SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Getting a bit worried! We posted our defacto spouse visa application last Wednesday on the 8th (confirmed as delivered by the tracking number), and haven't had any details of confirmation as of yet. :(

Any one else have a bit of a wait before the application was confirmed to be received?

Guest Prudi

Hi cmd,

Mine was received on the 5th June and the card was charged the same day. Then nothing until the acknowledgement e mail on the 18th June, then nothing until the granted mail on the 10th July.

I know it`s a bit of a worry having no contact from them, but that seems to be the way they work... Have they taken your money yet?!

Guest TheresaM

1st May - visa sent away front loaded with meds

4th May - money taken from account

11th May - contact from C/O and asked for further evidence of relationship and police clearance.

9th June - police clearance received and further evidence

15th June - all additional documentation received by C/O

still waiting:goofy:

Theresa M, can I ask what you were asked for in further evidence, was it just police or maybe form 80?? Thanks and fingers crossed

1st May - visa sent away front loaded with meds

4th May - money taken from account

11th May - contact from C/O and asked for further evidence of relationship and police clearance.

9th June - police clearance received and further evidence

15th June - all additional documentation received by C/O

still waiting:goofy:

Guest TheresaM
Theresa M, can I ask what you were asked for in further evidence, was it just police or maybe form 80?? Thanks and fingers crossed

Hi Sin,

I had already sent away my form 80 with my application. They asked for my police clearance, and they also asked for further evidence of my defacto relationship. My C/O said that they didn't have enough evidence to make a decision. That made me panic! It's amazing what additional information you can find when you look for it though!

How is your application coming along?

Hey Theresa, Im waiting on police checks back and also waiting on stat dec and info to come from OH in Oz, had hoped to have his stuff back this week but he needs to get stat decs of mates and then get certified so taking longer.... also we dont have anything to prove he is working as was going to wait until his job offer contract to come through but they are waiting for role to be signed off so not sure what to do as will look like he hasnt a job, plus he has just wound up his limited company here in UK as had to go home for this job but we have no proof of end of year accounts as his accountant wont be able to prove for months! We have his accounts up to sept 08 but might just have to submit his business bank account. Not sure how much of the finance you need to prove for a defacto ? nightmare!

Hi Sin,

I had already sent away my form 80 with my application. They asked for my police clearance, and they also asked for further evidence of my defacto relationship. My C/O said that they didn't have enough evidence to make a decision. That made me panic! It's amazing what additional information you can find when you look for it though!

How is your application coming along?

Guest j00ls

Hi,

Don't know if this helps anyone but we called our case officer this morning to see what was going on with our application (grrrrrr) She advised that there is a backlog at the moment and processing can take up to 9 months now!!!!!

Fingers crossed for everyone out there!

Guest TheresaM
Hey Theresa, Im waiting on police checks back and also waiting on stat dec and info to come from OH in Oz, had hoped to have his stuff back this week but he needs to get stat decs of mates and then get certified so taking longer.... also we dont have anything to prove he is working as was going to wait until his job offer contract to come through but they are waiting for role to be signed off so not sure what to do as will look like he hasnt a job, plus he has just wound up his limited company here in UK as had to go home for this job but we have no proof of end of year accounts as his accountant wont be able to prove for months! We have his accounts up to sept 08 but might just have to submit his business bank account. Not sure how much of the finance you need to prove for a defacto ? nightmare!

Hi Sin,

Hmmm, from what I remember I put in my OH's wage slips. You have to prove that they can support you, as they are your sponsor. Also included his P60. Think it has to be his income for the last two years......

what a nightmare for you!!

Guest TheresaM
Hi,

Don't know if this helps anyone but we called our case officer this morning to see what was going on with our application (grrrrrr) She advised that there is a backlog at the moment and processing can take up to 9 months now!!!!!

Fingers crossed for everyone out there!

9 months? Oh my god. Now I'm depressed!

Guest Emcooper

that seems a bit extreme, considering, im sure i read someones took only a week....that was only a couple of weeks ago.

Guest j00ls
9 months? Oh my god. Now I'm depressed!

Don't get depressed! Our case officer has a habit of being very vague and skirting around the issue. Your Visa might be granted in no time!! All the best

PS. She could just be saying that to stop us ringing her so much :D

Guest TheresaM
Don't get depressed! Our case officer has a habit of being very vague and skirting around the issue. Your Visa might be granted in no time!! All the best

PS. She could just be saying that to stop us ringing her so much :D

Aww, thanks Jools!

Sent my application away on 1st May, and hoping that it won't take any longer than the 3 months. I'm on holiday just now and I'd love to be able to hand in my notice and not have to return to work - but who knows!

Good luck with your application - it seems to be taking ages - keep believing!!!

Guest inaroundroom

Medicals submitted in November 2008

18/06/2009 DeFacto Spouse Visa lodged at Australia house

18/06/2009 CO assigned and requested more evidence.

07/07/2009 Further evidence posted.

08/07/2009 Evidence received and Visa approved

So two days processing time?

Guest TheresaM
Medicals submitted in November 2008

18/06/2009 DeFacto Spouse Visa lodged at Australia house

18/06/2009 CO assigned and requested more evidence.

07/07/2009 Further evidence posted.

08/07/2009 Evidence received and Visa approved

So two days processing time?

congratulations on your visa being approved!

Can I ask if you lodged your application in person?

Wish there was some pattern as to how this system works. Some people getting their visa back in a week and others have waited as long as 16 weeks!

Does anyone know what they actually do once all of your documents, medicals etc have been approved?

I've been waiting for ages.............................

Guest inaroundroom

It was all posted to Australia house (special delivery not express mail) and they communicated back to us via email, when we responded back by email they pinged one back again with an update within an hour, which is quicker than I do for work and I don't consider myself a slacker either!

All ours fitted in a standard A4 envelope, I've heard of some people filling a box file, the less to read the less to ponder?

Just worrying about getting a job now, but trying to see what I can work out through a work connection, from one worry to another :-)

All the best with your application.

Guest TheresaM
I can't believe it bubba (congratulations ;-)) !!!! I'm left on my own!!! I submitted mine 19/04........gutted!

You're not on your own - I'll wait with you! lol Submitted my application on 1st May. No word either.

Anyone else gotten into an annoying habit of checking your emails about 5 times a day??!!

I applied about 3 weeks ago. after about 10 days, a clerk emailed me on behalf of the case officer requesting some documents which was sent a week ago. No word from case officer since. I emailed both the CO and the clerk to confirm receipt of the documents but no answer. I even called the CO and left voice mail for an email confirmation, still no response.

Does any one know how long it takkes after requesting form 80? My case officer first initial is S and lastname starts with V. Any one has the same CO???

Your help is much appreciated.

PS: Thank you so much for your advice, I couldn't have finished the application without your help.