SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

13 hours ago, JohnNorwich said:

Hi all,

Long time lurker but I thought I'd add my timeline for others to see.

Applied 1st week of December 2016.

Health check and extra police checks requested for sponsor - 1st week of April 

Submitted those details - 1st week of May 

309/100 granted - 26th of May 2017.

So just under 6 months of processing.

Leaving for Sydney - End of October 2017!

Congratulations and all the best for the packing/moving etc! Did you go straight to 100 then?

• Like 1

On 5/23/2017 at 15:17, TheWayOfThePony said:

Ha, I think that's 8 more than what I'll have! But I knew it when I applied. It's quite the commitment in terms of money and annual leave so I can't really stamp my foot and demand everyone comes and celebrates the Princess ? I'm happy for your message that the family is making that long trip though :) 

Yeah Melbourne is BIG and I have only seen a fraction of it. It's so great that you can be in the mountains or on the beach after a swift train ride! That and the glorious food - you understand why it constantly tops the polls of most livable cities :)

Yeah it certainly is! You've no one going over for yours? 

Im a country boy from Northern Ireland so you can imagine how Big Melbourne felt to me lol 

13 hours ago, JohnNorwich said:

Hi all,

Long time lurker but I thought I'd add my timeline for others to see.

Applied 1st week of December 2016.

Health check and extra police checks requested for sponsor - 1st week of April 

Submitted those details - 1st week of May 

309/100 granted - 26th of May 2017.

So just under 6 months of processing.

Leaving for Sydney - End of October 2017!

Thats Awesome!! Congrats

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Lever40 said:

Yeah it certainly is! You've no one going over for yours? 

Im a country boy from Northern Ireland so you can imagine how Big Melbourne felt to me lol 

Thats Awesome!! Congrats

Nah, I doubt the European tribe can afford to come. I have friends in Melbourne though, so all good! :)

Haha, I can imagine! It's enormous! But I like that Melbs is a big city in terms of scale, but it's still very easy to find quiet suburbs where people take the time to live. Not as stupidly hectic as London!

• Like 1

Applied for our de facto in sept 2015, got the 309 approved in June 2015.

Entered Oz in Jan 2016 and then went back to the UK to sort out our move properly. Made the move to Oz Dec 2016 and am here now.

Whilst in the U.K. we completed our second stage (subclass 100) application in Sept 2016, but have heard nothing back yet. It's been nigh on 9 months. Is that normal?

Sent from my iPhone using PomsinOz

6 hours ago, Lever40 said:

So... My case officer rang me today at lunch, and asked if I wanted it granted now or do I want to wait.. he litterally asked that lol.. So yeah Granted! Over the moon and relieved is an understatement 

Oh wow! That's fantastic news! Huge congrats. I can't believe that your CO rang to ask you - that's got to be a first?! 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Lever40 said:

So... My case officer rang me today at lunch, and asked if I wanted it granted now or do I want to wait.. he litterally asked that lol.. So yeah Granted! Over the moon and relieved is an understatement 

Amazing!!! Congrats ? how nice of them to call you to make sure it fitted your schedule! When are you flying?

So there will be a few of us 300ers applying for a 820 in the next few months... interested to see how the partner visa changes will affect us all...

• Like 3

10 hours ago, TinaK said:

Oh wow! That's fantastic news! Huge congrats. I can't believe that your CO rang to ask you - that's got to be a first?! 

I know, he was checking if Id have enough time to submit my partner visa after we are married before the cut of date. We moved the wedding forward a few weeks from what was on the application, he was cool with our dates and said that should be enough time. So he said He'll grant it now if thats ok? of course I was like yes please!!

10 hours ago, TheWayOfThePony said:

Amazing!!! Congrats ? how nice of them to call you to make sure it fitted your schedule! When are you flying?

So there will be a few of us 300ers applying for a 820 in the next few months... interested to see how the partner visa changes will affect us all...

Hoping to fly out first/second week of August. So much to sort out in the next month, wasn't expecting it as soon. hopefully the 820 is straight forward!

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Lever40 said:

Whoop whoop!! Well done, so happy for you. We left Northern Ireland last Wednesday!! X

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Beffers said:

Whoop whoop!! Well done, so happy for you. We left Northern Ireland last Wednesday!! X

Won't be far behind you. Start of August, hopefully fly back with Jess. Was not expecting it until August maybe July earliest let alone start of June! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lever40 said:

I know, he was checking if Id have enough time to submit my partner visa after we are married before the cut of date. We moved the wedding forward a few weeks from what was on the application, he was cool with our dates and said that should be enough time. So he said He'll grant it now if thats ok? of course I was like yes please!!

Hoping to fly out first/second week of August. So much to sort out in the next month, wasn't expecting it as soon. hopefully the 820 is straight forward!

I know, organising that move is daunting, I find new things to sort out every day! Good luck!

Hope the 820 is straightforward too. Given that we come from a 300 where the sponsor already has to provide a police check etc I wonder if the sponsor approval process gets fast-tracked in that new two-steps procedure.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TheWayOfThePony said:

I know, organising that move is daunting, I find new things to sort out every day! Good luck!

Hope the 820 is straightforward too. Given that we come from a 300 where the sponsor already has to provide a police check etc I wonder if the sponsor approval process gets fast-tracked in that new two-steps procedure.

Ive an agent who will help us through it so hopefully that will speed things up for us. Told me to set up a joint bank account as soon as I arrive 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Lever40 said:

Ive an agent who will help us through it so hopefully that will speed things up for us. Told me to set up a joint bank account as soon as I arrive 

You can set that up before you go as the big 4 allow you to set up a migrant account before you leave the UK.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Beffers said:

You can set that up before you go as the big 4 allow you to set up a migrant account before you leave the UK.

Oh I didn't know that. I still have my Commbank account, so shall look into that! 

2 hours ago, Beffers said:

That'll be great if you can fly together ?

You bet it would. Really wouldn't have expected to be able to do so! shes stoked!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Lever40 said:

Oh I didn't know that. I still have my Commbank account, so shall look into that! 

You bet it would. Really wouldn't have expected to be able to do so! shes stoked!

Am sure she's well stoked!! Fab it's come thru so quickly for you both!

Yeah reactivate your CommBank acc online or give their London office a buzz. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Beffers said:

Am sure she's well stoked!! Fab it's come thru so quickly for you both!

Yeah reactivate your CommBank acc online or give their London office a buzz. 

I know, I needa get my Movecube on the road a fair bit quicker than I thought so trying to sort all that out asap, plus everything else i needa sort too

Ive used my account a few times so its open. I've looked into setting it up, seems fairly easy to set up! 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Lever40 said:

I know, I needa get my Movecube on the road a fair bit quicker than I thought so trying to sort all that out asap, plus everything else i needa sort too

I have trouble estimating how big a cube I'm gonna need... did you work it out yourself or did they come in person to have a look and give you an estimate (I think some companies provide that service)?

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Beffers said:

That's very good to know, thanks! We have a joint account in a small bank that seems to only offer regular accounts to citizens/permanent residents, which I find odd ?... another thing I'll  have to investigate!

26 minutes ago, TheWayOfThePony said:

I have trouble estimating how big a cube I'm gonna need... did you work it out yourself or did they come in person to have a look and give you an estimate (I think some companies provide that service)?

I measured it out in a corner and marked the wall out with masking tape, also got cardboard and made up a mock up. 

Na they dont do that, you gotta work it out yourself. Watch the videos on it. they can also up grade the size from a small to medium and a medium to large or downgrade a medium to a small or a large to a medium as far as i know. 

From reading on the movecube thread quite a few laid out their boxes in a corner to see what would fit. I done the same, only thing is mine are odd shaped because i've  a few bikes going into mine... only a few :ph34r:

• Like 1

Ive called Sevenseas 2-3 times requesting a quote from them but i still have no idea on cost!  We are in Cornwall so because its out of the area they needed to get to me........ the wait continues.    Ideally im looking for a large one and a medium to be delivered to Melbourne 

5 minutes ago, LaddermanUS said:

Ive called Sevenseas 2-3 times requesting a quote from them but i still have no idea on cost!  We are in Cornwall so because its out of the area they needed to get to me........ the wait continues.    Ideally im looking for a large one and a medium to be delivered to Melbourne 

Use the move cube website ? https://www.sevenseasworldwide.com/getquote 

its pretty handy!