SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Page 31 of the booklet http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/booklets/1127.pdf, in the PMV section, under the heading 'When and where you can marry' - scary stuff! So I guess that means it's offshore processing... doesn't make much sense. And that booklet was issued in July, so who knows if the info is that accurate now anyway...

Best of luck with lodging yours, Happy Lass, I'll be sure to post the results when we lodge ours, hopefully this week if stuff comes through from Aus... :skeptical::unsure:

Blimey, so it is! Thanks for pointing that out, Kat. We were going to apply for the PMV but decided that we might as well just get on and get married then put in our application. Luckily we're not much for all the fuss that comes with weddings which is handy because I'm not sure I would recommend preparing a visa app and a wedding at the same time!

Best of luck with yours :)

Erm, yeah, that's what we're going through now - visa app and wedding planning! We've booked our reception venue without even seeing it, ha ha ha! Ah well, I'm not fussed as long as it happens etc...

Nice plan re. just doing the marriage thing. We thought of that, but it'd mean getting married in the UK and I don't know, something about it didn't sit right, we wanted to do it properly, whatever that means! :-)

hey kat i think i have replied to a few of ur other threads already, as u can prob see i was granted my pmv 2nd september, i sent it on the 13th August. hope that helps giv u rough estimate.

yeah i read the 5-10 months things t's scary, i think we are going to have a long wait when we apply for our nexts visa on shore ahhrrr. i think as soon as we get married in december i might get application ready to hand in again soon after. what would happen then if the new visa was granted before ur 9 months is up? would it be ready to start from the end of ur 9 months or would it cancel ur 9 months then staright to the 2 year temp visa? who knows.

also form 80 is a character check thingy very annoying , but best to just do and send wiht ur application.

urm did u say u were putitng an aditional letter/ note explaining that u haven't got an somewhere ot live yet?

u could always put a family member or friends address if u have any in oz with a lil note, or address not confirmed ? im not sure

good luck : ) !!

Thanks Nadjez - yes, that was me before asking inane questions about return of documentation etc... :err:

Wow, your timeframe was great given what I've read on here about some others - fingers crossed ours goes that fast too!!

I'd hazard a guess and say that the new temp partner visa will start when it's issued, so will override your 9 months thing on the PMV. But just a guess - I've worked in government for 7 years now and bureacracy still surprises me how illogical it can be! I reckon defo get the next app all ready to go, and then as soon as you're married, get your proper certificate, certify a copy, and submit the thing!

Form 80 is horrible! Since they haven't asked for it in the forms/docs, I'll have it ready to give them if they ask after... or try to get it ready, it's almost impossible to fill out all that info!

The thing with the address is that neither of my parents live in Sydney where we'll be settling, and the house I own is in Canberra, so can't really put that address either as I can be certain we won't live there. I've just said that's the address for correspondence, plus have given my mum's, so oh well, we'll see I guess...

Thanks!! :wink:

Nadjez, just logging on after a few days away ...OMG....so pleased for you and so quick....all that hassle was worth it....hope mine goes ok. Still waiting on stuff from Oz.. going now in Jan (hopefully) but panic off on submitting...but will do it soon....Cant wait to get to melbourne....cross everything for all of us and thanks for all your input over last months. :biggrin:

hey kat i think i have replied to a few of ur other threads already, as u can prob see i was granted my pmv 2nd september, i sent it on the 13th August. hope that helps giv u rough estimate.

yeah i read the 5-10 months things t's scary, i think we are going to have a long wait when we apply for our nexts visa on shore ahhrrr. i think as soon as we get married in december i might get application ready to hand in again soon after. what would happen then if the new visa was granted before ur 9 months is up? would it be ready to start from the end of ur 9 months or would it cancel ur 9 months then staright to the 2 year temp visa? who knows.

also form 80 is a character check thingy very annoying , but best to just do and send wiht ur application.

urm did u say u were putitng an aditional letter/ note explaining that u haven't got an somewhere ot live yet?

u could always put a family member or friends address if u have any in oz with a lil note, or address not confirmed ? im not sure

good luck : ) !!

I got my Spouse Visa subclass 100 granted today!!!

Sent off for Police checks: 10th August 2009

Application Submitted: 12th August 2009

Case Officer (C/O) Email: 17th August 2009

Went on holiday: 19th August 2009

Back from holiday: 30th August 2009 (Police checks arrived back)

Submitted police checks: 1st September 2009

Went for Medical/x-ray: 4th September

Medical posted: 11th September

Visa Granted: 15th September 2009

I know it looks really quick but mine was a very straightforward case. We have been married for 15 years and have 2 children, who although born in England have Australian citizenship by descent. It was really stressful getting the forms done and I got a lot of useful information from this site so thank you everyone!

Congrats, doesnt matter how easy or how hard, its still stressful ! well done. Also always useful to point out anything useful to rest of us on how you submitted yours i.e. format, who signed your stat decs/certified and how much info you gave...! Happy travelling to oz! sin

I got my Spouse Visa subclass 100 granted today!!!

Sent off for Police checks: 10th August 2009

Application Submitted: 12th August 2009

Case Officer (C/O) Email: 17th August 2009

Went on holiday: 19th August 2009

Back from holiday: 30th August 2009 (Police checks arrived back)

Submitted police checks: 1st September 2009

Went for Medical/x-ray: 4th September

Medical posted: 11th September

Visa Granted: 15th September 2009

I know it looks really quick but mine was a very straightforward case. We have been married for 15 years and have 2 children, who although born in England have Australian citizenship by descent. Back in 1994 I was granted a prospective spouse visa, we married in Australia and lived there until 1997, when we decided to come and live in England. The plan was to stay here 2 years but we have in fact stayed over 12, which was why I had to apply for a spouse visa all over again! It was really stressful getting the forms done and I got a lot of useful information from this site so thank you everyone!

Well done Penelope! As Sin says, no matter how straightforward, it's still full on and stressful! My fiancee is hopefully submitting his prospective marriage 300 this week (still waiting on a stat dec from Aus - we're in the UK). Thank goodness for a dear friend who is a lawyer - he's kindly agreed to certify our docs pro bono (poor guy, doesn't know what he's let himself in for, it's soooo many pages of stuff!)

Here's hoping ours is fast like some others!! :-)

Good luck with the prospective marriage visa Katc78. We were lucky getting the documents certified as we are also in the middle of selling our house here in England and I asked the solicitor who was doing our house sale if she would mind certifying some documents for me as well. When I dropped them off at the office the solicitor asked to see us (I thought there was going to a be a problem) but instead she wanted to have a chat as she and her boyfriend want to to emigrate to Australia, she just wanted to ask us a load of questions about it and was only too happy to help!

congratulations!!! and sin way hay nearly there, u tell them buggers to get a move on and send ur documentation from oz hehe

and keep us posted and thanks yay all the stress finally paid off hehe

Nadine x

I've got a case officer yippee, but they're asking for more information. They say the evidence is not enough to prove our relationship provide evidence to show you live together, specifically since you were married. :arghh:

I was focused on earlier me thinks, the 12 month thing.

What can I send? All the bills are in my name as hubby moved in with me. Would more letters, bank statements etc addressed to him here be enough?

They also want medicals and the PCC, no prob there. Oh and an address in Australia for the second part, suppose I'll give them my mother in laws?

Hi Shel,

With the caveat that I haven't applied yet (almost there!) I would think that the bank statements, letters etc. in his name sent to the address you both live at would be good. You could always provide an additional statutory declaration to say that you are married and living together too. Perhaps a photo or two of you both in the same house and even another with the house number, street (okay maybe a step toooo far but who knows?!) and all would do too?

As to the Australian address, I'd put your present address, your Mother-in-Law's address and a short explanatory note.

Best of luck :hug:

oh shel, yup put ur mother in laws address is it for the second part, and bank statments, letters any correrspondance with his name to ur address(where u both live) shoul be brill as it is in support of him living with u at that address, don't stress just send all correrspondance to him that has ever been sent to him at that address no matter how big or small, vouhers, junk mail, cards, invites, bank statments the lot chin up : )

and change all bills etc into both ur names asap hehe

Nadine x

Thanks guys, I was going to change the bills to joint names but they wouldnt let me without me sending my original marriage certificate!! No way was I sending that to a random mailing centre for British Gas etc..

Anyways I've gathered up council tax bill, (his names on that one, thought I'd sent it but oops) tax credit award notice's, DVLA letters, and bills etc. Think I'll ask my elderly, very sweet next door neighbour to write us a stat dec saying she knows we are living together.

They said no photos, videos, emails or letters to each other. Can only assume they want offical stuff like the bills, HMRC & DVLA etc.

They have given me 49 days for all of this which seems long to what others are given, can only assume thats because of the postal strike just about to hit us.

Hi shel

Good work on the CO! argh, bit annoying about the extra stuff they want... yes, I think that's good, if your husband has bills and stuff that come to the address you both live, that would prove you both live there. I take it he's not on the lease or anything? Is there any way you can get a letter from the landlord or something, just confirming he lives there?? I guess if you were really desperate you could call one of your utilites and get them to send out a new bill with both your names on it...

Yep, if that's where you'll be staying when you get to Aus, put down that address and then perhaps give a written statement explaining that you'll be at that address initially while you establish yourselves in Aus etc. That's what we're doing, as we're both in the UK and I've been over here two years now so don't have a permanent address to put down.

Good luck, fingers crossed it all goes well! Let us know how you go! :-)

Got visa today!

Frontloaded with meds and police checks!

Handed in application to London office on 14th Sept and received an email granting visa today, 22nd Sept!

Good luck everyone, and thanks for all your support, help and good wishes. Bondi here I come! x

Brilliant stuff LahLay, wow, that was FAST!!! Ours wasn't front loaded with the meds, but fingers crossed it still goes fast like yours! Well done, very impressive - I think you've set a new record! :-) Might see you in Bondi sometime soon... :-)

It would seem like it's a record! I couldn't sleep last night with nerves and excitement. Now to break the news to my folks that I'm going back sooner than they thought!

Got visa today!

Frontloaded with meds and police checks!

Handed in application to London office on 14th Sept and received an email granting visa today, 22nd Sept!

Good luck everyone, and thanks for all your support, help and good wishes. Bondi here I come! x

Congratulations! Can't believe it was so fast!

We sent ours off in early July. Got an email a week later asking for more info/medicals, which were promptly supplied... Nothing since. Case officer isn't answering emails. Gah!

Guest Aussierachel

Sigh, ours feels like it is taking ages!! I keep reading everyone's posts saying theirs was granted within a week!! I was hopeful at first that we could be one of the lucky ones....but we didn't even get a case officer for two weeks!! We have been asked for more info - needed to get another copy of birth certificates certified more officially and also send in original or my english fiance's passport. Do you think this means they are going to put the visa in straight away and that the visa has been granted?

Ugh, we had her. She was tough, but she did answer my emails (usually), funnily enough. I didn't sendher many though, usually just following up after sending her the required information. She was the one who wasn't going to grant our Visa as she thought we didn't fit the requirement, but fortunately she changed her mind. She went away for a week and we had someone else do a follow up call and she was SO much nicer and we think she may have been the one to actually OK our approval.

Either way, good luck to everyone who is still waiting!

No way! I'm really sorry! I feel bad now... that's terrible. I really wasn't expecting it so quickly, and thought the evidence we provided may not be enough, as my boyf is on the lease and I'm on the bills.

Well good luck, and hope it goes through soon.

I really wanted to be back for next weekend as it's a friend's wedding, but called Virgin to rebook my return and it's fully booked until 26th Oct! Gutted...