Guest guest36187

10 hours ago, SusieRoo said:

I was looking at the details of the new visa bill, and I’m no expert, but it seems to be saying that all future visa applicants will need AOS approval BEFORE applying for their visas.

How will this work when the processing time for cpv is 3+ years. The ASO information will be out of date, will everyone have to re-apply for AOS?

And when the new temp visa starts with 15,000 new places per year, can you imagine how busy Centrelink is going to be. I bet we will see additional months of delays of 143’s.

maybe this is the aim?

11 hours ago, SusieRoo said:

I was looking at the details of the new visa bill, and I’m no expert, but it seems to be saying that all future visa applicants will need AOS approval BEFORE applying for their visas.

How will this work when the processing time for cpv is 3+ years. The ASO information will be out of date, will everyone have to re-apply for AOS?

And when the new temp visa starts with 15,000 new places per year, can you imagine how busy Centrelink is going to be. I bet we will see additional months of delays of 143’s.

Not quite right.

The new temporary parent visa will (I believe) require sponsors - not assurers - to be approved by the Department of Home Affairs before the visa application can be lodged.

Best regards.

• Like 2

On 27/02/2018 at 04:12, Kathss56 said:

Oh eck! Then it will be Easter closures ?

I’m  definitely going on a 600 now -house sold on open day to first time buyer so  in 10 12 weeks hopefully, everything crossed ??

Excellent news about your house sale Kath, congratulations???

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 3/4/2018 at 13:28, Alan Collett said:

I'm not sure how many people know this, but 10+ years ago the AoS process used to be administered by the Department of Immigration.

Details of the Assurer's income would be sent to the case officer, and all was well - the process was completed in a matter of days, as a rule.

Then an unnamed bright spark decided it would be better for the AoS to be handled by the DoHS, no doubt in the name of efficiency/improvements to the handling of cases.

The AoS timeline has been going downhill ever since.

Does no-one aver audit the outcome of these decisions?   I think we all know the answer to that ...

Onwards!

That is how more jobs are being created to make politicians in power safe :)

12 hours ago, LindaH27 said:

Kath can you let us all  how you get on with  the 600 visa?  Hopefully the one that doesn’t  say 12  months in any 18 months!!   ?

Will do -applying when I come back from this trip -probably beg April 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Kathss56 said:

Will do -applying when I come back from this trip -probably beg April 

Kath, I will be very interested to hear how you get on with that, as that will also be an option for me when I get nearer to my 143 assessment date. Good luck!

• Thanks 1

On 3/3/2018 at 07:06, nyorksgrannie said:

I think it is unfair to blame Centrelink for all the delays we found them very helpful it obviously varies state to state. I understand  there used to be more regional processing offices and then it was all centralised in Perth not sure if thhis was an improvement or not. It is very frustrating waiting but we have to remember there are people from many different places in the world applying all with different circumstances.

@nyorksgrannie ~ As I can see your lodgement date was 9th April 2015, have you got allocated a case officer yet? Their processing date is right on 9th Apr 2015. I just want to work out how the processing date calculated. 

34 minutes ago, Ian Ireland said:

Help please! 

Does anybody have a link for one way insurance to cover travel to OZ. I need a policy for my wife who has had investigations. It is kind of urgent!

Every company I’ve looked at wants return trips. 

Hi Ian, I think AMP may have looked into this some months ago. Sue

1 hour ago, Ian Ireland said:

Help please! 

Does anybody have a link for one way insurance to cover travel to OZ. I need a policy for my wife who has had investigations. It is kind of urgent!

I've messaged you, Ian. 

HELP. I AM 75 my husband is 80. We are on the visitor visa 600  We have booked a trip to Thailand and uk for 99 days. As that is the time left of the six months we need to be out of the country. We need travel insurance and are finding it impossible. Firstly because of age and secondly because it is over 90 days. Does anyone know of a company that will cover us or do we have to travel without insurance. 

2 hours ago, Roger Vanstone said:

HELP. I AM 75 my husband is 80. We are on the visitor visa 600  We have booked a trip to Thailand and uk for 99 days. As that is the time left of the six months we need to be out of the country. We need travel insurance and are finding it impossible. Firstly because of age and secondly because it is over 90 days. Does anyone know of a company that will cover us or do we have to travel without insurance. 

Heard some mention Truetraveller and ANzPlus 

15 hours ago, Ian Ireland said:

Help please! 

Hi Ian

A conversation re one way travel insurance started on page 581 with Catlady and a number of suggestions were given.

Hope this helps and you soon get sorted.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Roger Vanstone said:

I'm not sure of your full position, but have you considered switching a 864 visa? This is much cheaper than a 143 and will allow you to stay in Australia while the application is being processed.

I would definitely be on a 864 visa if I was in your age category and it would be worth contacting @Alan Collett for professional advise.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, SusieRoo said:

I'm not sure of your full position, but have you considered switching a 864 visa? This is much cheaper than a 143 and will allow you to stay in Australia while the application is being processed.

I would definitely be on a 864 visa if I was in your age category and it would be worth contacting @Alan Collett for professional advise.

How much is an 864 visa? Once we sell our house this might be what we need as I am 66 and my husband is 76 years old.

14 minutes ago, Jellybean T said:

How much is an 864 visa? Once we sell our house this might be what we need as I am 66 and my husband is 76 years old.

Sorry I am not giving the correct details here. It's a 804 visa which only costs only au$6010 and you can stay in Australia on a bridging visa while waiting. The 864 visa is the same price as a 143 (I think) and this also allows you to stay in Australia while the application is being processed (and I also think it is quicker). I not an expert, so it is worth speaking to @Alan Collett will be able to give you full details. I hope this helps.