Guest guest36187

Guest geordie joe
Well, move on up everyone......My parents have got their visa confirmation today!!!!

Thanks so much for all the support that everyone has for each other on this forum - its been a valuable source of information, and glad to have been able to share it with your all.

Good luck to everyone, and especially the other 23rd Juners - Tien and Julie. I hope you are both celebrating soon too.

:arghh:WOW!

Fantastic news, I bet you were grinning from ear to ear updating your time line to VISA GRANTED!!!

Hi Jo. The DIBP website is ridiculously difficult to interpret when it comes to fees and charges for Parent visas. The following is the total payment for Contributory Parent visas - both if you pay up front or split it across 2 years.

Offshore:

Total Subclass 143 = AUD 47 295

Total Subclass 173 + subsequent Subclass 143 = AUD 51 365

Onshore:

Total Subclass 864 = AUD 47 295

Total Subclass 884 + subsequent Subclass 864 = AUD 52 570

The initial payment on lodgement of a 143 or 864 visa is AUD 3695 (one payment only), followed by a payment of AUD 43 600 per applicant. The second instalment is payable before visa grant.

The initial payment on lodgement of an offshore 173 visa is AUD 2490 (one only), followed by a payment of AUD 29 130 for each applicant. Two years later a fee is payable on lodgement of the 143 visa of AUD 325 followed by a 2nd instalment of AUD 19 420 per applicant.

The initial payment on lodgement of an onshore 884 visa is AUD 3695 (one only), followed by a payment of AUD 29 130 for each applicant. Two years later a fee is payable on lodgement of the 864 visa of AUD 325 followed by a 2nd instalment of AUD 19 420 per applicant.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Lisa De Leon

MARN 1170616

Australian Visa Options

Sorry to ask as I'm still not clear. Is the original payment of AUD 3695 per applicant or per couple applying?

Thanks

Has anyone on this thread applied for the contributary parent visa while already in Oz on a 410 retirement visa?

Edited by ramot

Well, move on up everyone......My parents have got their visa confirmation today!!!!

Thanks so much for all the support that everyone has for each other on this forum - its been a valuable source of information, and glad to have been able to share it with your all.

Good luck to everyone, and especially the other 23rd Juners - Tien and Julie. I hope you are both celebrating soon too.

Many congratulations, very pleased to hear good news at last on here!!

Hi Julie and Tien, I really hope the next few steps go smoothly for you both. Sadge, I'm also hoping things go well with all your medical information too-fingers crossed for you.

Thanks for everyone's good wishes-I fly home to help my parents get on with selling the house tomorrow. I'm packing my thermals as I've heard it's a bit chilly!!

Fantastic news! Congrats to the family :-) Your parents must be so relieved! Good luck with the house sale.

Having waited nearly 29 months for a case officer for our CPV143 visa we now find we are waiting forever for Centrelink to process our AOS. So far it has been nearly five weeks. Is anyone else having this problem. Our son went back in to Centrelink to check and they just told him it had not been processed yet even though they have told him he is a suitable assurer. We are now so frustrated as our police checks run out in mid January.

Having waited nearly 29 months for a case officer for our CPV143 visa we now find we are waiting forever for Centrelink to process our AOS. So far it has been nearly five weeks. Is anyone else having this problem. Our son went back in to Centrelink to check and they just told him it had not been processed yet even though they have told him he is a suitable assurer. We are now so frustrated as our police checks run out in mid January.

Hi

CentreLink have been awful, our daughter applied for the AOS mid September, we are now over 8 weeks and have only just got the letter to go to the Commonwealth Bank. Don't think it gets any easier as the Commonwealth .bank have restricted hours of opening, if your Sponsor hasn't got An account with them then they have to open one. We are having to wait 5 more days so that we can get to the Bank on their later opening hours on Friday. Frankly it's acomplete shambles. If you can get confirmation from Dept of Human Services that they have issued he letter to go to the Bank you can get a copy of this letter from your local Centrelink Office, otherwise it seems to take about 10 days in the post.

we are both completely fed up and frustrated by the whole affair and will be glad when it,s all over.

wishing you goood luck and hope you hear soon.......you are not alone ......

Julie

What a nightmare the whole process has been. However I feel encouraged by your comment, Julie as I feared they may have lost us in the system. This has to be the most frustrating process ever. I think even our agent is a frustrated as we are although that is probably me bending his ear bless him.

Hi

CentreLink have been awful, our daughter applied for the AOS mid September, we are now over 8 weeks and have only just got the letter to go to the Commonwealth Bank. Don't think it gets any easier as the Commonwealth .bank have restricted hours of opening, if your Sponsor hasn't got An account with them then they have to open one. We are having to wait 5 more days so that we can get to the Bank on their later opening hours on Friday. Frankly it's acomplete shambles. If you can get confirmation from Dept of Human Services that they have issued he letter to go to the Bank you can get a copy of this letter from your local Centrelink Office, otherwise it seems to take about 10 days in the post.

we are both completely fed up and frustrated by the whole affair and will be glad when it,s all over.

wishing you goood luck and hope you hear soon.......you are not alone ......

Julie

Does anyone have any insider information as to why 143's are taking so long? Ours was lodged on 1st December 2014, at that time, there was an 18 month waiting list. That appears to have now extended to a 29 month wait? Why does 'everybody' get pushed back? Surely they process what's in the tray at the time and when a new application comes in, those applicants can be given a fresh forecast date?

Does anyone have any insider information as to why 143's are taking so long? Ours was lodged on 1st December 2014, at that time, there was an 18 month waiting list. That appears to have now extended to a 29 month wait? Why does 'everybody' get pushed back? Surely they process what's in the tray at the time and when a new application comes in, those applicants can be given a fresh forecast date?

We're all in the same boat. I lodged October 2014 and, like you, my agent was able to give me a "forecast" of 18 months based on how long applications AT THAT TIME were taking to be processed. There has been a big hold-up this year with average processing now taking 29 months, due we are told to the huge number of applications received by the Immigration Dept during May and June 2014 (just before a rise in the visa charge), which they are only just finishing processing now (they are currently up to 30th June 2014). And applications are taken in date of lodgement. So, anybody who lodged during May/June 2014, and after, are suffering badly from this delay. Hopefully, if what we are being told is true about May and June applications, now that Immigration are nearly at the end of June 2014 applications, processing should start to speed up again. We can only hope, but I'm not holding my breath, because there are also occasional strikes which I'm sure add to the delay. Realistically, I think we are looking more at close to 3 years.

Edited by Catlady2014

We're all in the same boat. I lodged October 2014 and, like you, my agent was able to give me a "forecast" of 18 months based on how long applications AT THAT TIME were taking to be processed. There has been a big hold-up this year with average processing now taking 29 months, due we are told to the huge number of applications received by the Immigration Dept during May and June 2014 (just before a rise in the visa charge), which they are only just finishing processing now (they are currently up to 30th June 2014). And applications are taken in date of lodgement. So, anybody who lodged during May/June 2014, and after, are suffering badly from this delay. Hopefully, if what we are being told is true about May and June applications, now that Immigration are nearly at the end of June 2014 applications, processing should start to speed up again. We can only hope, but I'm not holding my breath, because there are also occasional strikes which I'm sure add to the delay. Realistically, I think we are looking more at close to 3 years.

Exactly, at the time our visas were lodged, there must have been some indication as to the new processing times. there must be a 'golden' number of visas that are processed each week albeit I accept some may have some aggravating factors to sort out. :)

Looking ahead to any Assurance of Support issues, my daughter and son-in-law will be our sponsors, albeit we are financially able to look after ourselves.

1. Is it correct that I am unable to put up my own AOS due to the fact that I have not got PR status?

2. If I am able to offer up my own AOS, will this scupper any future sponsorship I would have to provide for my other daughter on a LRR visa?

3. My son-in-law is the breadwinner with my daughter at home looking after the tiny one. If my daughter puts her name on the AOS form, will Centre Link look at the income of her husband or should he be named as the lead sponsor?

Hopefully some of you guys have been around the same wheel!

Simple maths I'm afraid. 7175 visa's processed each year equates to 20 a day including weekends and public holidays and not forgetting the odd strike so the amount processed is probably around 30 a working day. The massive Influx of applications May June 2014 has pushed the whole thing back. If a week equates to approx 150 applications and a month is 600 applications, so July - November means 3000 applications have been processed and we haven't started to process July 2015 yet.

The really worrying thing is that once they reach that magic number of 7175 Immigration stop processing visa applications until the next year starts 1 July. We can only hope that no one applied July, August, Sept and Oct 2014 to get us back on track. The other alternative is they Increase the visa quota for next year to release the back log---Don't hold your breath.

Looking ahead to any Assurance of Support issues, my daughter and son-in-law will be our sponsors, albeit we are financially able to look after ourselves.

1. Is it correct that I am unable to put up my own AOS due to the fact that I have not got PR status?

2. If I am able to offer up my own AOS, will this scupper any future sponsorship I would have to provide for my other daughter on a LRR visa?

3. My son-in-law is the breadwinner with my daughter at home looking after the tiny one. If my daughter puts her name on the AOS form, will Centre Link look at the income of her husband or should he be named as the lead sponsor?

Hi. My daughter sponsored us earlier this year, while she was home on maternity leave. We had a hold up when she was unable to provide a pay slip for one of the months requested because at that time she was no longer being paid (she took a year and the mat. pay ran out at some point.) So she had a job but insuffiecient proof of income. She got round that by getting her accountant to write to centrelink confirming what her income normally was and would be when she returned to work. If your daughter is in that position, I'd advise her to get a similar confirmation of normal earnings from her accountant. If she is not planning to return to work then I don't know how it works.

hope this helps!

Hi. My daughter sponsored us earlier this year, while she was home on maternity leave. We had a hold up when she was unable to provide a pay slip for one of the months requested because at that time she was no longer being paid (she took a year and the mat. pay ran out at some point.) So she had a job but insuffiecient proof of income. She got round that by getting her accountant to write to centrelink confirming what her income normally was and would be when she returned to work. If your daughter is in that position, I'd advise her to get a similar confirmation of normal earnings from her accountant. If she is not planning to return to work then I don't know how it works.

hope this helps!

http://guides.dss.gov.au/guide-social-security-law/9/4/3/80

Remember also that up to 3 individuals can act as joint Assurers.

Best regards.

Don't forget that the Assurer doesn''t have to be related to the visa applicant/s.

The requirements of an Assurer are different to that of the sponsor.

Best regards.

Hi all

Just to let you all know that we were asked for the Form 80 etc today, so it would appear we're being assessed now and they have moved on to the 1st July 2014!

A small "woohoo" at the moment!

I'll keep you all posted.

Steve

Edited by Steve2

Good morning/afternoon :-)

Here's some good news for a Friday...

There's room for two more in the final waiting room!!! WE'VE BEEN NOTIFIED OF OUR VISA GRANT TODAY!! and we are so happy!! so relieved! Here's to the end of November when we board that plane :-)

Good luck to everyone else, I really wish you well - it's been stressful, long, I've become paranoid at times about what may happen/if I filled something out wrong/if I sent something to the wrong place/if I got the cheque amount wrong/if I deleted an e-mail before seeing it - it's amazing how so much goes through your head haha and I am sure I'm not alone on that!!

I will keep checking here to check how you are all progressing. There are a few who will be right behind me :-)

Farewell for now and all the best and thanks for all the support over the past 2+ years!

Amanda

Wow, congratulations. where in Australia are you thinking of settling? I'll bet you can't wait. Just in time for summer and Christmas.........that doesn't sound right does it? Lol

Edited by Bev50Bradley

Our Application was lodged on 27th June 2014 and we finally got a case officer on 28th October 2016. On 12th October we received an email inviting us to get all paperwork in order ready for allocation of Case Officer. Our son went in to Centrelink on 14th October and lodged the AOS. All medicals police checks were done and AOS lodged before allocation of Case Officer. When we got a Case Officer on 28th October we were asked to update out Form 80 (A lot can change in 29 months). That was done on 29th October. `The problem now is that Centrelink, in spite of saying all was OK with our son's lodgement have not processed the AOS so 5 weeks on from AOS lodgement and 3 weeks on from Case Officer we are no further forward. We went in to Centrelink yesterday to check if they had lost the AOS lodgement and they haven't. So still not holding our breath! So frustrating.