SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

hi nadine

sounds like you off soon, when and where are you going, we have our flights booked for 1st Jan just waiting on decision now for visa to be granted.... all in all how long did yours take and did they ask for additional info... if so once you had supplied this how long after did it take to get approved..... ive never known anything cause this much anxiety hahaha...

I've been told that nothing is as stressful as buying a house...anyone who said that can't have applied for a visa! I must admit that now we're so close to lodging our app. I'm enjoying the rush to get it all done but I know I'm going to be just made of nerves once we actually submit it and will be camped out by my computer until we get the news.

I'm glad to read that you got your police check from the AFP in 11 days that gives me hope :) I sent mine off on Monday after being told that it would be a good idea to get one done because of the amount of time I have spent in Australia over the past 4 years so I've been kicking myself a bit for not thinking of it earlier and sending it off before this week. :cool:

Hi happylass

Totally agree, i have brought a couple of houses in my time gone through a marriage and then divorce and none of it was anywhere near as stressful as applying for a visa.

I am also on another forum, British expats and another family had the same issue with us with being asked for an australian police certificate they sent theres a day before i did and recieved theirs in the UK a day before I did so I was not a one off case they seem to be processing quite quickly, so i would not stress this time next week you will have it im sure... will you not just put your app in with a covering letter that the oz police certificate is on its way, because by the time they receive your application open your file take payment and get in touch it seems to be a few days after in which time you will be sending them the oz certificate....Just a thought, i have used a migration agent thinking it would take the pressure and stress off uh urghhh... keep us updated with your progress :)

Guest carorich

10/08/09 - 309 Visa Lodged via agent front loaded

12/08/09 - Payment taken

13/08/09 - Case Officer emailed requesting further information

21/09/09 - Case Officer received further information (took a while due to waiting for duplicate statements from bank)

25/09/09 - Visa Granted!!

17/10/09 - Emigrating!

Carorich, thats useful to see current speediness. Can i ask what further information was required? Also did you certify bank statements? thanks for help

10/08/09 - 309 Visa Lodged via agent front loaded

12/08/09 - Payment taken

13/08/09 - Case Officer emailed requesting further information

21/09/09 - Case Officer received further information (took a while due to waiting for duplicate statements from bank)

25/09/09 - Visa Granted!!

17/10/09 - Emigrating!

hi eveyone

Just thought i would share my good news my defacto visa was granted today :biggrin::biggrin:

My timeline is as follows

Sent application 16th September

CO contacted agent 22nd September requesting Australian Police check due to new policy with sponsoring children.

submitted police check Friday 9th October

Visa granted 14th October

So bearing in mind we waited 1.5 weeks for the police check to arrive from OZ, this was turned around rather quick. I also did not supply as much as some people I have read on here, so did worry I would be asked for more, but all was good

So flights are booked for Brisbane on Jan 1st, new year new start and all that

Good luck to those of you who are waiting I hope yours is turned around as quick as mine.

congrats, i bet its a relief, I am dying to get mine sent off..... we are waiting for stat decs, and so close to 5 years wondering if its worth waiting the extra couple of months

Hi Jayde

oh you wont believe how much of a relief it is when you get that email... if you are so close to 5 years and not in any hurry to get over there it would definately be worth waiting to get the PR, saying that it does not look so stressful applying for the second part in two years with the temporary, we were way off the 5 year mark as we have been together 2.5 years.

Good luck with whatever you decide and it wont take them that long to process with how quick they are getting through them at the moment.

Congratulations :hug:

I posted the forms for my Australian police certificate last Monday and received it yesterday. My British police certificate is ready so should be picked up by the courier company and delivered any day now. We've been having great fun getting the stat decs done and then certified at the nearest police station :policeman: We still haven't got our own statements finished up though... working on it! We'll be lodging our application in-person on Thursday next week.

Guest colodie

Big sigh of relief....our visa was granted today! So it took a little over 6 weeks from the first contact from our CO, pleased with that.

Now, to get passport off to London to get the visa put in (hopefully quickly as we our heading off to Australia in a little over two weeks) - heres hoping the postal strikes wont affect things too badly!

Thanks Nadjez :smile: My British police certificate has just arrived so all we need to do now is finish writing our relationship statements and we're ready! I don't know if I'm really nervous or really excited. We'll be leaving tomorrow night to fly to Auckland to lodge in-person. When do you fly out to Australia?

hey happy lass, i flew into perth Friday : ) been spending time with Shane as he took a few days off work, he's gone back to work now, bought meself a lil red car : ) and hopefully wont be long before im working too, good luck keep us posted

Guest siamsusie

HappyLass and Nadjez wishing you such a happy life here in Australia. Good luck in NZ HappyLass and Nad welcome to Australia I have been following your UK adventures and pleased at long last your with your man. Hugs ss x

Wow, brilliant stuff Nadjez - you're there! I too have been following your process, great to see you finally made it!

Best of luck with handing in your app, Happy Lass - you sound really well organised!

And well done to those who got their visas granted, sounds like they're being processed fairly quickly...

Having said that, we'll still waiting... hmm... I don't know how efficient our CO is... but I did find out one useful snippet of info, about London anyway: applications are allocated to COs based on the surname of the applicant - ie. all applications where the applicant's surname begins with 'A' get assigned to CO John Smith, etc etc... I can't say anything really bad about our CO yet, just that she hasn't really been in proper contact, which is annoying, but who knows what the circumstances are... I just wish we'd get an email from them!!

Hey guys an update from me....

309 Lodged in person on Tuesday 6th October. C/O assigned and additional info requested Monday 12th October Visa granted TODAY.....Wednesday 21st - Good luck to everyone else Jen (P.S If your surname begins with a W it was pretty quick!)

congrats jenny, good time frame too!! hope mine is quick!

I have seen a few comments re initials etc....is it a case that if your surname is a certain letter you get a quick CO??? someone before mentioned this ! just curious ! mine is F ...:-(

Hey guys an update from me....

309 Lodged in person on Tuesday 6th October. C/O assigned and additional info requested Monday 12th October Visa granted TODAY.....Wednesday 21st - Good luck to everyone else Jen (P.S If your surname begins with a W it was pretty quick!)

thanks siamsuzie and katc78 yeah it's been a while so pleased we are finally together again : )

happy lass have a safe jorney to nz and good luck with handing in application, again keep us posted and good luck !!!!

and congratulations jennyw that was quick !

hay katc78, you know you can get ur case officers tel number, normally they say they wont answer but will get back to you when you leave a message, i have left a message once got a phone call back, on the day that i was properly told i had my visa granted my case officer actually answered that phone call!!!

or justy sit tight and hopefully you hear somthing soon, you had to send in form 80 and have had ur cert papers back hopefully it wont be long good luck : )!

Guest brummie39

application sent 20/10/09,

payment taken 20/10/09

CO assigned 20/10/09

police & meds: front loaded

police cert sent front loaded

meds sent: Front loaded

Ours has happened all in one day, was surprised at that. C/O requested more proof of marriage, and full birth certs for applicant and our son. Sponsor ship seems to be fine. Now we just wait.

Lodged Defacto Visa in Person today 23/10/09 in person off shore at Australia House, London. Payment taken there and then. Advised that a case officer would be assigned within 7 days. Front loaded with Medicals (always sent to Aus Hse in July), UK Police Checks, Form 80.

The waiting game begins..... I hope I have put in enough.

FYI turned up around 9.15 and there was no one there apart from 2 people who were there for a 3 week business visa. I forgot my credit card pin and had to put on debit card £870.00, so hopefully I didnt look like a fraudster! Whole thing took 15 minutes. Such a relief to get rid of it!

So glad to get rid of this

Ooh good luck SIN! :hug:

Kat, I might have been organised but I definitely didn't feel it :)

We had an appointment to lodge our application in-person at the Australian embassy in Auckland on Thursday morning and had it granted exactly 24 hours later! I don't know what their normal processing time for partner visas is but I think it is normally similar to London. It was busy on both the Thursday and the Friday when we went back in so I imagine they have a lot of applications to work through. We were absolutely amazed at how quickly it was done and can't speak highly enough of the case manager we met and of all the staff there. We got back home (yay it's so good to be able to say that at last) to Hobart this morning and haven't even unpacked yet. I can definitely say that the news had not yet sunk in and I keep checking my passport to make sure that I didn't dream it all up!

Awesome HL, bet you are thrilled! I am scared as you never know if you put in enough, I could have put in more bills and more evidence but didnt know how much....put in about 4/5 bills and our mortgage agreement and title deeds and about 40 printed photos and 20 holiday itineries and loads of bank statements showing money transferring across so hopefully it will all be ok. Im hoping our house ownership will be a massive bit of evidence! I am hoping I can get it before end of november but unlikely as I want to resign from work first week of december. MY OH wants me over beginning of Jan but we will see as will need to have loads of goodbye parties..... its scary and daunting as well as everything else. I havent seen too mnay being rejected as i think everyone on here seems to have good applications. Thanks to everyone for all the help over past 4 months.....and wishing you HL a wonderful life in oz! I cant wait to get to melbourne. Just off a 4 hour video call to my man and always makes me sad when we say goodnight....soon though.....

:hug:That sounds like absolutely loads to me. We didn't have anywhere near as many photos as you or as many trips together. We did have lots of bills, a joint account and we also printed out lots of e-mails and chat logs over the past 4 years plus 4 years of telephone bills. We reduced the chat logs down to just 2 pages out of each month because we talked a LOT when we were physically apart and each month was over a thousand pages!

I really hope that you won't have to wait long for that positive decision and I wish you both the very best :hug: Keep us posted!

Thought i would add my stats, limited as they are!

Application Sent (fully front loaded): 16th October

Payment Taken: 20th October

Just hoping to hear from my case officer soon