SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Well I finally feel happy to join this thread, about to put my application in the post and hoping I can get out to Aus in June on a tourist visa. I too was a bit thick and didn't realise the charge had gone up until I had a chat with Snifter, thank goodness!

Guest guest80131
thanks snifter for the quick reply .. one last question do I apply through immi website ?

Andy

http://www.immi.gov.au/visitors/tourist/evisitor/ is the eVisitor visa which I've used before and is free. Processing times very quick.

http://www.immi.gov.au/visitors/tourist/976/ is the ETA Visitor which I don't know too much about.

Cheers

I've lodged! Tonight, sent off special delivery! Oh the relief! Husband and I started hopping about on the spot with joy in the middle of The One Stop!

Hey!!! Hope everything goes swiftly for you! I just received my evidence back in the post today. Kinda surprised how fast everything ended up happening... I'm hoping this might be a sign of the back logging being decreased! Hopefully we might get our visas earlier than expected!

Hey!!! Hope everything goes swiftly for you! I just received my evidence back in the post today. Kinda surprised how fast everything ended up happening... I'm hoping this might be a sign of the back logging being decreased! Hopefully we might get our visas earlier than expected!

They will send a long email letter and it will tell you 8-9 months. I'd not get too excited.

Guest guest80131
I just received my evidence back in the post today. Kinda surprised how fast everything ended up happening... I'm hoping this might be a sign of the back logging being decreased! Hopefully we might get our visas earlier than expected!

I hate to burst your bubble, but our application was received on 12th July, my evidence was returned within a week, and we are now into February (give or take a few hours) and I have heard no further. Sorry, but snifter sums it up perfectly here...

They will send a long email letter and it will tell you 8-9 months. I'd not get too excited.

Was just reading a post from someone who applied in mid September and received a mail saying your visa will be granted in the timescale stated ,, I never recieved any email like that and I am just wondering How many people recieve this email and why some people do and some people do not ??

Was just reading a post from someone who applied in mid September and received a mail saying your visa will be granted in the timescale stated ,, I never recieved any email like that and I am just wondering How many people recieve this email and why some people do and some people do not ??

Check your email. Are you sure it didn't end up in spam or somewhere? It is all in a PDF attached so pehaps your spam filter pulled it. Or did you not select to be contacted electronically perhaps?

Check your email. Are you sure it didn't end up in spam or somewhere? It is all in a PDF attached so pehaps your spam filter pulled it. Or did you not select to be contacted electronically perhaps?

No I have checked all emails and been in contact with CO .. I did not receive any correspondence from them after my medicals where done or PCC were sent in ,,the only mail I have received was telling me I got a new CO .. so it makes me wonder if others have not recieved this mail either

Ok holiday visa applied for cant wait I get to see my lovely wife again after 4 long months ..

Edited by Andy Wixted

Is it normal for the evidence supplied to be returned before the visa is approved. We applied in September, had to supply extra evidence twice and then received the request for Medicals/police checks. No mention of returning documents. We applied in the uk, but are both now in Australia waiting, which our case officer is aware of. Is it possible that she sent them to our previous address or is the fact she's hanging onto them a bad sign?

Thanks

Is it normal for the evidence supplied to be returned before the visa is approved. We applied in September, had to supply extra evidence twice and then received the request for Medicals/police checks. No mention of returning documents. We applied in the uk, but are both now in Australia waiting, which our case officer is aware of. Is it possible that she sent them to our previous address or is the fact she's hanging onto them a bad sign?

Thanks

Hi Austate,

As far as I know, COs only return documents where you specifically request this, and include a stamped addressed envelope for their return. I didn't bother asking for any of my documents/evidence to be returned as almost everything I sent was a copy of an original.

So, in your case, no need to worry about bad signs!

Hi Kkr,

I'm almost ready to send mine off. I'm assuming from your post that I can send photo copies of bills, banks statements etc?

Thanks

Yes, photocopies of bills and bank statements is absolutely fine. Only the more important documentary evidence must be a certified copy (ie. birth certs, passport).

Hi all,

After some advice, please. We're applying for a partner visa (I'm Aussie and other half is British) but would like to relocate to Australia sooner than the ninth month processing time.

I've read about families moving out a bit earlier by using a tourist/holiday visa at first. I'd like to know if the British member of the family (the one applying for a partner visa) has to have a return ticket to the UK when entering Australia? Or is it possible for them travel with just a one-way ticket and show proof of funds if questioned at immigration?

Thanks!

Guest GeorgeD
Hi all,

After some advice, please. We're applying for a partner visa (I'm Aussie and other half is British) but would like to relocate to Australia sooner than the ninth month processing time.

I've read about families moving out a bit earlier by using a tourist/holiday visa at first. I'd like to know if the British member of the family (the one applying for a partner visa) has to have a return ticket to the UK when entering Australia? Or is it possible for them travel with just a one-way ticket and show proof of funds if questioned at immigration?

Thanks!

Yes, that's generally OK too...remember that to be granted the Offshore visa they need to be offshore at time of grant, so the applicant will need to leave Oz to be granted the visa. Most go to NZ or Bali for a few days/week. You also don't have any work rights while on a tourist visa, so make sure you have plenty of funds...

Thanks

If you've included a self addressed pre paid return envelope then they will return documents to you they do not require to keep hold of or originals.

We included a £3 pre paid as a precaution and got it back within two days of our CO first making contact after we submitted our application. We submitted all our supporting evidence as copies and they kept these. The only thing they returned was the photos.

Hi all,

Thanks!

We are thinking of doing this. And me applying for a 3 month tourist visa. I can't have my medical till April and police check not till a bit before then and so the 3 month one should be fine as we don't want to go more than a month or two before visa grant is due.

I will also be doing this, we plan to head out in June so in about five months time, so I'll be applying for a six month visa I think. Not sure how yet though or which one, will cross that bridge when I come to it!

Money has just gone out of my account, so someone has tipped the contents of my envelope out, ball is rolling. :)

Fiance is here with me on a three month tourist visa at the moment. The end of his tourist visa will bring us to the middle of the 8-9 months wait.... Here's hoping the grant time coincides. It's making us both a bit nervous.

So no grants lately? Seems to have gone a bit quiet.... Maybe it is true that they arent going to grant around this time so that they catch up with the 8-9 month wait.

Guest GeorgeD
More than 3 months since I've submitted my second stage docs... Still no news yet. Very worried :(

Mine took 5 months and I was told it was 8-10 months normally, so honestly...don't worry about it! Out of the blue I got a letter through the post saying my PR had been granted. Physical letter, not emailed.

Guest guest80131

Spoke to my CO this week and she said that they're still looking at April for mine, which would be 9 months. If she gets the go-ahead to process more and if she can push ours through any earlier then she will, but at this stage it's still looking like the full 9 month period for me.