SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Just a letter saying more information requested, then further detail asking us for our police clearance and medical. Nothing else requested.

Was that the only thing they asked for today, was medical and police check or was more info needed as well.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Hi I see Carahunter4 said that your husband was approved as your sponsor how did you see this? Did their status change on the immiAccount?

Has anybody else seen this?

How soon before the grant of the visa?

Johnny

im interested in this question as well Carahunter4 xx

Hi I see Carahunter4 said that your husband was approved as your sponsor how did you see this? Did their status change on the immiAccount?

Has anybody else seen this?

How soon before the grant of the visa?

Johnny

Hi,

Yes I went into my immi account and when I clicked on my part of it for more detail it shows the sponsor approved. This only happened when I had my medicals and police check requested, it wasn't showing before.

What did they say in the reply to your email?

I'm doing my medical in Knightsbridge.

Yeah I get the email aswell, and I can get into the front page of the immi account, but when I click on the TRN number it fails and says the system is currently unavailable. Maybe it's just down on my immi account.

That exactly the same as mine.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Just realised it's exactly 100 days since we pressed the submit and held back the gulp when transferring funds over.

Or 3 months, 8 days .. feel like we're on our way :-)

Just realised it's exactly 100 days since we pressed the submit and held back the gulp when transferring funds over.

Or 3 months, 8 days .. feel like we're on our way :-)

OZZIE when did you apply. I have just worked out we are 97 days so we are very close to you. I can't remember if you if you have told me already, did you front load your medical and police check. Have you had contact yet?

OZZIE when did you apply. I have just worked out we are 97 days so we are very close to you. I can't remember if you if you have told me already, did you front load your medical and police check. Have you had contact yet?

28 Oct. Yes front loaded police and medical (but only in the past few weeks). No contact but it doesn't fash me, it'll come when it comes :-)

Ahhh you are 10 days after us, we applied 18th Oct, but haven't done medical and police check yet, Husband wants to wait for the email. 

It's easy enough to do medical and police check when do you do get the email.

Hi forum folks! Just popping in to say hi. My wife submitted her application for a spouse visa on 13 December. We're still in the early stages, and grappling with the uncertainty. I'm a planner, so I hate not knowing when we need to start listing our house for sale, handing in notice etc etc. But we'll tough it out. Hoping it goes fast :)

Hi forum folks! Just popping in to say hi. My wife submitted her application for a spouse visa on 13 December. We're still in the early stages, and grappling with the uncertainty. I'm a planner, so I hate not knowing when we need to start listing our house for sale, handing in notice etc etc. But we'll tough it out. Hoping it goes fast :)

Hi Aussiedreamers

How you progress with the application process is a bit different for everyone.

Speaking for myself it was triggered when the opportunity for redundancy came from my work I had been in the same job for over 20 years. My wife who is Ozzy and I saw it as an opportunity to fund the move.

So I finished work end of July and Wife and two kids moved over to Australia to stay with Friends at the end of September.

They have since rented a house.

This gave me the opportunity to pack everything up and renovate our house to put on the market.

Our belongings were packed into a container in October and shipped to Australia.

This in the end up helped in two ways - with the renovation and for potential buyers to see a blank canvas so to speak.

I would recommend getting your house ready and on the market as soon as. Certainly around the 4 to 5 months mark after the application has been submitted.

Unless you can afford to I would keep work going until Visa is granted.

Medicals and Police checks

The thing about these is that they are time limited valid for 12 months and I believe have to be valid when you enter Australia to activate your Visa, but I'm not sure about that.

Some people wait 3 - 4 months and front load their ImmiAccount with their medicals and police checks (PC) that means they are still valid even if your application takes the full, as published time of 10 to 14 months to process.

The advantage of not doing this is your case officer will contact you and ask you to go and get these things done.

The reason this is an advantage is that you then know for sure you have a case officer looking at your application, who will contact you and ask you to go and get these things done with a time limit most now seem to be 28 days.

If like me you front load them you are left guessing as to whether you have a case officer or not, as some people don't hear anything until they receive an email with the grant of their visa.

If you have lived anywhere else other than UK I would apply for police check in that country now. I have seen people waiting 3 months for that, depending on the country.

Take the opportunity to get ready it is going to be a waiting game and for most people frustrating, particularly as you get closer to the grant of your visa and the start of your new life.

My tuppence worth

Johnny

Welcome! It is a frustrating waiting game unfortunately but worth it in the end :-) Since I've been on this forum the visa's seem to be coming in about 5-8months, mostly the earlier end but there are no guarantees. From what I can tell, the longer end of the 10-14 months seems to be the high risk applications (there's another thread for them) because they have to go for an interview. The waiting does seem to be a bit random. From what I've seen front loading doesn't seem to speed the process up, if anything it might seem to slow it down. I decided not to front load as I wanted confirmation that my application was ok which I see being asked for the medicals & police checks and no other info validation of. I was asked to go for mine last week so just over 4 months in. I'm doing it this week so we'll see how long they take to approve afterwards. Some people it's really quick - no rhyme nor reason I'm afraid! But you're in the right place to keep an eye on things and share the load with others in similar positons.

Good Luck.

Medical (updated on immi today) and police check uploaded. Now just the waiting game- see how long it takes for the visa to be granted!

Applied-18th August

Medical/PC requested- 12th Jan (given 28 days to complete)

Uploaded today (6th Feb)

Grant soon!! Fingers crossed.

Edited by koalakate

Medical (updated on immi today) and police check uploaded. Now just the waiting game- see how long it takes for the visa to be granted!

Applied-18th August

Medical/PC requested- 12th Jan (given 28 days to complete)

Uploaded today (6th Feb)

Grant soon!! Fingers crossed.

Was it approved on immi account. X