SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Guest TheresaM
I applied about 3 weeks ago. after about 10 days, a clerk emailed me on behalf of the case officer requesting some documents which was sent a week ago. No word from case officer since. I emailed both the CO and the clerk to confirm receipt of the documents but no answer. I even called the CO and left voice mail for an email confirmation, still no response.

Does any one know how long it takkes after requesting form 80? My case officer first initial is S and lastname starts with V. Any one has the same CO???

Your help is much appreciated.

PS: Thank you so much for your advice, I couldn't have finished the application without your help.

Hey eama,

I'm guessing that I have the same case officer as you from the initials that you gave. I have also had no response to emails that I have sent. I've never called, so can't comment there.

When I sent in my visa, I included form 80 because I'd heard that a lot of people were being asked for it. Thought that this might cut down processing time.

I've heard from other people who have the same case officer, and they have the same complaint. I sent my application away on 1st May.

I know that this post really doesn't help you much, but at least we know we're in the same boat together!!

Hi TheresaM,

Thanks a lot for your reply. I think the way she deals with applicants is disgusting. We all sent any requested documents promptly. She should at least send a standard response acknowledging receipt of documents.

Good luck with your application. It shouldn't be long now. I will keep you posted.

Guest TheresaM
Hi TheresaM,

Thanks a lot for your reply. I think the way she deals with applicants is disgusting. We all sent any requested documents promptly. She should at least send a standard response acknowledging receipt of documents.

Good luck with your application. It shouldn't be long now. I will keep you posted.

It's difficult to know what to do because you don't want to annoy them in any way, when you are waiting on something so important, but as someone pointed out to me, you are a customer who has paid for a very expensive service, so you should be treated in the appropriate way!

I'm the same as you, in that I sent away any further documents as quickly as I could. She didn't acknowledge receipt of these, but I emailed to check that she had received them, and she did actually send an email saying "Thank you".

I'll have been waiting for 12 weeks this Monday coming, so hopefully I'll hear good news soon.

Do you know where you are heading when you eventually get out there?

It's difficult to know what to do because you don't want to annoy them in any way, when you are waiting on something so important, but as someone pointed out to me, you are a customer who has paid for a very expensive service, so you should be treated in the appropriate way!

I'm the same as you, in that I sent away any further documents as quickly as I could. She didn't acknowledge receipt of these, but I emailed to check that she had received them, and she did actually send an email saying "Thank you".

I'll have been waiting for 12 weeks this Monday coming, so hopefully I'll hear good news soon.

I gave up on the case officer. I called Royalmail for confirmation of delivery which they should send this week. I am hopfully heading to Sydney but I will stay in Lithgow first for a while.

It looks like it's going to be a while until I hear back from the CO. I have only been waiting for 4 weeks. It's funny how I got impatient so fast :spinny: .

Good luck to all

Hi All

Thought I'd post our time lines as my wife had her visa confirmed just last week. We sent our visa app with medicals and police check included on Monday 15th June, we included a bankers draft so we didn't hear anything until Monday 29th June when they requested a completed form 80. We sent the completed form the next day and again heard nothing until the 21st of July when Michelle received an email confirming her successful application. All in all it took 5 weeks and 1 day, happy days we leave on the 10th of September and hopefully we arrive in Melbourne early in the new year after a spot of travelling through Asia.

Neil and Michelle

Hi TheresaM,,

Just wanted to let you know that I just had a reply from the CO assistant. She confirmed the receipt of my supporting documents. She also told me that our CO is on leave at the moment and she is taking over her case load. May be that's why your application is taking so long.

Cheers

Hi All

Thought I'd post our time lines as my wife had her visa confirmed just last week. We sent our visa app with medicals and police check included on Monday 15th June, we included a bankers draft so we didn't hear anything until Monday 29th June when they requested a completed form 80. We sent the completed form the next day and again heard nothing until the 21st of July when Michelle received an email confirming her successful application. All in all it took 5 weeks and 1 day, happy days we leave on the 10th of September and hopefully we arrive in Melbourne early in the new year after a spot of travelling through Asia.

Neil and Michelle

Congratulations!

Guest TheresaM
Hi TheresaM,,

Just wanted to let you know that I just had a reply from the CO assistant. She confirmed the receipt of my supporting documents. She also told me that our CO is on leave at the moment and she is taking over her case load. May be that's why your application is taking so long.

Cheers

Hey eama,

Thanks for that. It's actually a little reassuring! When it takes so long, lots of thoughts go through your head!!

Cheers!

Guest teammonkei

Posted our PMV application off yesterday. All frontloaded, did form 80 too as I've read this seems to be asked for a lot...

And the waiting begins. It really does seem to be a mixed bag from what I've read in here, everything from approval within 10 days to taking months to find out! We're going to assume the worst and anything less will be a nice surprise :)

I'll sit here in the waiting room with you guys in the meantime if you dont mind!

Congrats to everyone who has been approved recently!!

Guest TheresaM
Posted our PMV application off yesterday. All frontloaded, did form 80 too as I've read this seems to be asked for a lot...

And the waiting begins. It really does seem to be a mixed bag from what I've read in here, everything from approval within 10 days to taking months to find out! We're going to assume the worst and anything less will be a nice surprise :)

I'll sit here in the waiting room with you guys in the meantime if you dont mind!

Congrats to everyone who has been approved recently!!

Welcome aboard!

Now the waiting game begins for you too. PMV seem to be getting processed more quickly than defacto visas, so fingers crossed for you.

Where are you heading once your visa is approved?

Guest Undecided!

We've only gone and done it!!

Just logged on and VISA HAS BEEN GRANTED!!

Yippee hooray!! Celebrations tonight. I don't know whether it was intentional or just spooky timing, but it just so happens to be our 15th wedding anniversary today! What a great present.

Good luck to all of you still waiting....

Guest Prudi
We've only gone and done it!!

Just logged on and VISA HAS BEEN GRANTED!!

Yippee hooray!! Celebrations tonight. I don't know whether it was intentional or just spooky timing, but it just so happens to be our 15th wedding anniversary today! What a great present.

Good luck to all of you still waiting....

Perfect!

Congratulations!

I am feeling completely miserable!!! I lodged my application on the 20th april, front loaded + form 80 as cherry on top! Asked for extra bits and pieces, sent immediately. Had phone interview beginning of May and told nothing else needed. People are coming and going all around me...........my CO is probably on some Contiki tour around Greece and I'm sat unemployed and ready to go!!! Sorry to be a downer when you are all celebrating :-((

Guest Undecided!

Pinkk8 so sorry to hear about your plight.... it must be horrible to hear that other people are getting their visas granted all around you and you're still waiting... You're right, your CO is probably backpacking round Europe somewhere...! Try to remain calm and stay positive.... Maybe it's time to drop a polite little email to them....?

Guest TheresaM
I am feeling completely miserable!!! I lodged my application on the 20th april, front loaded + form 80 as cherry on top! Asked for extra bits and pieces, sent immediately. Had phone interview beginning of May and told nothing else needed. People are coming and going all around me...........my CO is probably on some Contiki tour around Greece and I'm sat unemployed and ready to go!!! Sorry to be a downer when you are all celebrating :-((

Hey pinkk,

I lodged my application on 1st May, so haven't been waiting quite as long as you, but still agggeeessssss!

My CO is on holiday right now, and I'm also in the same situation as you just waiting to go. I'm on holiday right now and I thought I'd be able to hand in my notice and not go back to work, but the holidays are passing and still no visa................

It's so hard when lots of people are getting their visa especially those who get it back in such a short time. Understand their celebrations - I'd be delighted too, but doesn't make it easier for those of us who have been waiting for ages!

These sites are great for advice but sometimes torture you too!!

I sent an email to my CO asking what stage my application was at - that was about 3 weeks ago - and no reply.

Good luck with hearing some good news soon. :-)

Guest teammonkei

Hi all!

Well we have some fairly good news... we got our email acknowledging receipt of the application and stating what seems to be the regular thing - 3-4 months processing time. However she has stated that she aims to get it all done ASAP so we're taking heart in it. A few more bits have been requestied, random things that werent mentioned originally but that's cool, we'll get it in ASAP and keep our fingers crossed!

Hope everyone else is getting along well :)

Hi teammonkei,

This is great news. Looks like you have an effecient CO. It took my CO 12 days to acknowledge receipt of my application. Good luck to us all.

Guest teammonkei

Thanks eama! we're both very excited and will spend today buzzing about getting all the stuff she's asked for.

Sorry Theresa I just noticed I hadnt answered you earlier - we're off to Melbourne where we'll live with my Aunty till we can get ourselves up and running! Can't wait to go home so let's hope our CO continues to be awesome.

Great news, got visa yesterday! 15 weeks exactly from when payment taken, CO apologised for delay. No idea what took so long. When I applied in April we were planning to leave beginning of September, I handed in my notice in May because that is the deadline for teachers - bit of a gamble. Then in mid June my mother was re-diagnosed with breast cancer after 22yrs in remission, we cancelled all our plans straight away. It was so stressful seeing my mum go through it again and at the back of my mind I knew I was going to be unemployed in a few months. Two weeks ago my mother got all her results back following her mastectomy and they were great - it hasn't spread, they have removed all affected cells and she doesn't require radiotherapy or chemo! Unbelievable relief - still hasn't sunken in! Anyway my mum really wants us to go to Oz and we have started making plans again - thing is my head is all over the place and I feel...actually I have no idea how I feel.

Anyway sorry to off-load all this, just don't really have anyone I want to talk to here.

Good luck to the rest of you!

x