Toots

Fabulous weather in Brisbane! Loads of summer rain (it's typical here for this time of year and was much needed apparently) but sunny and warm. Perfect for great walks on the beach and grabbing a coffee from one of the lovely open air cafes on the coast. Loving it, loving life!

On 26/10/2017 at 15:55, Toots said:

^^^^^

Yes Ozzie get your washing in and your car under cover as the hailstones can cause a bit of damage.  Hope the weather doesn't get too severe!

Hail srtipping trees, and smashing  the  pathetic 3mm thick windows,in the poorly build  Houses in Qld.And all over Australia. Houses in Australia need to be built for the weather here.But that would make them completely unaffordable. They are like Ovens in the summers prolific heat, much hotter now, than 35 years ago,and  like fridges and damp in the winter..

20 minutes ago, Zack said:

Hail srtipping trees, and smashing  the  pathetic 3mm thick windows,in the poorly build  Houses in Qld.And all over Australia. Houses in Australia need to be built for the weather here.But that would make them completely unaffordable. They are like Ovens in the summers prolific heat, much hotter now, than 35 years ago,and  like fridges and damp in the winter..

It's up to house owners to fix their house up comfortably.  I agree the majority of houses are built to a poor standard but you can make them comfortable.  It's many a long year since we bought our first house in the UK.  It was a terrace built in the Edwardian era.  Freezing it was in winter.  We put in central heating, insulation and double glazing to make it comfortable.   My husband has always made sure any house we've owned here is comfortable in winter and summer.  We don't have to worry about the heat here in Tassie  but our house is lovely and cosy in the winter months.

How are your plans going for your return to the UK?

2 hours ago, Zack said:

Your house might be poorly built but ours certainly isn’t. It has reverse A/C for cooling and heating and definitely isn’t damp.

Your posts are always so excessively negative I wonder if they’re really what you believe or if ‘Zack’ is simply an online character that you’ve created :nah:

Edited by Drumbeat

5 hours ago, Ozzie said:

Fabulous weather in Brisbane! Loads of summer rain (it's typical here for this time of year and was much needed apparently) but sunny and warm. Perfect for great walks on the beach and grabbing a coffee from one of the lovely open air cafes on the coast. Loving it, loving life!

I hate it,lol, but i hate the rain full stop, even if we do need it. Its just started here again and some thunder is rolling in so not sure how long it will last but fingers crossed its not long,lol.. I could quite happilly skip wet season.

Cal x

41 minutes ago, calNgary said:

I hate it,lol, but i hate the rain full stop, even if we do need it. Its just started here again and some thunder is rolling in so not sure how long it will last but fingers crossed its not long,lol.. I could quite happilly skip wet season.

Cal x

Just finished a round of golf.  Pretty warm and humid and lots of casual water from the recent heavy rainfall.  Though I like the heat today was probably a little too humid even for me lol.

On 10/26/2017 at 15:55, Toots said:

^^^^^

Yes Ozzie get your washing in and your car under cover as the hailstones can cause a bit of damage.  Hope the weather doesn't get too severe!

@Toots no hail nor wind. Just rain rain rain. Stopped tho, hasn't rained again since yesterday morning. No damage or detriment caused to us or near us, was lovely as it made everything nice and cool. 

1 hour ago, Quoll said:

Our place in Canberra just copped a lot Canberra flooding  Fortunately our house is ok but this is an adjacent suburb and on YouTube there’s a video of the storm water drain doing its work just down the road from us. I don’t think I’ve ever seen it like that in 30+ years. But a flash flood is a flash flood.

we went to canberra this weekend to see husbands sister & we all went to canberra show after lunch today. it was raining in the morning but stopped in the afternoon & we didnt even realise there was any flooding till we saw the news. came as a bit of a surprise.glad your house was ok.

7 hours ago, Zack said:

Never read so much bs.  50 years and lived in houses in every state and territory and they’ve been fine and certainly not ‘damp’.  Strange post this

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Booma said:

we went to canberra this weekend to see husbands sister & we all went to canberra show after lunch today. it was raining in the morning but stopped in the afternoon & we didnt even realise there was any flooding till we saw the news. came as a bit of a surprise.glad your house was ok.

50mm rain in no time flat apparently at the airport but just talking to my son who said a neighbor with a gauge in his yard recorded 120mm which is enormous!

Love the Canberra Show!

Edited by Quoll

9 hours ago, Zack said:

Our house in Brisbane was pretty ordinary, very cold in the winter and very hot in the summer. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Toots said:

Starting to feel quite autumnal and today is the first day of autumn.  It was 21C this afternoon but 13C during the night.  

I made my first visit to Tasmania this new year holiday and was blown away by it. It reminded me in lots of ways of parts of Scotland and Wales I'd visited when I was younger -all  dramatic vistas, quiet coves and secret beaches. I bet the autumn months there are stunning. Looking forward to visiting again one day. 

• Like 2

On 25/02/2018 at 22:20, bristolman said:

Our house in Brisbane was pretty ordinary, very cold in the winter and very hot in the summer. 

So why didn’t you fix it as normal folk do instead of whinging about it?  Insulation and air con isn’t that hard to organise

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Saurer Pfirsich said:

I made my first visit to Tasmania this new year holiday and was blown away by it. It reminded me in lots of ways of parts of Scotland and Wales I'd visited when I was younger -all  dramatic vistas, quiet coves and secret beaches. I bet the autumn months there are stunning. Looking forward to visiting again one day. 

We've visited and my hubby said "if people miss the UK they should come here" - beautiful part of the our country and hubby said it reminded him of Wales.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ali said:

We've visited and my hubby said "if people miss the UK they should come here" - beautiful part of the our country and hubby said it reminded him of Wales.

we visited tasmania a couple of years ago. seemed like every second person we talked to had a british accent. my ozzie husband said he was starting to wonder if we had got on wrong plane ?

• Haha 1

On 28/02/2018 at 18:12, Sandgroper said:

Perfect just perfect gotta love a Perth Autumn, in-laws are still here and so glad they are away from England (and not just for the weather ;))

image.png.7e9ad743dfd18199ca0a5d297c80652c.png

I am coming back to Perth at the end of April so I'll be interested to see what the weather is like in late autumn, beginning of winter. Then, all being well, I shall come back again in another 3 months to experience early spring (and the wild flowers).

Sydney winters are relatively benign but the lack of decent heating makes many of the homes unpleasant and distinctly lacking in any sense of "cosiness."