SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

hey guys a case officer rang me from immi, she was my orginal case officer but had handed my application to the other one whilst she was away, she has gone through my paper work and found my letter from my marriage celebrant and will be finalising my aplication in next couple of days? what do ya recon this means, good news or bad news?

Guest nettyoz

Yes, fully front loaded, medicals would have got to the office about one week prior to us handing in the application. We sent the application with the UK Police Check. We sent an email using that standard form on the immi.gov.au website (under the UK location section).

Our CO is also out on holiday, but I think someone is watching / reviewing her emails as we sent an email saying we have heard that our visa has been approved and we received an email back a couple of hours later saying yes, congratulations etc etc. Bring your passport in, however your CO needs to manage it and she is off till the 8th Sept.

We aren't in any rush, so we will wait for her to come back.

If anyone hasn't heard back, I would send an email. You are suppose to wait 10 working days, but I couldn't wait and I am glad I emailed otherwise I would have never known we were approved!

Good luck everyone

hey guys a case officer rang me from immi, she was my orginal case officer but had handed my application to the other one whilst she was away, she has gone through my paper work and found my letter from my marriage celebrant and will be finalising my aplication in next couple of days? what do ya recon this means, good news or bad news?

Hey Nadine,

Sounds like a 'yes'! Surely, it'll be good news if they've found the letter they were looking for! Fingers crossed!!

AND, thanks for the information Netty!

Guest MishMash

Hi all,

This is our timeline so far:

12th Aug - Lodged application at Australia House and made payment

17th Aug - Confirmation email from CO and request for further evidence (police check, Form80 and a couple more certified docs)

27th Aug - Sent all requested docs to Australia House by Special Delivery

2nd Sept - Have not heard anything as yet...

I really hope we'll hear some good news soon. A couple of our friends applied this time last year and were approved within the week so we were shocked to receive the email stating that applications are currently taking between 3 and 4 months to process. We have flights booked for the 30th October so definitely want to hear something by then!

Does anyone else have a CO with a first name beginning with H and second beginning with F? She seems pretty efficient so far but would be good to hear that others are dealing with the same person.

Thanks and good luck to everyone! Fingers crossed!! x

MishMash - just curious to see what other certified docs you were asked for. Im going to be submitting mine in hopefully 2 weeks and hope to be over in December but still wondering about what to certify i.e. just passports/birth certs or everything. My partner sending alot from oz and isnt certiifying bank statements etc? just curious? thanks for antipcated help and hopefully yours will come soon!

Yes, fully front loaded, medicals would have got to the office about one week prior to us handing in the application. We sent the application with the UK Police Check. We sent an email using that standard form on the immi.gov.au website (under the UK location section).

Our CO is also out on holiday, but I think someone is watching / reviewing her emails as we sent an email saying we have heard that our visa has been approved and we received an email back a couple of hours later saying yes, congratulations etc etc. Bring your passport in, however your CO needs to manage it and she is off till the 8th Sept.

We aren't in any rush, so we will wait for her to come back.

If anyone hasn't heard back, I would send an email. You are suppose to wait 10 working days, but I couldn't wait and I am glad I emailed otherwise I would have never known we were approved!

Good luck everyone

NettyOz, can you let some of poor people who are still getting ready to submit whether you certified everything or just a few documents.? Always useful to know what others submitted who were successful.? Thanks and congrats, Sin

Guest MishMash
MishMash - just curious to see what other certified docs you were asked for. Im going to be submitting mine in hopefully 2 weeks and hope to be over in December but still wondering about what to certify i.e. just passports/birth certs or everything. My partner sending alot from oz and isnt certiifying bank statements etc? just curious? thanks for antipcated help and hopefully yours will come soon!

Hi SIN,

The certified docs requested were our birth certificates and passports. We did submit them with the application but we didn't use a solicitor to certify so had to re-submit.

We didn't copy any bank docs so sorry, can't help you out! Good luck!

Hey MM, thanks for that. I guess Im submitting OH's bank details and pay slips for assurance of support (even though I have money in bank etc). More looking at whether you certified everything i.e. all your supporting evidence but sounds like you did just the pp and birth cert and statements etc? Well done, Ive been mulling this for 3 months but nearly there now.....ready to submit once one of my OH's mates gets his finger out and does the 888 !!!! all good. thanks s

Guest TheresaM

Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Well, the day has finally arrived. Our visa was granted yesterday after 17 long weeks. Flights are booked and heading to the Gold Coast in October. Yipee!!!!:spinny:

Guest Emcooper

congrats theresa!! a verylong wait for you!

SIN we got all our supporting evidence certified (about 40 documents or so) I managed to find a solicitor that did the whole lot for £20 which was a bonus!

Guest MishMash

SIN we got all our supporting evidence certified (about 40 documents or so) I managed to find a solicitor that did the whole lot for £20 which was a bonus!

That is so cheap! I called around loads of solicitors in London and the cheapest I could find was £89 to certify 5 docs. The most expensive was £40 per doc (which the guy said was his 'special rate' for more than one document!!). Where did you go? In the end we were lucky and got a friend of a friend to do it but it took longer.

Still no news for us. Getting impatient now, although I know we haven't waited anywhere near as long as some people!

We're meant to fly out on 30th Oct. It's been 3 and a half wks now since applying...do you think we'll make it?? Please say yes, give me some hope!!

Guest TheresaM

Thanks to everyone for their congratulations.

It was a very long wait indeed. If you think that your visa is taking a long time, then my advice is to phone until you speak to your case officer. Sending emails doesn't always work............

To cut a long story short, my CO hadn't finalised my visa because I hadn't sent my police clearance - but in actual fact I had - in June.

Still everything has worked out in the end. Anyone else hoping to head the Gold Coast way?

Guest Aussierachel
Thanks to everyone for their congratulations.

It was a very long wait indeed. If you think that your visa is taking a long time, then my advice is to phone until you speak to your case officer. Sending emails doesn't always work............

To cut a long story short, my CO hadn't finalised my visa because I hadn't sent my police clearance - but in actual fact I had - in June.

Still everything has worked out in the end. Anyone else hoping to head the Gold Coast way?

Hey Theresa, congratulations on your approval!! We sent our application only a week ago, but the money has come out of our account, so I guess we're in the system! We haven't been contacted at all by anyone yet though, should we expect a call from a case officer soon, or are we supposed to call them? Not too sure how to go about checking application progress online either, although everyone else on this forum seems to know how to do it! Any advice greatly appreciated! We'll be heading to the Gold Coast, aiming for arrival in Jan. I'm Australian and grew up there, but my English Partner will be living there for the first time!

Good luck with everything!

Rachel

Hey Em, you were lucky, there is always the age old debate about what to certify and what not too, if I certify everything i.e. even cards and flights etc then this will cost me about £400.00 so trying to gauge who does what and it seems most people only do pp/birth cert etc and get away with it.... I dont see what certifying a copy of flights and hotel booking will do as they arent originals...just internet print offs but you played it safe and it worked....so maybe I should.... thanks for your help as per usual. you must be heading off soon???

Awesome news.....patience of a saint but worth it now....happy celebrating...

Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Well, the day has finally arrived. Our visa was granted yesterday after 17 long weeks. Flights are booked and heading to the Gold Coast in October. Yipee!!!!:spinny:

Guest MishMash

Hey everyone, we got our visa today!! Here's our timeline:

12th Aug - Lodged application at Australia House and made payment

17th Aug - Confirmation email from CO and request for further evidence (police check, Form80 and a couple more certified docs)

27th Aug - Sent all requested docs to Australia House by Special Delivery

4th Sept - I emailed our CO to check that she got extra docs and ask how long it would take for visa to be finalised. She emailed straight back saying the visa had been granted!

So in total, just over 3 weeks. We're off to Melbourne at the end of October!! So happy, goodluck to all still waiting and let me know if you need advice

Mich

OK so lodged our spouse visa ( we have been married 2 years this month, im an aussie) in person in Sydney had the interview he couldnt approve it there and then cause they needed a stat dec on why my previous marriage went bust so to speak ( they wanted the history and when i last seen him etc) So i handed that in 30 mins after we left, he gave us 28 days so i figured well im there i may as well get it done and handed back in.

Soooooooooooo Spouse App handed in on the 17th August and CO on the 17th August

We have rung them like 5 times and finally he got back to us and just said they had everything they needed and we just had to wait till they did the paperwork or whatever it is that they do, i wish they would hurry up!!

Congrats to all of you having urs approved, ive enjoyed reading this thread

hey guys finally got me visa yipeee!!!! it was actually granted last wednesday but they sent it to the wrong email address !!!! so rang today and she told me whoop whhoopp. so i sent application for prospective marriage visa on 13th August , they took payment on 17th August and visa was granted on 2nd september!!

whoop whoop right oh dear i better get packing!!