SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

On 4/5/2017 at 9:23 PM, Beffers said:

I'm all for a bakery that has good pies! I live in a wee village at the moment so it does appeal. House prices are a bit on the pricey side. We are renting for the first year. I'm also viewing coastal towns but I really don't fancy suburbia!! 

I like the little town feel you get from some of the smaller suburbs, particular liked Lilydale and Coldstream when I lived there. Little far out though if you need to travel for work. I'll be based in Mitcham on the Ringwood Line

On 4/5/2017 at 10:33 PM, Jen56johns said:

They're through!  K (my CO) was true to her word and the grant letters came through within 30 minutes of uploading my certificate.  OMG!!!!!

Awesome News. Thats really quick! Bet you're over the moon! 

• Like 1

Just now, Lever40 said:

Awesome News. Thats really quick! Bet you're over the moon! 

We are, thanks! Weird thing is it went from application received to application finalised. Just when you're convinced nothing is happening...  So glad we frontloaded.

I can only guess at why it was so quick - I suspect it's because we travel to Australia every year and my husband has 10 years' of evisitor visas on the system. But who knows?

The relief of everything just falling into place only reinforces my feeling that this move is meant to be!  We are going to Melbourne too. My new job is on St Kilda Rd so we're looking at south eastern suburbs.

Good luck to everyone. I hope your visas come through soon.

• Like 1

Nice to see things moving along! This whole waiting game gets me sometimes. I was talking to TinaK earlier and we thought there should be a partner visa Monopoly game - Take a chance card - Your Case Worker is on leave, go back 3 spaces; your partner has been approved as a Sponsor, move forward one space; Your police check has a live trace, go straight to jail and do not pass go; your medical has been referred, go to the hospital square and miss a turn.........  Needs to be accompanied by a gallon of Jacob Creek or an ice cold Tooheys!!! 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Jen56johns said:

I assume they frontloaded everything.  wow!

Dont remember if it was or not. Thought they got c/o contact after a few days but had already the requested information at hand. So just uploaded and got granted! Like @Beffers said.. its a Monopoly! ! 

• Like 1

I don't know if this is useful since it's from last year, but my application took 4 months and 28 days. Now I've got the Partner visa to worry about...
EDIT: Ugh, I was meant to post this in another thread and don't know how to delete it!

Was that the PMV?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, SpaghettiWinston said:

That's right, yes - I meant to post this in a PMV thread I had open in another tab. D'oh!

this thread is used for both ;) But pretty quick on grant though! What was the difference in time from your grant to your wedding date ? 

5 hours ago, unzippy said:

09/03 submitted and got email acknowledgement that they recieved the application.
31/03 chased via email
01/04 email to say it is done and to expect it in the post.

Still waiting for the paper cert....

Thanks Unzippy. I'll maybe give them another few days/a week. We have been give a submission date of 2 May from Immi. 

On 11/04/2017 at 9:54 AM, unzippy said:

09/03 submitted and got email acknowledgement that they recieved the application.
31/03 chased via email
01/04 email to say it is done and to expect it in the post.

Still waiting for the paper cert....

13/04 paper cert arrived today and has been scanned in and uploaded.

A couple of things:

Her section is now closed off and marked approved so I have to upload her cert to my section?

Once done there doesn't seem to be any way of notifying them within immi to say I've done what they've asked.  So I replied to the original email that asked me for the extras.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, unzippy said:

Once done there doesn't seem to be any way of notifying them within immi to say I've done what they've asked.  So I replied to the original email that asked me for the extras.

Zippy, they will know. I guess their system alerts them when a request is complete or something, but when I was asked to add my citizenship cert my CO said something about seeing the link appear and then she would grant the visa.  Shame it didn't arrive yesterday or you might have had your visa today!  Fingers crossed for next week.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, unzippy said:

13/04 paper cert arrived today and has been scanned in and uploaded.

A couple of things:

Her section is now closed off and marked approved so I have to upload her cert to my section?

Yeah my husband showing approved so I'll upload the AFP to my side. I have a submission button at bottom of screen to press after everything on but Jen56 is right in that they know!!