SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

We supplied 3 and have another 2 to upload shortly. Don't know if it makes much difference as we had enough evidence to prove joint living/finances since Sep 2004 when we moved in together, and then we got married in Oz in 2006. Think Nemesis above is right though - they are to prove the social side of your relationship is genuine.

Actually don't know if it makes much difference what you upload, as there seems to be no rhyme or reason for how they work anyway!!!

How do I get the following information to come up automatically at bottom of post?

309/100 visa application submitted 03.02.2017 - Meds & Police Checks requested 10.02.2017 (with 8 week deadline) - Medical booked for 31.03.2017;

Edited by Beffers

We supplied 3 and have another 2 to upload shortly. Don't know if it makes much difference as we had enough evidence to prove joint living/finances since Sep 2004 when we moved in together, and then we got married in Oz in 2006. Think Nemesis above is right though - they are to prove the social side of your relationship is genuine.

Actually don't know if it makes much difference what you upload, as there seems to be no rhyme or reason for how they work anyway!!!

How do I get the following information to come up automatically at bottom of post?

309/100 visa application submitted 03.02.2017 - Meds & Police Checks requested 10.02.2017 (with 8 week deadline) - Medical booked for 31.03.2017;

If you log in, go to 'Settings' (top right in black banner), then 'My Settings'/'Edit Signature' you can pop your details in there :)

Hi all,

I was just on our immi account and want to know if everyone else has this message

[h=3]View application status

[/h]app?cacheKey=e14446fb&wc_static=%2fimages%2fsmall%2fImportantInfo16.png

Important information

This application will be eligible for consideration for permanent residence 2 years from lodgement (commencement date).

This application has been received by the department and has been placed in a queue. Partner category visa applications are processed in the order of the date on which the application was received (lodgement date). Individual processing times will vary depending on a range of factors.

When they say placed in a queue, do they mean in date order?:rolleyes:

It maybe placed in a queue but I suspect they must shuffle that queue like a deck of cards every once in a while.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Does yours day this Jonleahy? This has said this from the date of lodgement. We do have a C/O so know it's being looked at.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

6 working days before I fly. Would love for my visa in that time. 5 months, 20 days.

Hi cannonhillchris!! I pop onto this forum sporadically from time to time! Same as you I was so anxious waiting for my visa to come through once I had submitted it! Fortunately I'm with my boyfriend in the uk so I don't feel your pain of missing anyone! Unfortunately I am one of those annoying applicants that got granted within 3 and half months last year, and we are moving in 12 days time to start our new life in oz!

once my granted application came through I didn't believe it so I phoned the commission to see if it was legitimate I was actually granted a visa! On the phone I got through to a lovely lady who explained to me that it was all processed so quickly as i had served with the British armed forces and therefore already had extensive checks had me done on me to actually serve so they took that into account. Her conclusion to me was because I had been DV cleared it sped up the process quite rapidly!! Even though I left three years previous it still counted! So I am presuming this would be the same for police and government workers etc!

I have all my hopes for you that your visa will be granted soon and wishing you a smooth transition to oz!!

Anna x

Hi cannonhillchris!! I pop onto this forum sporadically from time to time! Same as you I was so anxious waiting for my visa to come through once I had submitted it! Fortunately I'm with my boyfriend in the uk so I don't feel your pain of missing anyone! Unfortunately I am one of those annoying applicants that got granted within 3 and half months last year, and we are moving in 12 days time to start our new life in oz!

once my granted application came through I didn't believe it so I phoned the commission to see if it was legitimate I was actually granted a visa! On the phone I got through to a lovely lady who explained to me that it was all processed so quickly as i had served with the British armed forces and therefore already had extensive checks had me done on me to actually serve so they took that into account. Her conclusion to me was because I had been DV cleared it sped up the process quite rapidly!! Even though I left three years previous it still counted! So I am presuming this would be the same for police and government workers etc!

I have all my hopes for you that your visa will be granted soon and wishing you a smooth transition to oz!!

Anna x

Hi Anna,

That's really great news you got your visa in 3 months and they said it was because of the British Army. My husband applied on the 18th Oct so we are just over 4 months, he is a serving police officer at the moment and would probably be the same as you with all the checks. But we have heard nothing. They haven't asked for medical or police check yet.

Did you have to provide a police check

Hi all,

I was just on our immi account and want to know if everyone else has this message

[h=3]View application status

[/h]app?cacheKey=e14446fb&wc_static=%2fimages%2fsmall%2fImportantInfo16.png

Important information

This application will be eligible for consideration for permanent residence 2 years from lodgement (commencement date).

This application has been received by the department and has been placed in a queue. Partner category visa applications are processed in the order of the date on which the application was received (lodgement date). Individual processing times will vary depending on a range of factors.

When they say placed in a queue, do they mean in date order?:rolleyes:

Can't see the images but that message has been there as long as I can remember.

Hi Anna,

That's really great news you got your visa in 3 months and they said it was because of the British Army. My husband applied on the 18th Oct so we are just over 4 months, he is a serving police officer at the moment and would probably be the same as you with all the checks. But we have heard nothing. They haven't asked for medical or police check yet.

Did you have to provide a police check

Hi Hun!! Yes I provided police checks when they asked for them, I thought the process would of been slower as I had to get them from Cyprus and Australia as I have previously lived in each place for longer than 12 months! I would of thought your husband would also be in this bracket of been DV cleared for his job! Does he have a notice to serve before you move?

Really hope you have some news soon, hooefully once you get a notification to do medical and police checks it will be granted soon for you! Good luck with everything!! Xx

Hi Hun!! Yes I provided police checks when they asked for them, I thought the process would of been slower as I had to get them from Cyprus and Australia as I have previously lived in each place for longer than 12 months! I would of thought your husband would also be in this bracket of been DV cleared for his job! Does he have a notice to serve before you move?

Really hope you have some news soon, hooefully once you get a notification to do medical and police checks it will be granted soon for you! Good luck with everything!! Xx

When you say Dv what do you mean?

We are waiting for the C/O to request medical and police check, thought we would have heard by now. He has to give 1 month notice to leave.

I'm sure he went through all the vetting process when he starts many years ago.

Maybe we should call to see.

When you say Dv what do you mean?

We are waiting for the C/O to request medical and police check, thought we would have heard by now. He has to give 1 month notice to leave.

I'm sure he went through all the vetting process when he starts many years ago.

Maybe we should call to see.

when I joined the Royal Navy I automatically got SC clearance which was clearance to see secret material, but when I got deployed to the gulf in 2007 I had to be DV cleared (developed vetting) which I was then allowed to see up to top secret and black marked material.

Like I say I was so surpirised they took this into account as I left after only doing 7 years! I would certainly ring up and ask, hopefully you get the lovely lady that I had on the phone that I had! No harm in asking questions! At least his notice is nice and reasonable I had to do a year! Do you have any idea on time frames when you would like to move? Has hubby looked into transferring to Australian force? Xx

when I joined the Royal Navy I automatically got SC clearance which was clearance to see secret material, but when I got deployed to the gulf in 2007 I had to be DV cleared (developed vetting) which I was then allowed to see up to top secret and black marked material.

Like I say I was so surpirised they took this into account as I left after only doing 7 years! I would certainly ring up and ask, hopefully you get the lovely lady that I had on the phone that I had! No harm in asking questions! At least his notice is nice and reasonable I had to do a year! Do you have any idea on time frames when you would like to move? Has hubby looked into transferring to Australian force? Xx

I will definitely phone them as he has had vetting done when he joined. Maybe it's just a back log. We want to be leaving here at the end of August as we don't want to put the kids back in school in September.

He has had enough tbh and wants a change. He did look into it but he would need to start from scratch again and they won't except his rank, plus we are going to QLD and he could be placed anywhere so not good when we need to settle the kids.

He will get a job no problem with his qualifications.

Good luck with the move x

Anna x

Thanks, DV clearance makes sense.

I had hoped being a solicitor, with enhanced DBS and being on the public roll would help with the good character part... but then again, maybe not.