SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Has it been a straight forward case. I wonder why it's taking so long

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I assumed it was as we met in australia and lived there together came to live in the uk together. we aren't married.

but alot of the visas that are getting granted quick are the ones going straight to 100.

if they needed more info we have been informed they would of asked so really i think its just slowed up and they are fast tracking the 100 ones

I assumed it was as we met in australia and lived there together came to live in the uk together. we aren't married.

but alot of the visas that are getting granted quick are the ones going straight to 100.

if they needed more info we have been informed they would of asked so really i think its just slowed up and they are fast tracking the 100 ones

Ahhh okay I see, we applied on the 18th October we have been together 15 years married 10 with 2 kids. My husband hasn't done the medical or police check yet, we have had no contact. My husband should get a 100 straight away.

Heard nothing - checked my immi account today and still just says application 'received' and against my partner's sponsorship application 'submitted'. Does anyone know if these status' get updated when a case officer has been appointed? I've decided to go ahead and get my medical done tomorrow and have ordered my police check - hopefully not a decision I'll regret financially!

Hi

I think in some cases they are updated and other cases not. Some people's applications still show received or submitted despite receiving approval! Your medical and police check are valid for 12 months so if you're a few or more months into waiting you should be ok. We're front loading too.

Hi All

An update on my application

I submitted my 309/100 application on 8th September 2016.

I front loaded my Medical and ACRO police check 22nd Dec.

My immiAccount shows that my medical was ok

I do not know if I have been assigned a case officer yet, even thought this mostly seems to happen around the 3 months time.

I know from this forum that I may not hear anything from my case officer if everything is in order (I hope)

I phoned the Europe service center inquiring about a case officer, and about police check, I done this just before Christmas, the person I spoke to was very nice acknowledged that my medical was ok and assured me that I would likely get a case officer early in the new year.

My house is now under offer and completion is looming so as suggested by the website I emailed the Europe Service Center asking what my options might be weather it would be possible to get a bridging visa or similar to allow me to travel to Australia and look for work.

I received an automated email in reply stating that someone would respond to my email in 5 working days.

8 days later (Thursday past Australia day) no response, so I phoned them, in contrast to the person I spoke to before Christmas I spoke to someone who was verging on rude and was of absolute no help what so ever. I finished the phone call fuming.

Their advice was if I felt I qualified I could apply for a skills based visa????

When I pointed out that this was of no help they paused then said they weren't going to argue with me. ( I wasn't arguing I pointed out that to apply for that visa would take more money and would have processing time as well???????

Anyway after all that she returned to the default that "your application is within the published processing times of 10 to 14 months" and didn't budge.

My situation is My wife is Australian we have been living together since December 2004 and were married in May 2007

We have two children together and they are both registered as Australian.

We lived in Northern Ireland.

I took redundancy from my work to fund the move in July 2016.

My wife and children moved to Adelaide in late September so the kids could start school.

Our house went on the market in November and we agreed an offer in December.

I hope completion will be at start of February.

So now......

Waiting

Waiting

Waiting

Just thought I would put this out there.

Thanks Jonathan.

Hi All,

Just thought I'd upload my details and dates.

Date of Lodgement - 03rd September 2016

Lodgement - Online from UK, Spouse

Medical and police checks provided unrequested with first month.

No dependents or complicating factors.

Copious documents and evidence provided.

British husband, Australian Wife. Married one month before application.

No contact, queries or case officer.

Fingers crossed.

My wife is in Melbourne now. She has rented a house. I can't travel until dogs fly on 02nd March 2017. I'd like to hope my visa will have arrived by then.

If not I'll have to be a kept man for a bit.

I'll keep you posted with any progress.

Hi I see you applied a week before myself and have similar situation.

Have you heard anything recently?

Jonathan

Hi I see you applied a week before myself and have similar situation.

Have you heard anything recently?

Jonathan

I replied a week after you mate and had nothing - also front loaded. When I called 2 weeks back I was told I have CO but the quoted processing time is still 10-14 months.

• Like 1

I replied a week after you mate and had nothing - also front loaded. When I called 2 weeks back I was told I have CO but the quoted processing time is still 10-14 months.

Has anything on your immiaccount changed?

I was told bu incredibly unhelpful adviser on the phone that she couldn't tell if a CO had been assigned.

Jonathan

Has anything on your immiaccount changed?

I was told bu incredibly unhelpful adviser on the phone that she couldn't tell if a CO had been assigned.

Jonathan

Nothing has changed whatsoever. I mean June applicants were getting 5 month grants so will be interesting to see in 2 weeks where we are at and if we get 5 months.

Hi All

I do not know if I have been assigned a case officer yet, even thought this mostly seems to happen around the 3 months time.

I know from this forum that I may not hear anything from my case officer if everything is in order (I hope)

I phoned the Europe service center inquiring about a case officer, and about police check, I done this just before Christmas, the person I spoke to was very nice acknowledged that my medical was ok and assured me that I would likely get a case officer early in the new year.

My house is now under offer and completion is looming so as suggested by the website I emailed the Europe Service Center asking what my options might be weather it would be possible to get a bridging visa or similar to allow me to travel to Australia and look for work.

I received an automated email in reply stating that someone would respond to my email in 5 working days.

8 days later (Thursday past Australia day) no response, so I phoned them, in contrast to the person I spoke to before Christmas I spoke to someone who was verging on rude and was of absolute no help what so ever. I finished the phone call fuming.

Their advice was if I felt I qualified I could apply for a skills based visa????

When I pointed out that this was of no help they paused then said they weren't going to argue with me. ( I wasn't arguing I pointed out that to apply for that visa would take more money and would have processing time as well???????

Anyway after all that she returned to the default that "your application is within the published processing times of 10 to 14 months" and didn't budge.

My situation is My wife is Australian we have been living together since December 2004 and were married in May 2007

My wife and children moved to Adelaide in late September so the kids could start school.

So now......

Waiting

Waiting

Waiting

Thanks Jonathan.

Could you not visit on a visitors visa? It's valid for three months in a 12 month time frame. Yes of course you couldn't work nor apply for benefits, but perhaps being with your wife and children during the waiting period might be better for you all. I asked the call handler when I phoned the service centre what happened if we had to make our way to Australia before approval. She said this was extremely common as people had family commitments (school etc..) or very valid reasons for being there before the approval. She advised that although there was no 'waiting for a visa approval visa' there are other visas we could apply for if we suited the requirements. Power of suggestion!

Regarding a CO - the callhander I had said that we had been assigned a CO. You probably have; perhaps another call to a more helpful person might set your mind at rest.

Edited by Guest

You can't keep calling them about if you've got a CO or not or things like that. Well, you can but it won't really get you anywhere :cute: Applications once paid for are lodged and go into a queue. There is no rhyme or reason to this queue, it does not follow a regular pattern and second guessing can only lead to more upset and stress while waiting. A CO is assigned in due course and you pretty much should not expect much in the way of communication re your visa application. They don't give out info, CO generally only contact an applicant if they require some more information or evidence and the official wait time is 10-14 months. If they don't bring that timeframe down you can't really do much if your application isn't processed sooner. It isn't fun but it is what it is and you cannot expect or demand more of them. I've been reading and posting on this thread for many years now and applied for my own visa a number of years back and the waiting process is the same now as it was then and before I applied. The only thing that is different now is people can lodge online and if anything it seems to make people more edgy and worried as they keep checking their IMMI account and it must drive people a bit bonkers. And the timeframe now is longer than it was when I applied (8-9 months then) and at that time it was longer than it had been two years before. The official wait time on the Aus High Commission increased in the months after I applied iirc.

I always suggest people follow the guidelines from the Australian High Commission and not expect to hear anything much at all re where your application is in the processing. Its quite normal and nothing to worry about. If your CO needs something from you, they will get in touch. No news is not bad news re not hearing from a CO, IYGWIM :) When applications were done only via post it used to be you had your CO name, contact info and could call or email them direct. Since moving over to the online process this has been done away with and its a central help desk which fields enquiries and this doesn't get you far if your visa is still processing within the timeframe as they don't usually give any info out about it.

Honestly, I don't say this to bring people down but to try to get them to be realistic about the visa process and how it works. Australian immigration isn't going to make an exception for everyone phoning asking about do they have a CO yet, where are they in the visa process and other things. It can be frustrating seeing people get a visa granted in 6 months and your own is at the same time point but no sign of a visa yet. Given the wait time is still 10-14 months you really can't compare cases and should focus on your own application and not expect it to match others. Some people are getting a visa quickly, others not. There is no pattern and I've seen so many people over the years who are upset or down because their visa is still processing when others are granted. Focus on your own visa, be happy for others who get their grants but don't put too much stock into being not far behind them in your application lodging so your visa will be here soon. It may not be and you'd be in for a big let down if that is the case and you are waiting a month or two longer. It may come through tomorrow in which case you'll be happy as that the wait is over.

The partner visa is a waiting game visa. Things like skilled visas are a different process and have more going on throughout the process but the partner visa application is one of silence and waiting. Its sometimes hard to have nothing to really go on but I'd suggest (f you are not doing it already that is) using your time to focus and plan your move, be constructive :smile: Have some sort outs, start thinking about what you can ship, donate, recycle, sell. Get your house ready to sell, end the lease on, spend time doing things you love to do in the UK, visit places you've never been before, have weekends away, spend time with friends and family, loved ones, eat Monster Munch, Hula Hoops and Jaffa cakes like they are going out of fashion as once here, both will be memories only or very rare expensive treats). We made a bucket list of places we wanted to visit or re visit in the year before we moved. Our son loves castles so his wish list had a fair few of them on it, we visited zoos, wildlife parks, National Trust sites, Roman ruins, climbed a mountain, went rock pooling along the coast, visited Lyme Regis again to go fossil hunting and eat the best fish and chips sitting on the beach while watching the sun set. Went to the Fleet Air Arm museum. London for a long weekend to see the museums and sights. Made sure we saw a pantomime at Christmas (Aus doesn't have them) and more. We had a blast (on a budget, part funded by the selling off of some of our stuff) in the months waiting for my visa. Our home was also the cleanest its ever been (or will be :wink:) and I managed to whittle out so much stuff we didn't need or want to bring we were able to squeeze our shipping into a Movecube. It was a busy year but it was a good one and I'm glad I had the time to enjoy the UK and the things I love about it. Some may be doing similar or have done so, others not. There is no right or wrong way to go about planning for a move but it worked well for us, for me and it kept me from fretting overly about my visa. It gave me some control and something to focus on and it was a good use of my energy and distracted me from too many negative worries.

Hi All

So now......

Waiting

Waiting

Waiting

Thanks Jonathan.

As has been said, you could go to Aus any time on a tourist visa and wait out the grant there (and go off shore if need be every 90 days if the tourist visa requires it). You would need to notify them your date to fly to Aus to ensure the visa grants don't cross over and they can then contact you when the visa is ready to grant to arrange for you to go off shore for a few days for the visa to be granted. Many have done this, do do this and its not ideal but it does mean people can be in Aus for a date if they need to be. You won't be able to work or anything but you would be there.

There is no bridging visa. You'd needed to have applied on shore for a partner visa to get the bridging visa and work rights.

I would say ring the contract centre if finding out you have a CO helps you a little. Yes it means jot all really but might help you feel a bit better. Once I had phoned (to ask a few questions not related to whether we had a CO or not), the very helpful person I spoke to volunteered I had been assigned a CO and even though I knew it meant nothing really, it did stop me feeling a bit out to sea. Now I feel just let it run it's course, what will be will be and all things come in time (whatever it may be).

As snifter and I mentioned you can go on a tourist visa and wait our your time (not officially, you're just visiting your family right) and read above for what you need to do as and when the spouse visa is approved.

Edited by Guest

Could you not visit on a visitors visa? It's valid for three months in a 12 month time frame. Yes of course you couldn't work nor apply for benefits, but perhaps being with your wife and children during the waiting period might be better for you all. I asked the call handler when I phoned the service centre what happened if we had to make our way to Australia before approval. She said this was extremely common as people had family commitments (school etc..) or very valid reasons for being there before the approval. She advised that although there was no 'waiting for a visa approval visa' there are other visas we could apply for if we suited the requirements. Power of suggestion!

Regarding a CO - the callhander I had said that we had been assigned a CO. You probably have; perhaps another call to a more helpful person might set your mind at rest.

Hi Ozzie

Yeah once house is sorted I intend to travel to Australia if my spouse visa is not sorted I will get a tourist visa. This is the sort of thing I wanted to check confirm when I phoned the Europe Service Center. As it obviously doesn't make sense to travel to Australia on a tourist visa one week and the following week have tou spouse visa granted thus meaning further expense of having to leave Australia to activate the spouse visa.

Also if traveling on tourist visa going through immigration without a return flight etc etc and it would be clear that I was intending to stay.

My intention is not to get special treatment or jump the queue, rather to gain clarity that I can plan the start of the rest of my life.

Thanks for the good solid advice.

Johnny

Hi Snifter I know you have given sound advice about the waiting time for the process of the spouse visa. On both occasions that I phoned the Europe service center I had queries (probably best answered by a CO which is why I asked the callhandler if I had one assigned) before Christmas it was in regard to whether I required a police check from Ireland as I had an Irish passport, last week might have been a bit closer to being in general in content in my current situation I'm planning to go over to Adelaide on a tourist visa if need be but again as everyone's circumstances are different and as I come closer to the timeframe when most applicants visa is granted, it doesn't make sense logically or financially to travel to Australia one week and the very next week be granted my 309/100 visa and have to leave the country again.

As for spending my time in UK yeah as a family we done some of this before my wife and kids went to Adelaide. Since then I have spent time with family and friends especially my father who is now getting on in age and wil be living on his own.

I have packed almost everything up and shipped them over to Adelaide and that has now arrived there.

I renovated our house and put it on the market and have agreed an offer and the new owners rightly want to move in and while I have contingency plans as I can stay either with my father or another member of the family, if need be.

In short the finances that were there to pay for the move are rapidly running out which limits alot of things that you can do, I understand that this is not the CO's or the process's fault but a bit of clarity or empathy can go a long way.

Previously the process actually seemed to have more clarity in virtually all cases the CO was assigned around 3 months time and at least then there was an actual point of contact, whilst this may still be the case the CO seems to be much more detached and stay in the background.

In short I know you were giving good sense advice, thank you

Jonathan

Hey guys, just a quick note to say that my husband had his visas (309 and 100) granted today!

We are really grateful for everyone's support and kind words over the last few months. I feel a bit silly for being so worried about not hearing anything for most of our 5 month 9 day waiting time, as it's come through now, 1 week and 1 day after our first and only contact from our CO. We are feeling very fortunate right now and cant wait for the next stage of our life to start. I hope that our news is good news for some of you also waiting and in similar situations.

Hey guys, just a quick note to say that my husband had his visas (309 and 100) granted today!

We are really grateful for everyone's support and kind words over the last few months. I feel a bit silly for being so worried about not hearing anything for most of our 5 month 9 day waiting time, as it's come through now, 1 week and 1 day after our first and only contact from our CO. We are feeling very fortunate right now and cant wait for the next stage of our life to start. I hope that our news is good news for some of you also waiting and in similar situations.

That's fantastic news ashabree.

This gives me hope that we will get our medical Email at 5 months and then grant after.

Well done and congratulations.

That's fantastic news ashabree.

This gives me hope that we will get our medical Email at 5 months and then grant after.

Well done and congratulations.

Thank you! It seemed very quick once we had contact. Good luck to you too!

Thank you! It seemed very quick once we had contact. Good luck to you too!

Thank you, we have had no contact, I did email the Europe centre and they replied saying they have received all the documents and a officer would contact us if they needed anything else.

Good luck in Oz.

Thank you, we have had no contact, I did email the Europe centre and they replied saying they have received all the documents and a officer would contact us if they needed anything else.

Good luck in Oz.

That's exactly what they said to me when I called 5 days before we hit 5 months. We got the more information request (inc medical and police check) 4 days later.

That's exactly what they said to me when I called 5 days before we hit 5 months. We got the more information request (inc medical and police check) 4 days later.

Well I got that email back today, I sent it over a week ago. We are only at 3 and half months. I'm sure if they need anything extra they contact earlier.

Congratulations Ashabree.