up to 2 years since a single 864 visa issued. Do I laugh or cry!!! ? 

19 minutes ago, Elbert said:

AOS = Assurance of Support 

I think this is the worst part in the whole journey of processing visa

It is patently ridiculous that the AoS has become such a significant hurdle for almost all applicants.

In times gone by an AoS was assessed by the Department of Immigration - it was a painless process that was finalised in two or three weeks:

http://guides.dss.gov.au/guide-social-security-law/9/4/1/20

In the name of efficiency (so I understand - maybe there were other reasons, but they are lost on me) the AoS process moved across to the Department of Social Services through Centrelink.   This was fine initially.   Now the delays are inordinate and inexplicable.    I can only assume that the delays result from policy decisions within Federal Government in the context of the politics of the migration numbers.

Why the DSS can't embed half a dozen staff within the PVC is beyond me.   Interviews with Assurers could be conducted on the phone.   Income details could be delivered electronically, and validated with the ATO.   

It's not rocket science!

Time for an email to my local MP.

Best regards.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 08/10/2018 at 10:44, vicky bajwa said:

Hiii dear when did you apply your AOS?

I have applied mine on 22/08/2018. At that time they said that they will call u within 28 days but till now nothing. Now they are saying from 1 july 2018 the processing time is 6 to 18 weeks for AOS. 

How much time immigration will take after aos for 2 vac?

Please help .Anyone has any idea?

Hiiii 

Usually how much time is taken by DHS to finalize AoS ?  It's really disgusting whatever

5 hours ago, vicky bajwa said:

Hiiii 

Usually how much time is taken by DHS to finalize AoS ?  It's really disgusting whatever

Most of may lodgers are still waiting to get for interview call. Worst thing about centrelink that they don't even give you correct information.

when we applied we were told that somebody ll contact us within 28 days. but when we called after that period, lady on the phone told us that it can take about 16-18 weeks. but now even 18 weeks have been passed and still haven't heard a word from them.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Elbert said:

Most of may lodgers are still waiting to get for interview call. Worst thing about centrelink that they don't even give you correct information.

when we applied we were told that somebody ll contact us within 28 days. but when we called after that period, lady on the phone told us that it can take about 16-18 weeks. but now even 18 weeks have been passed and still haven't heard a word from them.

When did you apply for your visa? The more I read about the AOS process the more I dread it. Just when you think your nearly there you have more stress heaped on you.

4 minutes ago, Jellybean T said:

When did you apply for your visa? The more I read about the AOS process the more I dread it. Just when you think your nearly there you have more stress heaped on you.

We are on 103 subclass and we applied in 2009. But i think the process for AOS is same for all visa. just the bond amount may be different.

Edited by Elbert
  • Thanks 1

Would it be a bit quicker for 103 do you think? The amount is less ($5000) and the bond is only for 2 years rather than 10 I believe and just wondered  whether AOS might therefore be quicker for you ?  I have no idea as 103 applicants don’t tend to post much on this forum so I don’t learn as much as I do from other applicants for 143 - I really find this forum helpful and am always eager to learn new facts - it helps pass the time during an ever lengthening wait!! 

We have an acknowledged visa application dated 3rd of July 2015 , our application was handled by Susan Johnson of get going based in Plymouth , she also handled our daughters however when it never came we spoke to Perth who confirmed no application had been made on behalf of our daughter who was distraught , she went anyway and received sponsorship from her employer and is now an Australian citizen , after a frantic call to Perth our application had been received thank god , I don’t know what that woman had done but our daughter lost 5k. The lesson is only use a Mira registered agent .

we have not had any communication from them and have no idea when we will be allocated a case worker , we have sold our house and are going to Melbourne in December we will have to suffer a Holliday or two to Bali , cheap hotels , when we renew our visa in March and when our parent visa is allocated , it’s a big risk but we have three children and a grandchild in Melbourne .

can anyone advise us  on changing our touristvisa to a longer stay one .

bigbobbyg 

On 13/10/2018 at 00:25, ramot said:

Almost up to 2 years since a single 864 visa issued. Do I laugh or cry!!! ? 

I've been sending the blank email but haven't had a reply. Tried several times since beginning of September but no reply coming back. Visa 173 applied for Sept 15.

On 13/10/2018 at 18:25, Bigbobbyg said:

We have an acknowledged visa application dated 3rd of July 2015 , our application was handled by Susan Johnson of get going based in Plymouth , she also handled our daughters however when it never came we spoke to Perth who confirmed no application had been made on behalf of our daughter who was distraught , she went anyway and received sponsorship from her employer and is now an Australian citizen , after a frantic call to Perth our application had been received thank god , I don’t know what that woman had done but our daughter lost 5k. The lesson is only use a Mira registered agent .

we have not had any communication from them and have no idea when we will be allocated a case worker , we have sold our house and are going to Melbourne in December we will have to suffer a Holliday or two to Bali , cheap hotels , when we renew our visa in March and when our parent visa is allocated , it’s a big risk but we have three children and a grandchild in Melbourne .

can anyone advise us  on changing our touristvisa to a longer stay one .

bigbobbyg 

Hi there

Youhave not been forgotten, I don’t think anyone who applied from July 15 has heard anything.

i am living in Perth on a E600 visa it last for 12 months but you cannot ask for an extension unless you have extenuating circumstances, you have to leave the country and reapply offshore. I am on my second E600 with no problems. I went back to the U.K. for a visit and reapplied it came through in 4 days.

Just tried with subject line “143 visa info” got immediate response.
OFFSHORE APPLICANTS (subclass 143 and 173)

When your application is allocated to an assessing officer, you or your authorised contact may be asked to provide more documents, including (but not limited to) an Assurance of Support (subclass 143 only), police certificates and health clearances to finalise your application.

We are currently assessing applications lodged up to and including 12 June 2015

19 minutes ago, michaleasmum said:

Please post how you get on.  Mine was refused, even though I didn't have the no further stay on my 600.   I have also been advised by the agent and the 600 helpline not to apply for another 6 months?????  Currently on the Gold Coast.

143 Lodged 3/9/15 still waiting.

Might have had something to do with the 12 months in any 18 requirement if you’ve had a few previous visits?? The earlier poster has an application date in July 15 just a month after the current assessing  date - maybe that helped? 

But then again immi are a law unto themselves! 

Edited by LindaH27