SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

23 hours ago, Lever40 said:

@Beffers Had my medical on Wednesday, the Mater is pretty easy to find if you know your way around dublin, when you go in hang left, down the corridor until you come to the lifts and up on the 5th floor is the visa centre. I was about an hour early of my 3.15 appointment and they took me at about 20 to 3, was pretty busy, took about 1h15m. They have a little waiting area with coffee etc, you just go from doctor to doctor as they do their bit and then down to the Xray on the bottom floor. Was glad that I got taken early because my train was at 4.50pm and knew it would be tight otherwise. Oh and typical dublin weather it piss all day long and it was baltic! 

Lol re weather? thanks for info. Really helpful!

Oh my goodness, I'm in total shock and so happy! I applied 14th Jan and I just got my grant an hour ago, I was really not expecting it in 2 and a bit months!! I can't really complain at all when so many people are hanging on for months waiting, but it's a 309 I've been granted and I was expecting a 100 as we have 4 children and have been married 11 years so we meet the requirements for waiving the 2 year waiting period. Was I supposed to specifically request going straight to a permanent visa as I assumed they'd just grant it automatically? Maybe it's because the grant was so quick perhaps? Sorry if I sound ungrateful, I don't mean to be, I'm amazed to have a grant so fast.

2 hours ago, FlowerFairy said:

Oh my goodness, I'm in total shock and so happy! I applied 14th Jan and I just got my grant an hour ago, I was really not expecting it in 2 and a bit months!! I can't really complain at all when so many people are hanging on for months waiting, but it's a 309 I've been granted and I was expecting a 100 as we have 4 children and have been married 11 years so we meet the requirements for waiving the 2 year waiting period. Was I supposed to specifically request going straight to a permanent visa as I assumed they'd just grant it automatically? Maybe it's because the grant was so quick perhaps? Sorry if I sound ungrateful, I don't mean to be, I'm amazed to have a grant so fast.

Whoops, I rechecked emails and found I had a second email granting the 100 after all!! So just under 2.5 months for my permanent visa grant, I'm ecstatic!!!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, FlowerFairy said:

Whoops, I rechecked emails and found I had a second email granting the 100 after all!! So just under 2.5 months for my permanent visa grant, I'm ecstatic!!!

Yay!!! Well done, and many congratulations!! Your new life awaits!!! Good luck ? 

6 hours ago, FlowerFairy said:

Wow! Congratulations! Did you front load? Did you have any contact from you CO? Fingers crossed for the rest of us. It's only been a month for us and I'm so impatient!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, FlowerFairy said:

Wow! That's super quick! Huge congrats ?

3 hours ago, Jen56johns said:

Wow! Congratulations! Did you front load? Did you have any contact from you CO? Fingers crossed for the rest of us. It's only been a month for us and I'm so impatient!

Thanks all, I can't quite believe it! I was hoping to get the visa in 6 months and needed it by August so this is totally amazing.

I applied 14th Jan having already sent off for my police check and I had my medical on 4th Feb. On 8th March my CO requested UK and Australian police checks for my husband (sponsor) which I hadn't done yet as I'd forgotten about the rule change in November. Uploaded these on 21st and 23rd March and got the grant today, 27th March!!

Hope you all don't have long to wait either. And thanks to everyone posting on the forum, it was so useful.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, unzippy said:

Good news!

So the Aus police check took 2 weeks from submitting to arriving in the post?

I ask because my wife submitted hers on the 9th March and has yet to receive anything.

Maybe she's naughtier than a thought!

I had mine pretty quick. It was quicker than the uk one and i paid for the faster postage option with the uk one. 

37 minutes ago, unzippy said:

Good news!

I ask because my wife submitted hers on the 9th March and has yet to receive anything.

Thanks for reminding me!! Thats the one thing we've not done yet!!

5 hours ago, unzippy said:

Good news!

Did you get an email to say it was being posted? I got an email a day after I submitted mine to say it had been processed and would be despatched the next working day. It said 10-20 days for international. I submitted on 19th of March so let me know when you get yours - it should be this week with that time frame.

Sorry if this has already been asked and answered on here but I can't find it when I've searched - my husband is my sponsor, will he be required to do an Aussie police check even though he's not lived there for 14 years? Do you have to give address details or do they search for  you via tax file number or something else??

On 28/03/2017 at 11:23 PM, TinaK said:

Sorry if this has already been asked and answered on here but I can't find it when I've searched - my husband is my sponsor, will he be required to do an Aussie police check even though he's not lived there for 14 years? Do you have to give address details or do they search for  you via tax file number or something else??

Yep new rule after Nov 2016. All Aussie sponsors need an AFP check as well. My Hubby hasn't lived in Oz since 1991 but they've advised he needs both UK and Aus ones. 

It's just name, date and place of birth and you need 100 points of ID from their approved list (his passport will be 70 for example) and that's it. Quite straight forward. 

Edited by Beffers

1 hour ago, Jen56johns said:

Anyone know why we're missing posts from yesterday?  They were there last night, but gone this morning...

31 minutes ago, FlowerFairy said:

Yes that's so weird my post about the police checks has disappeared! 

Yeah there was a little 'blip' last night that resulted in 24hours of posts missing! Its mentioned in the Q&A Section 

On 28/03/2017 at 6:52 PM, Jen56johns said:

Did you get an email to say it was being posted? I got an email a day after I submitted mine to say it had been processed and would be despatched the next working day. It said 10-20 days for international. I submitted on 19th of March so let me know when you get yours - it should be this week with that time frame.

Unzippy, I received my AFP clearance today so you might want to chase yours. I think the fact that you haven't received a postage confirmation email means it hasn't been processed yet.

Just had my medical at Mater in Dublin. All very quick. In and out within the hour. Didn't have to strip. Just top off for chest xray. I will know results Wed.  I have an underlying health condition so have to see what they say....

.... As an aside, I got an email today asking for AFP check for hubby.  Just as well I sent off for it on Wed just past!!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Beffers said:

Just had my medical at Mater in Dublin. All very quick. In and out within the hour. Didn't have to strip. Just top off for chest xray. I will know results Wed.  I have an underlying health condition so have to see what they say....

.... As an aside, I got an email today asking for AFP check for hubby.  Just as well I sent off for it on Wed just past!!

And 325 euro later! Mine where uploaded the following Monday after the medical on the Wednesday! Pretty quick I thought 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Lever40 said:

And 325 euro later! Mine where uploaded the following Monday after the medical on the Wednesday! Pretty quick I thought 

Yeah exactly hahaha. Yeah they said results Tues/Wed. I have my fingers crossed I don't get referred!! Still, at least that's it done!! 

1 hour ago, Beffers said:

Yeah exactly hahaha. Yeah they said results Tues/Wed. I have my fingers crossed I don't get referred!! Still, at least that's it done!! 

yeah you'd hope not, you'll know in the next weena days or so. hope my directions where good! :P

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Lever40 said:

yeah you'd hope not, you'll know in the next weena days or so. hope my directions where good! :P

Perfect directions!! I had a nightmare with the Enterprise today due to strikes down south. Got to Connolly 1pm. Appointment was 1.15pm so your directions were a godsend cos I literally jumped out of taxi and legged it to the 5th floor! Thanks! 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Beffers said:

Perfect directions!! I had a nightmare with the Enterprise today due to strikes down south. Got to Connolly 1pm. Appointment was 1.15pm so your directions were a godsend cos I literally jumped out of taxi and legged it to the 5th floor! Thanks! 

Awesome!  Glad it helped! 

• Like 1

On 31/03/2017 at 2:09 PM, Jen56johns said:

Unzippy, I received my AFP clearance today so you might want to chase yours. I think the fact that you haven't received a postage confirmation email means it hasn't been processed yet.

Wife mailed them Fri to enquire.  They replied a day later saying that it was in the system and being processed...