SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

That's worth a look. Thanks Ozzie. Was this on Skyscanner. We live near Manchester which would be easier but if the price is better we will travel to London.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

You'll find the flights on various search engines. I also looked directly on SA. Lon via Singapore then onto Australia after roughly 2 hr layover

not sure if fares are still low, I looked this afternoon

For anyone looking to fly out of London around end of August, I spied very cheap one way fares to a few Australian cities flying with Singapore Airlines (via Singapore). Around the £300 mark. May have risen since I noted the flights this afternoon carrying out research. Just thought I would mention in case of interest.

Just done a search and got 363 from London to Melbourne on the 27th aug, It would be worth booking at that sort of price!!

Thats Awesome! Whats your full timeline stats?

Hi Lever40

I submitted my application through ImmiAccount on 8th Sept.

Front loaded Medical and Police check

Medical carried out in Spire Hartswood on 17th Dec

Police clearance uploaded 27th Dec.

Spouse / Partner Visa (100) granted 7th March 2017

For anyone looking to fly out of London around end of August, I spied very cheap one way fares to a few Australian cities flying with Singapore Airlines (via Singapore). Around the £300 mark. May have risen since I noted the flights this afternoon carrying out research. Just thought I would mention in case of interest.

Just checked it and got flights from Manchester to Brisbane for £1400 one way. And that's for 2 adults 1 teen and 1 child.

Hello new to the thread!

My husband submitted late Nov 2016, received C/O on 13th Feb and submitted medical and background check 6th March.

Our visa agent told us there's been some delays at the embassy but hoping we'll have the visa by end May.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Happy days! Nice to know things are moving along!

Hi Folks

Whoop Hoo it's finally through Visa finally granted today 1 day short of 6 months.

Such a relief.

Might even get over before April.

Any jobs going In Adelaide. LOL

Well done! That's brilliant news! I bet you can't wait to see your kids (and the mrs of course lol).

I contacted that shipping company you recommended by the way, and we have them booked now, so thanks for that!

Hi Lever40

I submitted my application through ImmiAccount on 8th Sept.

Front loaded Medical and Police check

Medical carried out in Spire Hartswood on 17th Dec

Police clearance uploaded 27th Dec.

Spouse / Partner Visa (100) granted 7th March 2017

A decent timeline, and the normal 5/6 months. When do you plan on going ? Before the summer? I heard its on tuesday this year in NI :P

Just done a search and got 363 from London to Melbourne on the 27th aug, It would be worth booking at that sort of price!!

Definitely a great deal.

Just checked it and got flights from Manchester to Brisbane for £1400 one way. And that's for 2 adults 1 teen and 1 child.

Did you look from London one way around the dates I have given? You might find even with the added cost of going to London that it makes it much cheaper for you. We were looking around the 29th or 30th of August and found flights for all three of us (two adults one child) for just over £900

Hi Folks

Whoop Hoo it's finally through Visa finally granted today 1 day short of 6 months.

Such a relief.

Might even get over before April.

Any jobs going In Adelaide. LOL

excellent !! That is brilliant to hear

Regarding jobs in Adelaide, try and do as much pre-contact as you can before you arrive. Have a look at all the companies who are advertising jobs in your field on seek.com.au plus also google all the employment agencies. Nothing saying you can't contact prior to arriving and at least then they can see your CV and have you in mind - even if it was for a part-time job first just going to get your name out there

It definitely feels like they are powering through the applications now - great news! I haven't had a chance to post until today but I was contacted by a CO on Monday too to request further documents (evidence of previous travel/visas to Australia, statement from my husband that he hasn't got Italian citizenship through his Mother and some other really random bits) and I only submitted my application on 5th February so they definitely seem to be throwing resource at this. Haven't been asked for the medical or police checks yet but as I was given 7 days to provide the info they'd asked for, I'd hope that that request soon follows once I've submitted everything. Fingers are crossed.

It definitely feels like they are powering through the applications now - great news! I haven't had a chance to post until today but I was contacted by a CO on Monday too to request further documents (evidence of previous travel/visas to Australia, statement from my husband that he hasn't got Italian citizenship through his Mother and some other really random bits) and I only submitted my application on 5th February so they definitely seem to be throwing resource at this. Haven't been asked for the medical or police checks yet but as I was given 7 days to provide the info they'd asked for, I'd hope that that request soon follows once I've submitted everything. Fingers are crossed.

Is your husband the sponsor or the applicant, and why were they interested in Italian citizenship?

Yes we applied early February and were contacted very early as well!!

Edited by Beffers

Is your husband the sponsor or the applicant, and why were they interested in Italian citizenship?

He's the sponsor. No idea why they wanted to know that, they mentioned that his mother was born in Italy which is true but she's been in Australia for 60 years! I don't know what difference it would make anyway if he had dual citizenship, which he doesn't. They asked for some other quite random stuff too.

Quick question - when you provided witness statements in your applications so written statements from non- Australians (so not on Form 888) who did you get to certify them? Did you use one from the list of occupations that are provided for witnesses required for Form 888?

Quick question - when you provided witness statements in your applications so written statements from non- Australians (so not on Form 888) who did you get to certify them? Did you use one from the list of occupations that are provided for witnesses required for Form 888?

Hi, I only asked about Italian citizenship as my husband, also the sponsor, has Italian citizenship by descent (as his father was Australian but was in Australia from '47), altho they've not asked us that yet! We did state on our form that Tony was dual national though, although they've not queried it, although perhaps because we put it on the form quite distinctly and included a copy of his Italian passport as well.

Form 888 - only the Australian ones were certified. The UK ones were on the same form but they were not certified, as I had rung through to check what I needed to do!

Hi, I only asked about Italian citizenship as my husband, also the sponsor, has Italian citizenship by descent (as his father was Australian but was in Australia from '47), altho they've not asked us that yet! We did state on our form that Tony was dual national though, although they've not queried it, although perhaps because we put it on the form quite distinctly and included a copy of his Italian passport as well.

Form 888 - only the Australian ones were certified. The UK ones were on the same form but they were not certified, as I had rung through to check what I needed to do!

Ah i see, interesting... Yeah as you stated it and provided a copy of the passport that would answer their question upfront. Just shows how thorough they are though, I wouldn't have thought they would even think to ask us for that.

Interesting about the certified copies too. I didn't get mine certified as I didn't think it was required but I just re-read the guidance notes for completing the partner application form and it states that they should be. Good to know you asked the question though and were told not to, I will stop stressing. I guess they will come back and asked them to be certified if they to be! Thank you :-)

Ah i see, interesting... Yeah as you stated it and provided a copy of the passport that would answer their question upfront. Just shows how thorough they are though, I wouldn't have thought they would even think to ask us for that.

Interesting about the certified copies too. I didn't get mine certified as I didn't think it was required but I just re-read the guidance notes for completing the partner application form and it states that they should be. Good to know you asked the question though and were told not to, I will stop stressing. I guess they will come back and asked them to be certified if they to be! Thank you :-)

This forum is a godsend for learning from others' experience! They were quite adamant not to get anything certified apart from Aussie ones! I just used their form as it was the lazy option haha.

I've my medical booked for 31st March in Dublin (I live in NI, altho from Kent originally) and have sent off for the police checks this week - they don't take long apparently.

Where you heading in Oz? We are for Victoria :)

This forum is a godsend for learning from others' experience! They were quite adamant not to get anything certified apart from Aussie ones! I just used their form as it was the lazy option haha.

I've my medical booked for 31st March in Dublin (I live in NI, altho from Kent originally) and have sent off for the police checks this week - they don't take long apparently.

Where you heading in Oz? We are for Victoria :)

It really is isn't it! I think it has saved me from a few sleepless nights! I still haven't been asked for my medicals or police checks yet but I'm hoping now I've submitted the info they've asked for, they'll ask me to get them done. My application now states being that assessment is in progress so I'm hoping it will all be sorted before we're due to fly in early July. If I can avoid having to apply for a tourist visa and do the whole exist Australia to get the partner visa granted, I'll be a happy woman! I'm from Kent originally too - whereabouts were you before you moved to NI?

We're heading to Victoria too, my husbands family are all in and around Melbourne so we're heading there. How about you guys?