SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Hi cannonhillchris!! I pop onto this forum sporadically from time to time! Same as you I was so anxious waiting for my visa to come through once I had submitted it! Fortunately I'm with my boyfriend in the uk so I don't feel your pain of missing anyone! Unfortunately I am one of those annoying applicants that got granted within 3 and half months last year, and we are moving in 12 days time to start our new life in oz!

once my granted application came through I didn't believe it so I phoned the commission to see if it was legitimate I was actually granted a visa! On the phone I got through to a lovely lady who explained to me that it was all processed so quickly as i had served with the British armed forces and therefore already had extensive checks had me done on me to actually serve so they took that into account. Her conclusion to me was because I had been DV cleared it sped up the process quite rapidly!! Even though I left three years previous it still counted! So I am presuming this would be the same for police and government workers etc!

I have all my hopes for you that your visa will be granted soon and wishing you a smooth transition to oz!!

Anna x

Now that is really interesting. I had been following this site off and on for a while and had assumed that our application wouldn't be looked at for months, but we were contacted within a week and asked to arrange medicals and police checks (and were given 8 weeks to get them done). I wondered why we were contacted so quickly, but I have senior level clearance with the UK government, and have undergone a number of checks in the last eight years during my employment with them, including one very in depth clearance where I had to declare all my family's details, fiscal clearances, and all that kind of thing. Now hearing you say that, it does make me think that perhaps that this may actually hold some truth!

Now that is really interesting. I had been following this site off and on for a while and had assumed that our application wouldn't be looked at for months, but we were contacted within a week and asked to arrange medicals and police checks (and were given 8 weeks to get them done). I wondered why we were contacted so quickly, but I have senior level clearance with the UK government, and have undergone a number of checks in the last eight years during my employment with them, including one very in depth clearance where I had to declare all my family's details, fiscal clearances, and all that kind of thing. Now hearing you say that, it does make me think that perhaps that this may actually hold some truth!

Here's hoping for a quick grant for you. I don't understand my husband having no contact at 4 months plus and he has had all these checks.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Hi beffers!!

same situation as I was in! I remember filling out the form for DV clearance before I got deployed... it took me three months!! They wanted to know how much family earned, my family tree for 5 generations and had to be interviewed!! I was contacted very soon once we had submitted but I still thought it would take a long time!! When are you hoping to move Hun? part of me thinks that the lady on the phone shouldn't of shared so much information with me, but she was so lovely! Good luck lovely xx

Hi beffers!!

same situation as I was in! I remember filling out the form for DV clearance before I got deployed... it took me three months!! They wanted to know how much family earned, my family tree for 5 generations and had to be interviewed!! I was contacted very soon once we had submitted but I still thought it would take a long time!! When are you hoping to move Hun? part of me thinks that the lady on the phone shouldn't of shared so much information with me, but she was so lovely! Good luck lovely xx

Very interesting! Am so glad you shared that information. Explains the contact within a week of submitting. Haha re the family tree. Remember that now and had forgotten about that!!

We are hoping to travel mid June, even if I have to go on an e600 tourist visa - which is what service center said I could do and wait it out. They did seem confident that I'd have my grant by then cos they asked me to keep in regular contact with them as we firmed up our plans. I'm also interviewing for jobs at moment and likewise, they said if I get a job offer that I should let them know as new employer can request my case be fasttracked to save employer going down the 457 route. So all very interesting!

Thanks very much xx

Very interesting! Am so glad you shared that information. Explains the contact within a week of submitting. Haha re the family tree. Remember that now and had forgotten about that!!

We are hoping to travel mid June, even if I have to go on an e600 tourist visa - which is what service center said I could do and wait it out. They did seem confident that I'd have my grant by then cos they asked me to keep in regular contact with them as we firmed up our plans. I'm also interviewing for jobs at moment and likewise, they said if I get a job offer that I should let them know as new employer can request my case be fasttracked to save employer going down the 457 route. So all very interesting!

Thanks very much xx

Hi Beffers. When you say you have told them you have firmed up plans. And you are applying and interviewing for jobs. My husband is also applying for jobs, do we need to let them know this and also of our timescale.

Hi Beffers. When you say you have told them you have firmed up plans. And you are applying and interviewing for jobs. My husband is also applying for jobs, do we need to let them know this and also of our timescale.

Hi Jacqui,

Yeah when I spoke to the service centre when I got the email to set up my medical etc., I asked them about procedure if I wanted to travel to Australia in May/June. She said that because my medical would be done by mid April latest, that there was strong possibility that we get our grant in May time, and she told me to update them on our travel plans, as in when we book our flights, to let them have a copy of our itinerary and proposed plans, so they are kept in the loop.

I don't know about telling them about jobs - I actually asked her about jobs, as I had just started the process of putting feelers out with contacts and she said that most employers will ask you if you have working rights, or check on VEVO to see if you're registered. She said depending on the level of their VEVO access, some employers would just see No working rights (as VEVO is updated once the grant happens), or some may see that you have a Visa application pending. She also recommended that I put a copy of my IMMI letter in to all my job application packs under 'additional documents' so the potential employers are aware that there is a visa application outstanding, so that's what I've been doing.

Also as an aside, I heard from one of my 888 stat decs people that they had been contacted by DIBP yesterday.

B xx

Edited by Beffers

Hi Jacqui,

Yeah when I spoke to the service centre when I got the email to set up my medical etc., I asked them about procedure if I wanted to travel to Australia in May/June. She said that because my medical would be done by mid April latest, that there was strong possibility that we get our grant in May time, and she told me to update them on our travel plans, as in when we book our flights, to let them have a copy of our itinerary and proposed plans, so they are kept in the loop.

I don't know about telling them about jobs - I actually asked her about jobs, as I had just started the process of putting feelers out with contacts and she said that most employers will ask you if you have working rights, or check on VEVO to see if you're registered. She said depending on the level of their VEVO access, some employers would just see No working rights (as VEVO is updated once the grant happens), or some may see that you have a Visa application pending. She also recommended that I put a copy of my IMMI letter in to all my job application packs under 'additional documents' so the potential employers are aware that there is a visa application outstanding, so that's what I've been doing.

Also as an aside, I heard from one of my 888 stat decs people that they had been contacted by DIBP yesterday.

B xx

Hi Beffers,

Thanks for the info, it's really interesting, me and my husband are quite baffled as he has gone through these checks when he joined nearly 13 years ago.

We are going to call the Europe centre and just double check things.

Did he have to provide all the family's financial earning information, and five generations of family tree and all that kind of thing? I only did mine 3 years ago or so, and so perhaps as his checks were over 10 years ago, they can't use them? I know the ex armed forces lady on here said her checks had been done within prior 3-4 years?

I don't know, I really don't understand how they work and after reading this forum, I've kind of given up trying!! It looks as tho most married couples are getting their grant at the 5-6 month mark, and very soon after being asked for their meds, etc as in within the following week. You'll prob do your meds and then have your grant by the end of that week or something similar!

Good luck!

B x

Hi Beffers,

Thanks for the info, it's really interesting, me and my husband are quite baffled as he has gone through these checks when he joined nearly 13 years ago.

Hi Beffers,

Have you thought about getting the medical and PC done now, before you have request. It could trigger them to get cracking on the application? This is pretty much what happened with us. We booked medical, the day after it was done the CO contacted us to get the PC and an additional document..

Have you thought about getting the medical and PC done now, before you have request. It could trigger them to get cracking on the application? This is pretty much what happened with us. We booked medical, the day after it was done the CO contacted us to get the PC and an additional document..

I want to, but he wants to wait for contact. It's stressing me out atm, there is so much to do before we leave. We shall see what they say when we call. It's seems you always get the same answer when you call though. As they are just call handlers.

I want to, but he wants to wait for contact. It's stressing me out atm, there is so much to do before we leave. We shall see what they say when we call. It's seems you always get the same answer when you call though. As they are just call handlers.

Very true - We got told - there isnt any reason you can't go ahead with the medical before contact, however to be aware they have validity dates. My hubby just went with what i suggested, but i was holding my breathe that we were doing the right thing - turned out it was! :-)

Very true - We got told - there isnt any reason you can't go ahead with the medical before contact, however to be aware they have validity dates. My hubby just went with what i suggested, but i was holding my breathe that we were doing the right thing - turned out it was! :-)

Wish my Hubby was like that. We are 4 months in now so to have medical and check done would still last him for the 10/14 months time frame. X

Well that was a waste of time. The Europe centre said the same, we have been assigned a C/O and they are assessing the application, no other info is required at this time and they will be in contact soon but can't tell me when to do medical and police check. I don't know weather to take this as a good thing or a bad thing.

I mentioned the DV vetting and she said the C/O knows all this.

I asked where they were up to with grants and she said the time scale is 10/14 months, she was giving nothing away.

She also said he could apply for jobs but would need to tell them that the visa is not yet granted .

So in a nutshell no further on.

Well that was a waste of time. The Europe centre said the same, we have been assigned a C/O and they are assessing the application, no other info is required at this time and they will be in contact soon but can't tell me when to do medical and police check. I don't know weather to take this as a good thing or a bad thing.

I mentioned the DV vetting and she said the C/O knows all this.

I asked where they were up to with grants and she said the time scale is 10/14 months, she was giving nothing away.

She also said he could apply for jobs but would need to tell them that the visa is not yet granted .

So in a nutshell no further on.

ARGH! Frustrating. You need to convince hubby to just go for it! :-)

Hi!! If you are interested in government jobs within Queensland Corrective Servuces (similar to our prison service) $250 million dollars has just been invested into an employment drive, creating hundreds of new jobs! And it's the first time ever that you don't need a degree to apply (not sure if you have one) the information I have been sent by them states that will recruiting at the beginning of April! My contact there is very keen to get me working ASAP, but I have decided to extend my maternity leave with my two year old so I can ensure her first year there is nice and settled (plus I want another baby before I'm 30, I'm so broody!)

not sure if you were looking at Queensland or jobs in that area, but it's always nice to have help and ideas when we're all in this together xx