Guest guest36187

3 minutes ago, superman2016 said:

@Kathss56 I strongly believe a majority of 06/2015 applicants have already received an invite from DIBP, the DIBP deliberately delays processing 07/2015 applications. 

Kev

They are deliberately delaying everyone’s from now on so as to reduce annual migration from 190000 to 170000 approx 

as we know some skilled visas have been reduced/ceased, so we stand way down the list of priority I’m afraid that is why the wait is getting longer. Our visas are under issued by about 1000 last 2yrs 

21 hours ago, ant111 said:

Hi all, Got the visa Friday 6/7/18. A couple of hours after leaving Australia for Thailand.

They gave us 7 days to book during school holidays and send them the itinerary. So no pressure there. Stressful to the end.!

Best wishes to all and perhaps never more appropriate is the phrase. " Keep calm and carry on" pommmmmmm.....

Right now I am reading my visa grant letter...........

?

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

On 8 July 2018 at 11:28, David Leask said:

Hi Sheena,
Yes, you have to be offshore (out of the country) when the 143 visa is granted. It’s the act of entering the country that triggers the visa. I think it really screws the system up if you stay onshore when it’s granted.
The visa won’t be granted until you pay the second vac. By that time you will have a Case Officer and you should be able to liaise with him/her regarding the actual timing of the visa grant. I believe it’s typically a few days after the payment is received by the PVC.
I hope this helps emoji4.png
David

On 8 July 2018 at 10:38, Sheena said:

Hi all!

Just discovered this awesome forum.  Thanks for the generous sharing of information, and congratulations to all who have their visas granted at the turn of July 2018!

I just lodged my visa 143 in Feb 2018, so, i've to brace myself for the long wait.

I'm not sure if I'm interpreting the following correctly....There is a condition that for visa 143 offshore applicants like myself, we have to be out of the country at the point of grant of visa.  I'm curious to know the rationale for this?  And would the applicants be given an estimated timeframe to leave Australia, in anticipation of the visa grant?  Reason being that I might be in Australia on a tourist visa around the time of visa grant.

Thank you for advice!

Hi Sheena if you are in Australia at time of 2nd vac request they give you 7 days to submit proof of travel out of the country which has to be within 28 days. We had this happen as there on a 600 visa at time the visa was granted when we landed in Bali. Hope this helps?

1 hour ago, Kathss56 said:

Anyone out on a 600 who has had the  private medical insurance condition attached which has to meet the full medicare costs

unsure as to whether or not I need to get a temporary medicare card for  the 12months or just use private health ins if I have to go to a GP etc. ??

thanks

Hi Kath we have been twice on a 600 luckily did not have that clause , but I would still advise you to get the temporary Medicare card , just so you don't end up paying to see go etc as well as other private costs. Good luck ?

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Roger Vanstone said:

Is there any way to get the 6 months exit requirement  on the 600 visa removed or when we apply for the next one request this provision not be applied.

thank you

Once visa issued no appeals etc. You can ask for it to be cancelled and chance a re apply I believe if you read up on immi website but no guarantee it won’t be on the next one. I wouldn’t risk it personally, ask an agent for advice. 

2 hours ago, HarrisL16 said:

Hi Sheena if you are in Australia at time of 2nd vac request they give you 7 days to submit proof of travel out of the country which has to be within 28 days. We had this happen as there on a 600 visa at time the visa was granted when we landed in Bali. Hope this helps?

Yes, many thanks! 

Hi!

I'm late to the party, and therefore, am not sure if my queries had been asked before.  Anyone knows if there are different processing queues within visa 143, and if so, what are these queues based on?  For eg, are there queues based on country of origin?  or quotas imposed for different countries?

Another question : on police certificates, do these cover the last 10 years only, or since I turned 16 years old?  Am trying to interpret the paragraph in the immigration website.  I am in my 50s now, and have been living in my present country the last 25 years ie. emigrated from country of birth.  Therefore, would the police certificate from my present country suffice? 

Thank you.  Cheers.

10 hours ago, Sheena said:

Hi!

I'm late to the party, and therefore, am not sure if my queries had been asked before.  Anyone knows if there are different processing queues within visa 143, and if so, what are these queues based on?  For eg, are there queues based on country of origin?  or quotas imposed for different countries?

Another question : on police certificates, do these cover the last 10 years only, or since I turned 16 years old?  Am trying to interpret the paragraph in the immigration website.  I am in my 50s now, and have been living in my present country the last 25 years ie. emigrated from country of birth.  Therefore, would the police certificate from my present country suffice? 

Thank you.  Cheers.

There's only 1 queue and quota for 143 visas.

You need a police check for the last 10 years since you turned 16.  So if you are in your 50's, it only needs to cover the last 10 years.  If you were 20 years old you'd only need to cover 4 years (since you turned 16).

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MaggieMay24 said:

You need a police check for the last 10 years since you turned 16.  So if you are in your 50's, it only needs to cover the last 10 years.  If you were 20 years old you'd only need to cover 4 years (since you turned 16).

Thank you, MaggieMay24! 

19 minutes ago, MaggieMay24 said:

For clarity a police certificate/ check for any country you spent 12 months or more during the  last ten years. 

• Like 1

103 visa queue as at 10/07/18

queue date                  IN Queue              Reduction since last update

7/1/10                           290                          50

3/5/10                         1260                        160

23/5/11                       6920                          

1/5/12                          9210                          60

1/5/13                          12410

1/5/14                          14910

1/5/15                           17540                     20

24/8/15                         23900                      10

So not many swopping to 143

Hi All,

Very interesting reading. Looks like I'm in for a bit of a wait. our 143 application was only lodged on 21st May 2018. I was originally told 2.5 - 3 years. hopefully it will not take much longer than that. I see a lot of you are already living is Oz whilst waiting for it to be processed. Question is are you allowed to work in Oz whilst waiting as only being 54 I have a few years to wait for my pension and my wife is a few years younger?

Any advice would be much appreciated as I could move a soon as March 19 when my current pension freezes.

Many thanks

9 minutes ago, Danny2729 said:

Hi All,

Very interesting reading. Looks like I'm in for a bit of a wait. our 143 application was only lodged on 21st May 2018. I was originally told 2.5 - 3 years. hopefully it will not take much longer than that. I see a lot of you are already living is Oz whilst waiting for it to be processed. Question is are you allowed to work in Oz whilst waiting as only being 54 I have a few years to wait for my pension and my wife is a few years younger?

Any advice would be much appreciated as I could move a soon as March 19 when my current pension freezes.

Many thanks

Hi there is an approximate wait of about 38 - 40 months from lodgement when looking at our fellow PVC's having just had their visas granted up to 5th May 2015 so not to be a bearer of bad news but if it continues you will have a much longer wait than being there by March '19 as that is when I think mine may be granted and I lodged mine in October 2015.... sorry ?

24 minutes ago, Danny2729 said:

Hi All,

Many thanks

No you cannot work. Current processing is 44-56months. It is increasing all the time. They produce global visa  processing times on the 19-20th of each month on homeaffairs website 

Edited by Kathss56

No work is allowed on visitor visas however long they are valid for, sorry . And you’re looking at about 5- 6 years wait! The queue is already over 46000 and only 7175 visas can be granted but in the last couple of years they’ve granted around 1000 less. 

Sorry Im not sure - best to check on home affairs website. I do know it’s more expensive doing it as a two step process and it’s also subject to possible rises on the 2nd vac and also AOS has to be paid. 

Again best to check on website for hard facts.