SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Would assume I may get the nod before you as applied 13/09 but this seems like a complete lottery right?! Haha.

Front loading an application and then having zero contact is very tough. Starting to think I shouldve waited for a request but oh well.

I'll be moving to QLD too - family is all from Mackay but we'll hit Bris. Would be good to stay in contact even just to have people in similar situations around. Sharing tips and knowledge etc.

Snap!

Application submitted 8th Sept, front loaded in Dec with Medical and police check.

I know it's early compared to the published timeline but keep worrying I've missed something that would delay the granting of the visa, any communication would be a relief.

Congratulations! I knew it wouldn't be long. Exciting times ahead. Good luck with the move and your travelling. You'll be very happy in the Whitsundays! x

Are you physic @ashabree? Lol

When's my visa grant coming through?

You were spot on I hope there is a few coming through now as there seems to be a few of us around the same time.

Snap!

Application submitted 8th Sept, front loaded in Dec with Medical and police check.

I know it's early compared to the published timeline but keep worrying I've missed something that would delay the granting of the visa, any communication would be a relief.

I'd hope given we are at 5 months that they would've contacted us by now for additional information. I've seen people contacted around 3/4 months so can't imagine we would wait longer.

Does seem like the 5 month on the dot applicants are rarer, they are taking 5.5 months plus now.

I'd hope given we are at 5 months that they would've contacted us by now for additional information. I've seen people contacted around 3/4 months so can't imagine we would wait longer.

Does seem like the 5 month on the dot applicants are rarer, they are taking 5.5 months plus now.

As a lot of people have said it seems to be a lottery / mystery as to when they contact or grant the visa.

Looking at older posts on this thread it seemed to be related to which case officer you got and a few years back you seemed to be notified of their contact email around the 3 months time.

This seems to have changed but I wonder if who the case officer is still has a bearing on when the visa is granted.

As a lot of people have said it seems to be a lottery / mystery as to when they contact or grant the visa.

Looking at older posts on this thread it seemed to be related to which case officer you got and a few years back you seemed to be notified of their contact email around the 3 months time.

This seems to have changed but I wonder if who the case officer is still has a bearing on when the visa is granted.

Complete lottery isn't it. I get the whole working in order but someone could vet them first and say this is fine, CO scans and signs off. Suppose doing that people would front load all the time - currently I assume they use the processing time to buy themselves time.

Complete lottery isn't it. I get the whole working in order but someone could vet them first and say this is fine, CO scans and signs off. Suppose doing that people would front load all the time - currently I assume they use the processing time to buy themselves time.

I believe someone said before that the case officers do other types of visa as well, but I wondered myself if someone could not do like a triage of the applications and pick out the straight forward ones and just clear the decks.

The problem then, maybe would be that everyone would feel that their case was straight forward and / or then there are ones that would feel entitled.

I also feel that the time lag might be seen as a deterrent by the hierarchy of bureaucracy.

Case Officers do work on other types of Visa.

I'm completely new to the application process (although been following this site off n on for a few years) but recently I've been led to believe that there must be a kind of Triage, as I only applied recently and was asked to submit my medical and police checks within 8 weeks, and my medical referral letter was marked 100 (which the panel doctor with whom I've booked my medical said that means they're putting me through as a 100 rather than a 309). When I rang and spoke with European Call Centre to query about panel doctors (we live in Northern Ireland and there are none here, so I'd have to travel to GB, or would they accept an Irish panel doctor from Dublin which is obviously outside UK jurisdiction), the Call Centre asked when we were definitely travelling to Australia (as we are planning a reccie and I had put this in my application documents), I said hopefully late May/early June 2017, and she asked me to ensure that I let them know as that would be around the time that my partner visa was due to be granted (if it wasn't granted before that), and I would need to be out of the country for granting, but she said if I was in Oz, I could just fly to New Zealand for a few days so they could grant the visa, and that this was quite common, people going across on tourist visas to sit it out. She also told me not to expect contact from the office until visa grant and not to worry, as that was quite normal due to caseworkers' extensive workloads. So, like everyone else, it's a waiting game!!!

Our application is straight forward in terms of together 14 years, defacto for 12.5 of that, and married for 11 years, with one daughter who's an aussie citizen, Australian marriage certificate, Australian bank account held jointly for 4+ years and 12+ years of joint financial evidence.

I believe someone said before that the case officers do other types of visa as well, but I wondered myself if someone could not do like a triage of the applications and pick out the straight forward ones and just clear the decks.

The problem then, maybe would be that everyone would feel that their case was straight forward and / or then there are ones that would feel entitled.

I also feel that the time lag might be seen as a deterrent by the hierarchy of bureaucracy.

Edited by Beffers

Well done! That's really good news for you! Whoop Whoop!

We just got our grant!! I'm in complete shock as it was SO fast!! Straight to the 100. Really pleased, we can start the process of selling our house and everything else that follows!!

We applied on November 14th, so it was less than 3 months.

We just got our grant!! I'm in complete shock as it was SO fast!! Straight to the 100. Really pleased, we can start the process of selling our house and everything else that follows!!

Wow that's so fast. Did you have it fast tracked. Can you just let us know was it a straight forward application? When did you do medical etc.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I'm completely new to the application process (although been following this site off n on for a few years) but recently I've been led to believe that there must be a kind of Triage, as I only applied recently and was asked to submit my medical and police checks within 8 weeks, and my medical referral letter was marked 100 (which the panel doctor with whom I've booked my medical said that means they're putting me through as a 100 rather than a 309). When I rang and spoke with European Call Centre to query about panel doctors (we live in Northern Ireland and there are none here, so I'd have to travel to GB, or would they accept an Irish panel doctor from Dublin which is obviously outside UK jurisdiction), the Call Centre asked when we were definitely travelling to Australia (as we are planning a reccie and I had put this in my application documents), I said hopefully late May/early June 2017, and she asked me to ensure that I let them know as that would be around the time that my partner visa was due to be granted (if it wasn't granted before that), and I would need to be out of the country for granting, but she said if I was in Oz, I could just fly to New Zealand for a few days so they could grant the visa, and that this was quite common, people going across on tourist visas to sit it out. She also told me not to expect contact from the office until visa grant and not to worry, as that was quite normal due to caseworkers' extensive workloads. So, like everyone else, it's a waiting game!!!

Our application is straight forward in terms of together 14 years, defacto for 12.5 of that, and married for 11 years, with one daughter who's an aussie citizen, Australian marriage certificate, Australian bank account held jointly for 4+ years and 12+ years of joint financial evidence.

Beffers, can I ask when you applied?

When did you apply?

Congratulations that was so fast.

3 February 2017!!!

How long after you applied did they ask for you medical? My husband applied 18th October and we still haven't had a email to request medical and police check. We are a really straight forward case, together 15 years married 10 with 2 kids who are aussie citizens.

I really don't know how they work.

It was just this week, we only put our application in last Friday, which is why I thought there must be some kind of Triage as I wasn't expecting contact until April/May judging by other posts, although SimplyRhi's quick grant makes me think they are working through some fairly quickly. They have given us 8 weeks though, so they are clearly not expecting to 'process' our application until mid April at the earliest. I don't know how they work. I'm expecting if we are going to be 'processed' April/May, that it will still be around the 4-5 month from start to finish, which is not unlike some of the others on here.

How long after you applied did they ask for you medical? My husband applied 18th October and we still haven't had a email to request medical and police check. We are a really straight forward case, together 15 years married 10 with 2 kids who are aussie citizens.

I really don't know how they work.

It was just this week, we only put our application in last Friday, which is why I thought there must be some kind of Triage as I wasn't expecting contact until April/May judging by other posts, although SimplyRhi's quick grant makes me think they are working through some fairly quickly. They have given us 8 weeks though, so they are clearly not expecting to 'process' our application until mid April at the earliest. I don't know how they work. I'm expecting if we are going to be 'processed' April/May, that it will still be around the 4-5 month from start to finish, which is not unlike some of the others on here.

I really hope we hear about the medical soon. We are 4 months next week. It might be a case of medical then grant for us. We are ready to out our house on the market. So much planning

I think you're onto something there Jacqui (I assume?) - they appear to be asking for meds and then granting soon after (like Ashabree, or something similar to that name without me scrolling to look). Most are coming in between the 4-5 month mark I think, and so I would think you're not much longer waiting.

We did this all round the wrong way as we managed to secure a buyer last October for our house and didn't want to lose them so just sold it, and currently in rented, and trying to offload belongings (aka crap we've built up over the years) in an attempt to cut down on shipping requirements!!!!

I really hope we hear about the medical soon. We are 4 months next week. It might be a case of medical then grant for us. We are ready to out our house on the market. So much planning

I think you're onto something there Jacqui (I assume?) - they appear to be asking for meds and then granting soon after (like Ashabree, or something similar to that name without me scrolling to look). Most are coming in between the 4-5 month mark I think, and so I would think you're not much longer waiting.

We did this all round the wrong way as we managed to secure a buyer last October for our house and didn't want to lose them so just sold it, and currently in rented, and trying to offload belongings (aka crap we've built up over the years) in an attempt to cut down on shipping requirements!!!!

I hope so. We want to be in oz for Sept I want to get the kids into school in October so they have the last term to settle in and then start the new academic year in January.

So stressful

Is it to early for wine yet on a Friday.

I know what you mean re kids! That's what I want to do as well so my daughter gets the last term (at least) of Foundation to settle in! So stressful, that's true!

And it's never to early for wine!!!!!

I hope so. We want to be in oz for Sept I want to get the kids into school in October so they have the last term to settle in and then start the new academic year in January.

So stressful

Is it to early for wine yet on a Friday.

I know what you mean re kids! That's what I want to do as well so my daughter gets the last term (at least) of Foundation to settle in! So stressful, that's true!

And it's never to early for wine!!!!!

It's getting opened very soon lol. Where abouts are you going. We are going to Noosa on the Sunshine Coast, all my family are there. I can't wait to get home.

Well up until last week, I would've said Melbourne (husband is from Sydney originally) but there's been a few interesting jobs in WA come up and so I've put in applications and we will see what happens!

You will have a lovely reunion with all your folks I'm sure!

It's getting opened very soon lol. Where abouts are you going. We are going to Noosa on the Sunshine Coast, all my family are there. I can't wait to get home.