SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Guest Nadjez

been a week now still not heard anything : (. i know they do say 5 to 10 working days to get a case officer, but recent timelines were showing just a few days to be allocated a case officer, boo hoo don't think i am gona get that speedy result i was hopin for.

Guest teammonkei

aww every time I get an email saying you've replied to something I get all excited, am disappointed for you that you havent had the same speed we had so far. You never know though!! I keep my fingers crossed :) xx

I am getting a bit worried as I haven't heard anything back about my husband's visa for ages.

9 July 2009 Application sent

13 July 2009 Email requesting further evidence, med and police check within 28 days or decision would be made without

30 July 2009 Further evidence, med and police check sent

We haven't heard anything since then. Should we be worried?:confused:

Hi Ravensfield,

You shouldn't worry about it. I had an email from my CO's assistant asking for form 80 and couple of documents 9 days after I submitted my application end of June, which I sent within 4 days. It's been nearly 8 weeks and I haven't heard a word since. I was told that my CO was on holiday for a month and she just returned 2 days ago. Good luck to us all.

Guest nettyoz

Quick question for Nadjez - have you been contacted by Australia house about your visa? They took our money on the day they received it in the post (last Tuesday) and have not received a call or email...

Guest Nadjez

hey netty i sent my application off 2 weeks tomorrow, they took money like 4 days after recieveing but have not herd anything else from them : (. we just have to wait netty good luck to us both : ) and let's hope we don't have to wait too long.

and keep us posted

Nadine x

Guest nettyoz

Cheers Nadine for the quick response. 2 weeks - they say they should respond within 10 days... Fingers crossed we hear something soon - as soon as I hear, I will put it up on this thread! Annette

Guest Nadjez

i know getitng very fustrated, think if have not herd anything by monday will giv them a lil ring as u say just to see if have got a case officer.

Guest LahLay

Nadjez, congratulations on putting your application in.

Short story - been back in UK for nearly 4 months as 457 expired so partner and I are going for de facto visa. Has taken us all this time to put forms together. Realised after last lot of forms he sent to me from Aus, that I'd forgotten to get him to certify his passport, so he's about to send that through. BUT... last night, after checking forms, again and again, I noticed that new forms for 40SP and 47SP had been put up on website... he'd filled his forms in in June, so are they out of date???? Does he have to redo them and resend them???? I'm gonna have a heart attack if so!!! I'm having my medicals today and thought we were at the very end of it, and hoping once to receive his passport copy next week to apply!

OH MY GOSH! This is heart breaking.....

Hi Lahlay,

my hubby and i put our spouse application in 2 weeks ago in sydney, and we used those old forms they had no problem with them :)

Hi

Just wanted to say I had noticed the date change on the web site download when I submited my application (27.06.09). As my OH is in Aus and I'm in UK, I didn't wish to wait. There appeared no difference in the forms other than the date, so I submitted anyway.

There were no problems. Medical 07.07.09 and visa granted 05.08.09

Hope this helps - Best wishes Poddy

Guest LahLay

OH thank God for that! I've been on the phone to my boyfriend and we were both panicking that we'd pretty much have to start all over again!!

Thanks Poddy and Nadjez. Going off in half an hour to do my medicals... last thing to do! Hooray!

Guest TheresaM

Well, sent away my application on 1st May......

money taken on about the 4th, and had contact by email from my CO a couple of days after that.............

I'm still waiting.........................:sad:

Guest TheresaM
TheresaM - are you waiting on a Partner Visa? Have they asked you for anything or are you just waiting???

Hi netty,

I applied for the defacto spouse visa. Once they received my application(in May), they asked for further evidence of my relationship and my police checks. They received everything they needed in June, and I have heard nothing since.

Guest nettyoz

OMG - WE GOT OUR VISA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Applied for Partner Visa on Monday 17th August (well sent it in the post), Australia House received it on Tuesday 18th and same day they took the money out.

Last Friday I sent an email via the feedback form on the Immi.gov.au website saying 'Hello - what is going on etc'.

Partner (who is the applicant) received an email this morning saying that the visa was granted last Wednesday (26th Aug) and we should have had an email from the case officer saying it was granted and next steps.

So it took 6 business days to get approved - I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!

So we are off in Dec 09!!!!!

Anyone else heard anything? If not, I would chase them via email!!

Thanks again to everyone on the forum for giving such amazing advice, I know our application would not have been as complete without you all!

Annette x

OH MY GOD! Annette, congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is sooooo quick! Did you frontload your application with police checks and medicals????

I think I'm putting my application in next Monday! I'm so nervous...

I can't believe how quickly you got yours through. It's great news.

Good luck with everything! Enjoy your champers tonight.:spinny:

wow congratulations netty oz that's fantastic i sent my application nearlly 3 weeks ago have not herd anything so shoule send an email, omg that's wonderfull!!

just checked diary i sent my application on 13th August, so do i send an email on the enqury form as i haven't even got a case officer to contact?

or ring them?

im furious just rang immi as sent prospective marriage visa in nearlly 3 weeks ago herd nothing, he said i have got a csae officer who has done initial assesment but looks like they are going to request a letter from celebrant . I SENT THE LETTER WITH THE COMPLETE FRONTLOADED APPLICATION!!!!!!!!! sorry im so mad , he gave me details of case oficer, i rang left a message but it wasn't even her voice mail, will send an email also, god it really gets my blood going , if they have lost the letter can i just send the photocopy, or do i have to get her to write another letter (she is away at the mo) oh my god when will they ring me ahhrrr!!!!

tried to sent email, doesnt work phoned again to confirm case officers details, got the correct number rang it but she is away til 8th september and cannot leave a voice mail : ( and the email address was right but it doesn't work for me. i am soo disapointed right now. but then on the other hand i suppose i can not be living in limbo for a week obsessing and checking emails as i know the case officer is away til next week.

fingers crossed.

Nadine

Oh Nadine, how disappointing indeed!! What a shame?! It seems like a lot of the case officers are away at the moment too... I don't see the problem with sending a copy, can you get it certified?

Good luck!