SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

3 minutes ago, Lever40 said:

it doesn't take long to build up a lot of crap! Packing up waiting on the visa or moving elsewhere for now ? 

Well getting rid of crap that should've been sorted years ago!!! 

Packing up waiting on visa - then when it's granted, we can move quickly! 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Beffers said:

Well getting rid of crap that should've been sorted years ago!!! 

Packing up waiting on visa - then when it's granted, we can move quickly! 

Good idea. Ive no idea what to bring and what not too, atleast if you have it there you can get rid of it but if you havent got it and need it thats a different story but still early days for me I suppose. Where you living atm? 

22 minutes ago, Lever40 said:

Good idea. Ive no idea what to bring and what not too, atleast if you have it there you can get rid of it but if you havent got it and need it thats a different story but still early days for me I suppose. Where you living atm? 

I'm just outside Lisburn. Sold our house in Belfast last year, and currently in a rental. We didn't know whether to go for Oz or not, but thought we may as well give it a shot!! 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Beffers said:

I'm just outside Lisburn. Sold our house in Belfast last year, and currently in a rental. We didn't know whether to go for Oz or not, but thought we may as well give it a shot!! 

Lisburn isn't a bad spot, Used to curt a farmers daughter from there! 

Aww you might as well, Id recommend it to anyone. Where you planning on going to? 

• Like 1

Applied 3rd Jan, just got our first contact from a case officer asking for Police Checks but also more info on our ongoing relationship.
Not particularly helpful as they've just listed all the criteria again, so just going to bung up a load more wedding photos and a couple of new mortgage statements and go from there.

• Like 1

On 01/04/2017 at 5:57 AM, Beffers said:

Yeah exactly hahaha. Yeah they said results Tues/Wed. I have my fingers crossed I don't get referred!! Still, at least that's it done!! 

The doctors have no say in if it gets referred or not. They just do the medical and that's it. If you do get referred it may just be a formality and nothing to fret over. Lots of things can trigger a referral. Did you declare the medical condition? 

5 hours ago, snifter said:

The doctors have no say in if it gets referred or not. They just do the medical and that's it. If you do get referred it may just be a formality and nothing to fret over. Lots of things can trigger a referral. Did you declare the medical condition? 

Yes I did declare it on emedical at point of application, and also it was discussed with the panel doctor during my medical.  He said it was up to DIBP whether I get passed or they need further information. I'm not fretting...  Yet!!! 

Edited by Beffers

9 hours ago, Lever40 said:

Lisburn isn't a bad spot, Used to curt a farmers daughter from there! 

Aww you might as well, Id recommend it to anyone. Where you planning on going to? 

Hahaha have I dragged up some memories?! ?  I'm to the west of Lisburn. Near the Lough. I like it. I've been in NI for 14 years, a change is long overdue!! 

Melbourne is our destination! 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MTut said:

Applied 3rd Jan, just got our first contact from a case officer asking for Police Checks but also more info on our ongoing relationship.
Not particularly helpful as they've just listed all the criteria again, so just going to bung up a load more wedding photos and a couple of new mortgage statements and go from there.

You think they'd tell you which bit they want more evidence for!!!! 

1 hour ago, Beffers said:

Hahaha have I dragged up some memories?! ?  I'm to the west of Lisburn. Near the Lough. I like it. I've been in NI for 14 years, a change is long overdue!! 

Melbourne is our destination! 

Haha Something like that! Big farming contractors from drumboe. 

You been to Melbourne? I love it, we're going to the eastern suburbs. I've been to Brisbane, Sydney,Adelaide, Hobart and Launceston, Melbourne still my favourite!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MTut said:

What visa are you applying for and what have you already submitted as supporting evidence? You need to ensure what you submit now will suffice and a heap of wedding pics and a couple of mortgage statements might not be what they are after. 

11 minutes ago, Lever40 said:

Haha Something like that! Big farming contractors from drumboe. 

You been to Melbourne? I love it, we're going to the eastern suburbs. I've been to Brisbane, Sydney,Adelaide, Hobart and Launceston, Melbourne still my favourite!

Lol ? 

Yeah part of our honeymoon was spent in Melbourne. It was my 2nd favourite city out of the ones I visited!! Darwin was my favourite by a long shot, as I love the Australian bush, and Kakadu hit the spot for me. But that's not really practical for us so Melbourne it was. We are looking at the Dandenong region. But also viewing schools in Seaford and Rosebud on the coast - Just to make sure!!  My other half is from Sydney, but I don't want to go there lol.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Beffers said:

Lol ? 

Yeah part of our honeymoon was spent in Melbourne. It was my 2nd favourite city out of the ones I visited!! Darwin was my favourite by a long shot, as I love the Australian bush, and Kakadu hit the spot for me. But that's not really practical for us so Melbourne it was. We are looking at the Dandenong region. But also viewing schools in Seaford and Rosebud on the coast - Just to make sure!!  My other half is from Sydney, but I don't want to go there lol.

The Dandenong area is nice! Thats where my other half is from and where we will settle for the first year or two. Any particular suburbs ? I liked Sydney to visit etc but not to live I dont think 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Lever40 said:

The Dandenong area is nice! Thats where my other half is from and where we will settle for the first year or two. Any particular suburbs ? I liked Sydney to visit etc but not to live I dont think 

Exactly re Sydney!! I really enjoyed it but just couldn't see myself living there!! 

I'm hoping around Upwey/Ferntree Gully, but we've a few schools to look at and I think that will guide us somewhat! 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, snifter said:

What visa are you applying for and what have you already submitted as supporting evidence? You need to ensure what you submit now will suffice and a heap of wedding pics and a couple of mortgage statements might not be what they are after. 

Partner Visa.

We've been together just under 3 years, lived together 2,, so i've uploaded:

Marriage Certs

3 different joint bank statements

joint mortgage statement

2x statements from Aus nationals

A few 'Thank you for attending our wedding' letters from other weddings we've been to.

Travel tickets

Plus the usual ID and stuff.

So, I'm going to add in some jointly utility bills, a copy of my tennis clubs membership list showing us both as members for social, a collection of wedding photos (to show it wasn't in a Wed-U-Qwik wedding chapel) and anything else I can find.

If anyone's got any other ideas, let me know but obviously when you've been together a relatively short time and are reaosnably independent people, other than getting married, buying a house and sharing the bills, there's not a lot you can do!

I'm not that worried but don't want to inundate them with frivalous stuff unless that's the way to go.

39 minutes ago, MTut said:

Partner Visa.

We've been together just under 3 years, lived together 2,, so i've uploaded:

Marriage Certs

3 different joint bank statements

joint mortgage statement

2x statements from Aus nationals

A few 'Thank you for attending our wedding' letters from other weddings we've been to.

Travel tickets

Plus the usual ID and stuff.

So, I'm going to add in some jointly utility bills, a copy of my tennis clubs membership list showing us both as members for social, a collection of wedding photos (to show it wasn't in a Wed-U-Qwik wedding chapel) and anything else I can find.

If anyone's got any other ideas, let me know but obviously when you've been together a relatively short time and are reaosnably independent people, other than getting married, buying a house and sharing the bills, there's not a lot you can do!

I'm not that worried but don't want to inundate them with frivalous stuff unless that's the way to go.

That doesn't sound much to me. At least not in terms of covering the 12 months in full prior to lodging and then other evidence from the beginning of your de facto thrown in. 

Fwiw I submitted a bill or joint bank statement from each of the 12 months prior to lodging. Bill was either in both our names or one of the other of us but to the same address. But we had something from each month to show us at the same address that was 'official'. Water bill, council tax, electric, phone etc. 

I then also submitted life insurance policy naming the other, car insurance in my name showing my husband as named driver and a selection of bills and bank statements from each year we had stated we were de facto for (at the time it was 7 years or so so an extra 7 sheets of paper to show we could prove our relationship from when it began). We also submitted payslips to show funds going into bank accounts and moving between accounts, 

I think you are possibly a bit light on covering the official paper trail in more detail. I'd look at what you actually submitted and see if you can fill in any blanks for the 12 months prior to lodging, if it's patchy and also provide a few more offIcial things from the rest of the time you are claiming de facto. If you don't provide enough when it's requested they will probably base their decision on what they have in front of them and if it's not enough evidence you may find your application declined. Requests for more info should be taken seriously as they are asking for more evidence and you can take it they don't generally ask if they don't need it for some reason. 

If you've already submitted plenty of photos and social stuff I'd not go overboard on submitting much more of that side of things. I'd focus more in the official stuff and ensuring that is in detail and add a few social bits to compliment it. 

19 minutes ago, snifter said:

That doesn't sound much to me. At least not in terms of covering the 12 months in full prior to lodging and then other evidence from the beginning of your de facto thrown in. 

Fwiw I submitted a bill or joint bank statement from each of the 12 months prior to lodging. Bill was either in both our names or one of the other of us but to the same address. But we had something from each month to show us at the same address that was 'official'. Water bill, council tax, electric, phone etc. 

I then also submitted life insurance policy naming the other, car insurance in my name showing my husband as named driver and a selection of bills and bank statements from each year we had stated we were de facto for (at the time it was 7 years or so so an extra 7 sheets of paper to show we could prove our relationship from when it began). We also submitted payslips to show funds going into bank accounts and moving between accounts, 

I think you are possibly a bit light on covering the official paper trail in more detail. I'd look at what you actually submitted and see if you can fill in any blanks for the 12 months prior to lodging, if it's patchy and also provide a few more offIcial things from the rest of the time you are claiming de facto. If you don't provide enough when it's requested they will probably base their decision on what they have in front of them and if it's not enough evidence you may find your application declined. Requests for more info should be taken seriously as they are asking for more evidence and you can take it they don't generally ask if they don't need it for some reason. 

If you've already submitted plenty of photos and social stuff I'd not go overboard on submitting much more of that side of things. I'd focus more in the official stuff and ensuring that is in detail and add a few social bits to compliment it. 

Car insurance is a good one actually, i'll dig that out. We've nothing for the months prior to moving in together really as that was just dating, so no joint responsibilities.

We've also got life insurance which I've already added.

The house was mine initially as she had no credit score, deposit and anyway, even at that point it was probably too early to put half my home in her name. So she's only recently on the mortgage although she's been paying towards the costs since moving in (I think I'll include as far back on one of the joint accounts as I can that we both pay £1k a month into and the bills come out.) Therefore all the utility bills intially were in my name. We've got Council Tax bills that show she was there though.

4 minutes ago, MTut said:

Car insurance is a good one actually, i'll dig that out. We've nothing for the months prior to moving in together really as that was just dating, so no joint responsibilities.

We've also got life insurance which I've already added.

The house was mine initially as she had no credit score, deposit and anyway, even at that point it was probably too early to put half my home in her name. So she's only recently on the mortgage although she's been paying towards the costs since moving in (I think I'll include as far back on one of the joint accounts as I can that we both pay £1k a month into and the bills come out.) Therefore all the utility bills intially were in my name. We've got Council Tax bills that show she was there though.

Include the council tax and bank statements you mentioned. Both are good things. Can insurance for the recent year and previous years is good if it names you both at the same address. 

Also if salary slips to either of you have your address on, those are worth including some of. Then reflect that in the bank statements if possible where it gets paid in. 

Do you have any recent wedding invites or anything for the social side? Obviously as a couple they would be to you both. And the tennis club membership naming you both is worthwhile  :) 

1 hour ago, Beffers said:

Exactly re Sydney!! I really enjoyed it but just couldn't see myself living there!! 

I'm hoping around Upwey/Ferntree Gully, but we've a few schools to look at and I think that will guide us somewhat! 

We are looking at the same area, Upwey is nice, bit like a little country town, has a really nice bakery that do good pies but from what Ive looked at houses can be expensive there. UFG or ferntree gully are bigger and probably a little more affordable ( for us anyway, we are renting first) also looking at Bornia 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, snifter said:

Include the council tax and bank statements you mentioned. Both are good things. Can insurance for the recent year and previous years is good if it names you both at the same address. 

Also if salary slips to either of you have your address on, those are worth including some of. Then reflect that in the bank statements if possible where it gets paid in. 

Do you have any recent wedding invites or anything for the social side? Obviously as a couple they would be to you both. And the tennis club membership naming you both is worthwhile  :) 

Yes, I need to chase up my cousin for a proper wedding invite for his one in September. He just handed out a load of identical 'Save the date' cards to everyone - useless for this!

38 minutes ago, Lever40 said:

We are looking at the same area, Upwey is nice, bit like a little country town, has a really nice bakery that do good pies but from what Ive looked at houses can be expensive there. UFG or ferntree gully are bigger and probably a little more affordable ( for us anyway, we are renting first) also looking at Bornia 

I'm all for a bakery that has good pies! I live in a wee village at the moment so it does appeal. House prices are a bit on the pricey side. We are renting for the first year. I'm also viewing coastal towns but I really don't fancy suburbia!! 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Jen56johns said:

OMG! I just got a call from the High Commission, they asked me to upload my British Citizenship certificate and then assured me they would issue my husband's 309 and 100 this afternoon!  Check out my dates!  This is super quick!

We are ecstatic!

Excellent news!! When did you apply??

On 4/5/2017 at 10:10 PM, Jen56johns said:

OMG! I just got a call from the High Commission, they asked me to upload my British Citizenship certificate and then assured me they would issue my husband's 309 and 100 this afternoon!  Check out my dates!  This is super quick!

We are ecstatic!

They're through!  K (my CO) was true to her word and the grant letters came through within 30 minutes of uploading my certificate.  OMG!!!!!

Edited by MaggieMay24
CO name (initials only please)
  • Like 2