SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Hi everyone, first time post for me having only just discovered this site. I'm way behind all of you having only submitted my partner application on 5 Feb 2017. I've been with my Aussie husband 9 years, married 6 and we have two young children who have dual British/Australian citizenship and Aussie passports. Apologies in advance for the lengthy post but it would be great to get your advice...

My husband has a job starting in Australia in July and going by the most recent update to processing times I think there is little to no chance of my visa being granted before he is due to go. Our plan was to all head over together so that we can sort out the logistics of tying up our lives here in the UK and so that we can get the kids into school at the right time there. However with the processing times now being advertised as being 9 months this won't be possible unless we find a workaround. To that end does anyone have any knowledge of the e600 visitor visa and whether this would enable me to travel to Australia with my husband and kids whilst waiting for my partner visa to be processed? I figure I might need this visa as they can be granted for longer than 3 months. I understand that you have to leave Australia in order for the partner visa to be granted however is anyone aware whether my partner visa would be adversely impacted if I were to apply for the e600? Are there any other considerations I should take into account before pursuing this option? Would I even be granted a e600 with another application pending?

Any advice or insights would be gratefully received! Many thanks.

Hi everyone, first time post for me having only just discovered this site. I'm way behind all of you having only submitted my partner application on 5 Feb 2017. I've been with my Aussie husband 9 years, married 6 and we have two young children who have dual British/Australian citizenship and Aussie passports. Apologies in advance for the lengthy post but it would be great to get your advice...

My husband has a job starting in Australia in July and going by the most recent update to processing times I think there is little to no chance of my visa being granted before he is due to go. Our plan was to all head over together so that we can sort out the logistics of tying up our lives here in the UK and so that we can get the kids into school at the right time there. However with the processing times now being advertised as being 9 months this won't be possible unless we find a workaround. To that end does anyone have any knowledge of the e600 visitor visa and whether this would enable me to travel to Australia with my husband and kids whilst waiting for my partner visa to be processed? I figure I might need this visa as they can be granted for longer than 3 months. I understand that you have to leave Australia in order for the partner visa to be granted however is anyone aware whether my partner visa would be adversely impacted if I were to apply for the e600? Are there any other considerations I should take into account before pursuing this option? Would I even be granted a e600 with another application pending?

Hi ya Tina, have you told this situation in your application.

I'm not sure what happens with the e600 visa.

Maybe it's best to speak with them and ask advise.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Thanks Jacqui - I'm not sure how I would tell them about the situation within my application? Also not sure if that would make a difference? I might try and give them a call tomorrow to see what they advise but just noticed on the Australian High Commission UK website that they're saying 10-14 months for partner migration applications now... :-(

Hi Tina

First up, this site is a godsend in chatting to others who are going through the partner visa process.

I've spoken to Service Centre about e600 as we are planning to travel to Oz, and arrive on 16th June. The lady on the phone told me that I needed to let them know that was our intention as my Visa could be granted anytime from May onwards. She also advised that I could either travel on an ETA and apply for the e600 onshore (recommended) or I could apply for an e600 this end, but I'd need to let them know so that it doesn't affect partner application. The one other thing she said to me was that if I was to enter Australia on any temporary tourist visa, that I would definitely need to have a return/onward flight to get through Immigration on arrival.

Whilst processing times are listed as 9 months, there have been cases recently going through in 3-5 months, and there's no rhyme or reason why some are being granted quicker than others, so it seems. You'll start to realise that when you hear everyone's story!

Your situation is close to mine, we applied 3rd February 2017. We've been married 11 years, together 14 years and have one daughter, who's Aussie citizen.

B

Thanks for all the congratulations and kind wishes.

I hope that your grants come as soon as possible. Nothing makes the wait easier other than knowing everyone is in the same boat. This and another forum have helped me stay sane.

Awesome news!!

we received our grant today also!! Straight to permanent!

Heres hoping for others too.

It seems the person on the other forum was right!

That's brill OZZIE. Did you apply around the same time as my husband?

I think a little later? 28 Oct so 4 months exactly. We went ahead with police and medical in Jan.

I think a little later? 28 Oct so 4 months exactly. We went ahead with police and medical in Jan.

Ahh. I could kick my other half for not going for his medical and police check. We still haven't heard anything .

Congrats. Get the bubbles open.

I really my hope we have contact soon.

Ahh. I could kick my other half for not going for his medical and police check. We still haven't heard anything .

Congrats. Get the bubbles open.

I really my hope we have contact soon.

I am sure you will get contact soon, maybe even this week! It will be really quick after that :-)

I just had a funny feeling this is going to be a good week for lots of us :-)

I hope your right Ozzie. This stress is making me ill. It's all I'm thinking about.

Even of we have contact my husband still has his medical and police check.

How long does the police check take to come back?