Jump to content

You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!


Cost of moving to Oz

Recommended Posts

@Corrina If you're thinking about Perth, or Western Australia in general, then as well as a visa to enter Australia you also need a G2G pass to enter the state.  I think Tasmania is the same.

I'm here on a 482 visa so my employer has picked up the tab for most things but I still managed to underestimate the costs of moving to Australia especially when it came to my pension/super.  As I might not be here long term I have managed to do some good Wombling to pick items up free or cheaply off Gumtree.  There are "Buy Nothing" Facebook pages in WA (don't know if you get these across Australia) where you join your local group and people give away stuff they no longer need for free to someone in the local area.  We also have verge collections throughout the year where people just dump what they no longer want on the verge and a couple of days later the city then comes to take it away.  A lot of it is crap but occasionally you find a gem especially if you wonder round the posher suburbs.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now