SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

1 hour ago, Beffers said:

Well, I'm really hoping although I have an e651 on standby if needs be!!!  I really hope that I don't have to go down that route though!!

Have you booked flights to go? I Can't wait to book that one way ticket! 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Beffers said:

I've just got my grant, straight to 100.

We applied early Feb so three months.

We leave the UK 11/6!

Whoop whoop!! Told you we'd gets ours on the same day!! Brilliant news :-) 

Edited by TinaK
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, Kellydud said:

Amazing news.  Congrats.  I'm hoping ours is just as quick!

Judging from what you said in your other post, your case is as straightforward as mine and same for TinaK as well, so hopefully you'll hear soon!! X

• Like 1

Well looks like everything is coming through quicker than expected for us.

We didn't use an agent, instead we closely read and reread the questions on the form.

My partner has Austrian citizenship by descent.  She is sponsoring myself and I have her 14yr old lad on my application.

Uploaded various photos from 2013 to date showing myself and my partner together - 4 per year from 2012

2 years of mobile bills showing text messages and calls between us, not the content of, just the numbers to and from.

Showed individual bank statements as we didn't have a joint account and highlighted relevant points including.

1. Payments for partners car insurance and breakdown cover
  2. Holiday receipts
  3. Travel insurance policy 
  4. Money going to and from each others accounts

Two written statements from friends to say we were a genuine couple.  

As for the one year rule as de facto 

We had months living apart since 2012 but saw each other on a daily basis and this wasn't an issue for the visa.  

As long as you explain why, in our case we had separate houses (and utility bills etc) and we stopped over at each others regularly. 

04/03/2017 - Submitted form 80.

11/04/2017 Asked to do police check and medicals - No other info required.

These are booked for Mid-May.

Will see what happens then.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zx6r said:

We didn't use an agent, instead we closely read and reread the questions on the form.

My partner has Austrian citizenship by descent.  She is sponsoring myself and I have her 14yr old lad on my application.

Uploaded various photos from 2013 to date showing myself and my partner together - 4 per year from 2012

2 years of mobile bills showing text messages and calls between us, not the content of, just the numbers to and from.

Showed individual bank statements as we didn't have a joint account and highlighted relevant points including.

2. Holiday receipts

We had months living apart since 2012 but saw each other on a daily basis and this wasn't an issue for the visa.  

As long as you explain why, in our case we had separate houses (and utility bills etc) and we stopped over at each others regularly. 

I would imagine you'll get your 309 granted by early June latest!!! Good luck!!!

Congrats Tina and Beffers! I've been popping back in every now and then to see how everyone was getting on.

We are currently in Antigua to celebrate my hubby's 40th.  Our stuff got shipped the day before we left and we fly out to Melbourne on the 29th of May.  We've got an airbnb booked for a month while we look for rental accommodation and I start my new job on June 5, so it's all coming together well I think.  Just need to sell the cars.

Good luck to everyone on settling into Australia and starting an exciting new adventure.

xxx

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Jen56johns said:

Congrats Tina and Beffers! I've been popping back in every now and then to see how everyone was getting on.

We are currently in Antigua to celebrate my hubby's 40th.  Our stuff got shipped the day before we left and we fly out to Melbourne on the 29th of May.  We've got an airbnb booked for a month while we look for rental accommodation and I start my new job on June 5, so it's all coming together well I think.  Just need to sell the cars.

Good luck to everyone on settling into Australia and starting an exciting new adventure.

xxx

Thanks Jen!! You sound as tho you're having a fab time!! Good luck with the arrival and job!! X

On 2017-5-2 at 7:14 PM, zx6r said:

2. Holiday receipts

lol, just to confirm as my partner just pointed out.  She's Australian by descent not Austrian!!  
Damn auto correct!!

I bet she doesn't allow me to arrange the shipping of our stuff now xD

• Like 4

10 hours ago, zx6r said:

lol, just to confirm as my partner just pointed out.  She's Australian by descent not Austrian!!  
Damn auto correct!!

I bet she doesn't allow me to arrange the shipping of our stuff now xD

I never noticed that mistake, Takes a women to notice these things. Ive done that too! 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Jen56johns said:

xxx

Thanks Jen! Wow, sounds like a great way to celebrate. I turn 40 3 days before we fly out to Melbourne but I'm not doing anything nearly so exotic, in fact I'm likely to waving off the container on my actual birthday!! Hubby has promised to take me to the whitsundays once we're settled to make up for it ?

Good luck for the move and with the new job too. All of us that are heading to Melbourne should do a meet up once we're there! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TinaK said:

Thanks Jen! Wow, sounds like a great way to celebrate. I turn 40 3 days before we fly out to Melbourne but I'm not doing anything nearly so exotic, in fact I'm likely to waving off the container on my actual birthday!! Hubby has promised to take me to the whitsundays once we're settled to make up for it ?

Good luck for the move and with the new job too. All of us that are heading to Melbourne should do a meet up once we're there! 

Yeah glamorous birthdays all round, our removal company will be packing my kitchen on my birthday pmsl whoop whoop!!!!

• Like 1

Hi all,
So is everyone who is applying recently getting their visas within a few months then? I am playing for mine off shore within the next month or so and I'm wondering how long it would take as I would like to be out in Australia by September

Sent from my iPhone using PomsinOz

Hi all,
So is everyone who is applying recently getting their visas within a few months then? I am playing for mine off shore within the next month or so and I'm wondering how long it would take as I would like to be out in Australia by September

Sent from my iPhone using PomsinOz

There's no guarantees in this game but there have been a few quick grants recently. Others have taken up to 6 months. It will be quicker to apply offshore than onshore tho.

Sent using Poms in Oz mobile app

• Like 1

Hi, thank you. Even six months would be great, as it currently says up to 16 months on their website. So I'd be happy with that! Waiting on partner to forward to details so that I can move onto the next page of the application. I have decided to take advice given to me here, and apply offshore. Then I will probably go in September on the tourist visa in the meantime. My only other option was applying onshore on the tourist visa, but that seems a bit risky now.

Sent using Poms in Oz mobile app

Signature reminder

Can people please remember not to make their signatures overly large with lots of line breaks between the text. Ideally we don't want big white spaces between lines and prefer for things to run across the page like this *Visa lodged 14/04 - Medical 15/05 - Police check 16/06 - Waiting - Visa Granted 17/11 - Moving to Australia soon*

There is an automatic skip down to the next line once you reach the end so no need to hit Enter/Return as that gives you a big line break. 

Otherwise many signatures take up more space on the page than the actual posts O.oxD

Thanks in advance :)

snifter :ph34r:

1 hour ago, snifter said:

Signature reminder

Can people please remember not to make their signatures overly large with lots of line breaks between the text. Ideally we don't want big white spaces between lines and prefer for things to run across the page like this *Visa lodged 14/04 - Medical 15/05 - Police check 16/06 - Waiting - Visa Granted 17/11 - Moving to Australia soon*

There is an automatic skip down to the next line once you reach the end so no need to hit Enter/Return as that gives you a big line break. 

Otherwise many signatures take up more space on the page than the actual posts O.oxD

Thanks in advance :)

snifter :ph34r:

Guilty!  And have just changed it! :P

• Like 1