Toots

It’s cloudy and only 21 in my part of Adelaide at the moment and only forecast to get up to 25.  Which is annoying as I have loads of washing I want to get dry (should have done it yesterday when it was much warmer and sunny - I will know better next time).  

I love Adelaide in autumn when the days are still warm but it cools down over night.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Goofy2018 said:

In Brisbane it's 10:30 a.m. and 32°C. I'm inside with the aircon on but will need to head out shortly :S:S:S. Not looking forward to it. 

Screenshot_20180304-103135.jpg

I'm just hoping it'll precipitate it down :-)

Believe it or not, wednesday evening by 7.30 I was sat with a fleece on and travel rug around my legs drinking spiced rum to warm up...............it's so much cooler up in them thar hills!............especially at night

3 minutes ago, Johndoe said:

I'm just hoping it'll precipitate it down :-)

Believe it or not, wednesday evening by 7.30 I was sat with a fleece on and travel rug around my legs drinking spiced rum to warm up...............it's so much cooler up in them thar hills!............especially at night

I'm slightly jealous now LOL. Yeah there's no such thing as Australian weather; it varies so much depending on where exactly you live. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Goofy2018 said:

I'm slightly jealous now LOL. Yeah there's no such thing as Australian weather; it varies so much depending on where exactly you live. 

You're right, I couldn't possibly live where you're living!   I don't tolerate humidity at all well.   That's why I'm in Melbourne now instead of Sydney!  It is funny how we're all different in the way we react to heat.  My sister adores hot weather whereas I'll be inside with the air con on.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Marisawright said:

You're right, I couldn't possibly live where you're living!   I don't tolerate humidity at all well.   That's why I'm in Melbourne now instead of Sydney!  It is funny how we're all different in the way we react to heat.  My sister adores hot weather whereas I'll be inside with the air con on.

I was going to ask where you are living now Marisa. Last time I discussed anything with you I think you were still in Soton area - was it Woolston?  I'm out of the loop regarding your "trajectory." 

It was "close" in Sydney on Saturday (3 March 2018). I've been looking after a friend's dog and walking him twice a day. Yesterday I went through 4 shirts. Today, Sunday, there's been a change but it's a pleasant one with strong but not blasting winds and early 20s temperature.

Walking the dog twice a day has brought me up to my 13,000 steps daily target I set in Perth when I was also walking twice a day.

6 hours ago, Sandgroper said:

Just got back from taking the dogs to the beach another stunning day in WA :cool:

Which beach was it? My only whinge about Perth was that in the afternoons when I like to go to the beach it always seemed to blowing a gale. I guess I should have developed the habit of an early swim because it was very pleasant at Cottesloe on Xmas Day at 6am

I've lost my desire to go to the beach, perhaps because I work from 4pm to 9pm Monday to Friday, my fave time to go the beach, and also because I no longer have a car and a bus ride does not appeal to me.

On 12/02/2018 at 11:09, Sandgroper said:

Beaut weather ahead, the inlaws arrive Thursday and have said they can't wait to get away from the crappy UK weather.

image.png.3a52571f98365d81e43115ca6a6707cc.png

I think I may have mentioned it somewhere else but one day in Perth when I was in the Secret Garden cafe in Angelo Road (Street?) South Perth, I met a couple from Lymington in Hampshire not far from my home on the Waterside and they told me they come out for four months every UK winter. They own a unit in South Perth.

1 hour ago, MARYROSE02 said:

Which beach was it? My only whinge about Perth was that in the afternoons when I like to go to the beach it always seemed to blowing a gale. I guess I should have developed the habit of an early swim because it was very pleasant at Cottesloe on Xmas Day at 6am

I've lost my desire to go to the beach, perhaps because I work from 4pm to 9pm Monday to Friday, my fave time to go the beach, and also because I no longer have a car and a bus ride does not appeal to me.

It was Shoalwater beach, the wind always increases in the afternoons it’s referred to as the Fremantle doctor very welcome most the time but can ruin a trip to the beach sometimes when it’s whipping the sand around. The beaches north of the river tend to get the wind more than the South as Cockburn and Warnbro sounds are a bit more sheltered. You must visit the Southern beaches when you come over next Waikiki and Warnbro beaches are the best in the Perth metro imo.

1 hour ago, Bulya said:

News today the long range forecast for Australia has this winter being the coldest/wettest on record with massive snowfalls.  

Really?  Where did you see/hear that?   We've had a striking reduction in snowfall here in Tasmania since the early/mid 1990s....and I'd love it to return to the "old days".  :biggrin:

1 hour ago, Skani said:

Really?  Where did you see/hear that?   We've had a striking reduction in snowfall here in Tasmania since the early/mid 1990s....and I'd love it to return to the "old days".  :biggrin:

I’ll trCk it down 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Bulya said:

News today the long range forecast for Australia has this winter being the coldest/wettest on record with massive snowfalls.  

Bugga!! I thought that plus 8 C was cold enough...I think that snow fell on the Eungella Range, some 70 km west of Mackay, in 1963

Cheers, Bobj.

• Haha 1