SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

So any grants recently?  Sounds like it's very quiet.  We applied early November, meds requested early February and we've heard nothing since.  Starting to get a bit panicky.

Same here, applied late Nov and meds requested early Feb. Seems extremely quiet with grants and I'm getting starting to think it might be longer then we hoped!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

It is indeed very quiet.  Makes ya feel jumpy doesn't it - at least when people are getting grants, it's evidence of action lol. Maybe we're just all impatient buggers!!

I didn't apply til early Feb. But police checks n meds requested mid Feb. My med was last Fri and I'm just waiting on AFP to come back.  

I'm in the midst of packing boxes and sorting as we speak. I need to feel as tho I'm doing something helpful!!! 

So contact from a new CO today - my husband is now showing as approved as a Sponsor. Further information requested from me includes medical examination (in spite of prev request and my med was only done last Fri and still waiting for results to be uploaded) and an AFP check for me, even tho I've never lived in Oz. Rang service centre to query. Apparently it's his AFP they're waiting on (applied and have received email to say it's processing).

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Beffers said:

So contact from a new CO today - my husband is now showing as approved as a Sponsor. Further information requested from me includes medical examination (in spite of prev request and my med was only done last Fri and still waiting for results to be uploaded) and an AFP check for me, even tho I've never lived in Oz. Rang service centre to query. Apparently it's his AFP they're waiting on (applied and have received email to say it's processing).

Mine saying Approved too, You'd think that they could see the fact that the Mater have opened your account to add the medical onto? Good news none the less, its going somewhere for you ! 

• Like 1

Just now, Lever40 said:

Mine saying Approved too, You'd think that they could see the fact that the Mater have opened your account to add the medical onto? Good news none the less, its going somewhere for you ! 

I know re Mater. She said the results are sent from med to Aus then to London! I didn't know that. Med is still saying health examinations in progress. Assuming they'll be uploaded soon!! 

Have you heard anything more @Lever40?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Beffers said:

I know re Mater. She said the results are sent from med to Aus then to London! I didn't know that. Med is still saying health examinations in progress. Assuming they'll be uploaded soon!! 

Have you heard anything more @Lever40?

Thats a bit arse about face that! 

Na I haven't, don't think I will until grant or unless they request more information. I'm not expecting the grant until end of July probably August. When you hoping for?

• Like 1

Haven't heard of any forum regulars to have theirs denied that I know off! Why do you ask? Not yours I hope?

No, no news yet. All good :)
Just wondered if it had happened before. I get a bit paranoid waiting, thinking they'd turn us down even though I can't think of a reason to do it [emoji30]

3 minutes ago, EllieJV said:

No, no news yet. All good :)
Just wondered if it had happened before. I get a bit paranoid waiting, thinking they'd turn us down even though I can't think of a reason to do it emoji30.png

They'd only turn it down if they thought it was not a real relationship or on certain character grounds, but if you have the evidence to proof otherwise then there should not be a problem. 

They'd only turn it down if they thought it was not a real relationship or on certain character grounds, but if you have the evidence to proof otherwise then there should not be a problem. 

I think we uploaded more than enough, maybe too much evidence of our relationship. Just a worrier

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EllieJV said:

I think we uploaded more than enough, maybe too much evidence of our relationship. Just a worrier

Not necessarily a bad thing lol ! What are your relationship stats ? 

3 minutes ago, Lever40 said:

Yeah, but dont worry if your not looking to put it up online 

Just wanted to check that's what you were asking before I ramble. 

We met on Facebook 2013 I think, started the relationship June 2014, met in Adelaide on our 1 year anniversary, met in the UK for 2nd anniversary, and he proposed soon after getting home :) 

What about you guys?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, EllieJV said:

Just wanted to check that's what you were asking before I ramble. 

We met on Facebook 2013 I think, started the relationship June 2014, met in Adelaide on our 1 year anniversary, met in the UK for 2nd anniversary, and he proposed soon after getting home :) 

What about you guys?

Met April 2014, Started dating a few months later, I left oz march 2015, Jess came over to NI for 6 Weeks then I went back over for December 15 through to march 16 and again in august and September 16 then Jess came over December 16 to feb 17. Engaged December 16 in dublin. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lever40 said:

Thats a bit arse about face that! 

Na I haven't, don't think I will until grant or unless they request more information. I'm not expecting the grant until end of July probably August. When you hoping for?

Definitely Arse about face!!! 

Im hoping for June but think that's a bit hopeful lol 

14 minutes ago, Beffers said:

Definitely Arse about face!!! 

Im hoping for June but think that's a bit hopeful lol 

Dont know if Aussies would get that saying lol

You never know, some of the partner visas have been very quick! As long as you've something to do to keep occupied it will fly by!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Lever40 said:

Dont know if Aussies would get that saying lol

You never know, some of the partner visas have been very quick! As long as you've something to do to keep occupied it will fly by!

Am packing up a house at the moment, and getting rid of a load of crap lol - definitely busy enough!!!! 

Fingers crossed for all of us!!! Either that, or more wine!!!!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Beffers said:

Am packing up a house at the moment, and getting rid of a load of crap lol - definitely busy enough!!!! 

Fingers crossed for all of us!!! Either that, or more wine!!!!

it doesn't take long to build up a lot of crap! Packing up waiting on the visa or moving elsewhere for now ? 

• Like 1