SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

The lady on the phone at the Europe Service centre assured me that it does.

+1 on this, a visa that is approved supersedes current visa ie: you have a tourist visa and the partner one is approved - this will trump. I had heard of someone, who knows why, think maybe due to confusion, they applied for a tourist visa and were advised by an immigration officer the tourist visa basically cancelled out the partner visa. They were able to sort it tho.

He had the female doctor...

LOL!

My husband was slightly disappointed today when i mentioned this.... he had a nice female irish doctor!! haha! He had his done in Maidenhead, Berkshire. There really isnt anything closer to us. I was surprised at how few locations are available!

Hi,

Thank you for posting. It does seem to be a long time since your medicals. Were your medicals referred do you know as this may have delayed things or was there anything else complicated about your application that perhaps delayed it? If not then I guess your case officer just hasn't got round to granting it yet! Maybe you could send them an email advising of your situation which might give them a nudge.

I'm sure you'll hear soon, keep us updated.

No her medicals came back approved. She called once and it's just in the queue to be approved. On the 2 occasions we've called we get the same answer and gets us nowhere. If it gets nearer the time then we'll see what we can do ..... until then it's just a waiting game!!

Edited by slavy1223

No her medicals came back approved. She called once and it's just in the queue to be approved. On the 2 occasions we've called we get the same answer and gets us nowhere. If it gets nearer the time then we'll see what we can do ..... until then it's just a waiting game!!

Ah Ok, well I'm sure it'll be approved any day. I'm sure the waiting is excruciating but hang on in there! You've got plenty of time yet.

Hi we are new here,

but just wanted to give you a bit of information on our timeline as you will probably see everyone is different.

We applied at the end of June

CO was about a month later and then the medical request was the end of august.

since then we haven't heard a peep from them no further information or anything.

Backstory to our situation

My partner and I met in australia in early 2013 lived together for about a year in australia and then moved here in the uk have been here for nearly 2 years and my visa is up in may.

so fingers crossed we get it soon..

Sounds similar to me and my partner, he's on a working holiday visa which is up in June. What nationality are you out of curiosity?

This time next year we will all have our visas and be celebrating in Oz!!

Can't wait! I wonder however if it will be further scaled down as, as the years go by there are more and more people it would seem against celebrating on the date 26th Jan.

All been a bit quiet though for London hasn't it - anyone had anymore contact?

Very quiet this week. I see Australia house are closed tomorrow for Australia day. So nothing now till Monday.

All been a bit quiet though for London hasn't it - anyone had anymore contact?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Heard nothing - checked my immi account today and still just says application 'received' and against my partner's sponsorship application 'submitted'. Does anyone know if these status' get updated when a case officer has been appointed? I've decided to go ahead and get my medical done tomorrow and have ordered my police check - hopefully not a decision I'll regret financially!

Heard nothing - checked my immi account today and still just says application 'received' and against my partner's sponsorship application 'submitted'. Does anyone know if these status' get updated when a case officer has been appointed? I've decided to go ahead and get my medical done tomorrow and have ordered my police check - hopefully not a decision I'll regret financially!

Hi FMR, my husbands immi account says the same thing and so does mine for being the sponsor. I don't think it changes unless they request info.

We had contact from our CO, and no status has changed, still says 'received' and 'submitted'.

We are waiting on our police check to come through, and then we can submit the requested documents - we were given 28 days, it's been 6, and feels like a month has passed already while we wait!!

Uhtred - when you did your PC - how long did it take to arrive??

Edited by SimplyRhi

Sounds similar to me and my partner, he's on a working holiday visa which is up in June. What nationality are you out of curiosity?

I'm Australian she's British. Her application has been set to 'Assessment in Progress' for a while now and mine is still at submitted, following on from everyone else's.

Have you had any contact from them?

Yeah once on 29 July as some of the docs hadn't uploaded properly and then on 16 August to ask for her medicals and UK Police Check (these were uploaded on 4 Sept) and nothing since.She called about November last year and they said it's in the queue to be approved and to just wait.

We had contact from our CO, and no status has changed, still says 'received' and 'submitted'.

We are waiting on our police check to come through, and then we can submit the requested documents - we were given 28 days, it's been 6, and feels like a month has passed already while we wait!!

Uhtred - when you did your PC - how long did it take to arrive??

I did mine back at the start of September. Pretty sure I had it back within a week.

Yeah once on 29 July as some of the docs hadn't uploaded properly and then on 16 August to ask for her medicals and UK Police Check (these were uploaded on 4 Sept) and nothing since.She called about November last year and they said it's in the queue to be approved and to just wait.

Sorry if you've already said but when did you apply?

That's good . Have you applied from the UK?