SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

hey guys cheers, urm im thinking of going end of next week not sure yet, and shel fingers will be crossed for you mate : ) good that they have recieved and payment has been taken : )

netty oz i know what are they like getting wrong email addresses hehejust as well we checked up huh

xxx

Hey everyone, we got our visa today!! Here's our timeline:

12th Aug - Lodged application at Australia House and made payment

17th Aug - Confirmation email from CO and request for further evidence (police check, Form80 and a couple more certified docs)

27th Aug - Sent all requested docs to Australia House by Special Delivery

4th Sept - I emailed our CO to check that she got extra docs and ask how long it would take for visa to be finalised. She emailed straight back saying the visa had been granted!

So in total, just over 3 weeks. We're off to Melbourne at the end of October!! So happy, goodluck to all still waiting and let me know if you need advice

Mich

Congratulations Mich!! That's so lucky coz you'd said that you'd booked your flights for end of Oct!

I hope I'm as lucky with timing as you've been!

Good luck with your future in Melbourne!

You wont believe it! I posted my aplication on Sat, they got it monday and took the cash. Today I received 3 more stat decs from MIL and friends that I had become impatient waiting for (I asked in April and have been poking ever since) Gave up and mailed it thinking I'd never get them.

So what do I do now, mail them with a cover letter or wait till I get a CO and mail them to them?

thanks guys : )

hey Shel send them in with a cover letter i recon, with ur details etc, name, date of birth, email address and that u have already sent in application for .....

or ring immithey mite be able to tell y if case officer has it in there hands yet and can give details if not yeah just send anyway, you want no delays hehe : ) xx

It has been almost 9 weeks now and I have heard nothing about my husband's visa apart from an email saying processing time is currently 3-4 months. It seems there are lots of people who have lodged their applications since ours and have already got their visas. It is really starting to get me down. Are there others who have been waiting so long?:confused:

9 July 2009 Application sent

13 July 2009 Email requesting further evidence, med and police check within 28 days or decision would be made without

30 July 2009 Further evidence, meds and police check sent

I have just spoken to CO and he was waiting for more evidence so that we could have a permanent visa. That is despite saying we only had one opportunity and until 10th August to provide it. We provided some but it was not enough. He is now going to finalise the application but can only consider a temp visa. Hope it is granted and soon

That seems strange they never mentioned the extra evidence before.

Looked at website and says that I can only hand deliver to Aus house from 9-11am, so will be Monday morning. Is that what you did Delboy?

Also, I have separated out forms with bits of paper and then was going to put in a big envelope, how did you package yours? Thanks.

Yes I went to Aus House between 0900-1100 and will be doing the same on Monday to get visa put in passport......so see you there. I had everything loose and was worried but when I got there and spoke to them they said thank god someone has done it right as if you dont do that they have to sit there and unstaple/unpin or take out of files.

hey congratulations delboy!!

hey hey go lahlay!!!!whoop whoop!! try not to keep obseesing and stressing rechecking it will kill ya hahaha.

yeah ii had like photos held together with a big bulldog clip thing, urm certain things had paperclips together anhad a mizture of loose paper and some paper as devision!! then put 2 big elastic bands around the final pile lol!!

hopefully won't be long for you ravensfield!

Nadine x

Yes I went to Aus House between 0900-1100 and will be doing the same on Monday to get visa put in passport......so see you there. I had everything loose and was worried but when I got there and spoke to them they said thank god someone has done it right as if you dont do that they have to sit there and unstaple/unpin or take out of files.

Yes, indeedy! See you there... I'll be the tall, brunette holding a mass of papers. Ha.

I went out with some friends from Sydney and they were showing me pictures of my home, Bondi... oh, felt so weird. But felt excited that this was the next step. Just praying now it'll happen soon!!

Thanks Nadine. When are you going? x

it will happen : )

im going middle of october, would like to go sooner but its me mums 50th and my brothers 18th coming up so gona hang on til then . yeah im going up to Aus house soon as well to get my visa put in passport i should go on monday too we can make a party out of it lol

Ha ha... meeting a friend for a celebratory wagamammas after all the stress and hard work. Is like an exam! Has been more stressful than my degree! Ha.

Right... Delboy and Nadine see you for coffee on Monday... Ha! x

Hi all

Just been reading through this discussion - great to read about others' experiences.

My pom fiance and I are just about to hand in his PMV 300 app... taken so long to get all the docs, and still waiting for stat dec and celebrant letter from Aus, argh!

Couple of Qs: what's this about form 80? Is that the Assurance of Support thing? I read that others were asked for it, should I do it up front or wait and see if they ask?

Also, did anyone see in the new updated version of the Partner Migration booklet, they say the processing time is 5 to 10 months!!!!! What?! Crazy! We want to go in Dec... thought 3 months would be enough time, but maybe not now...

What did people put down in Part E on form 40SP - address in Aus? I don't have one, been living in London for two years and will be setting up house with fiance when we get there...

Cheers guys, and congrats to those who just got their visas, been lovely reading about your ups and downs and final triumphs!! :-)

Sorry, just thought of another question - did you guys all get your paperwork returned to you? I'm sure we'd have to put in a prepaid envelope for them to return it, but do they actually do it or just some stuff?

Thanks

Kat

Also, did anyone see in the new updated version of the Partner Migration booklet, they say the processing time is 5 to 10 months!!!!! What?! Crazy! We want to go in Dec... thought 3 months would be enough time, but maybe not now..

EEK! Where did you see that? I've just been through the new version of the booklet but couldn't see that for looking. Was this in relation to onshore or offshore applications? Offshore applications seem to be taking less than half that amount of time so I hope this isn't a policy change.

We are about a month away from lodging ours and have been finding this thread so helpful for not just providing useful tips but also to give us as clear an idea as is possible of how long it could take.

EEK! Where did you see that? I've just been through the new version of the booklet but couldn't see that for looking. Was this in relation to onshore or offshore applications? Offshore applications seem to be taking less than half that amount of time so I hope this isn't a policy change.

Page 31 of the booklet http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/booklets/1127.pdf, in the PMV section, under the heading 'When and where you can marry' - scary stuff! So I guess that means it's offshore processing... doesn't make much sense. And that booklet was issued in July, so who knows if the info is that accurate now anyway...

Best of luck with lodging yours, Happy Lass, I'll be sure to post the results when we lodge ours, hopefully this week if stuff comes through from Aus... :skeptical::unsure:

hey kat i think i have replied to a few of ur other threads already, as u can prob see i was granted my pmv 2nd september, i sent it on the 13th August. hope that helps giv u rough estimate.

yeah i read the 5-10 months things t's scary, i think we are going to have a long wait when we apply for our nexts visa on shore ahhrrr. i think as soon as we get married in december i might get application ready to hand in again soon after. what would happen then if the new visa was granted before ur 9 months is up? would it be ready to start from the end of ur 9 months or would it cancel ur 9 months then staright to the 2 year temp visa? who knows.

also form 80 is a character check thingy very annoying , but best to just do and send wiht ur application.

urm did u say u were putitng an aditional letter/ note explaining that u haven't got an somewhere ot live yet?

u could always put a family member or friends address if u have any in oz with a lil note, or address not confirmed ? im not sure

good luck : ) !!