Toots

53 minutes ago, Bobj said:

Bugga!! I thought that plus 8 C was cold enough...I think that snow fell on the Eungella Range, some 70 km west of Mackay, in 1963

Cheers, Bobj.

Was about 8 degrees with the sun shining today where I’m from in U.K. (Midlands) and all the kids at the school I work at were running around with their coats off at breaktime.. felt like summer after the -6 last week xD

Edited by maidensarah
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, maidensarah said:

Was about 8 degrees with the sun shining today where I’m from in U.K. (Midlands) and all the kids at the school I work at were running around with their coats off at breaktime.. felt like summer after the -6 last week xD

Yes today was really nice actually. 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Sunset said:

A map showing the lowest July temperatures ever recorded for major cities, according to the Bureau of Meteorology

Predicted weather outlook for winter months.

That is overnight?  Even here in Devonport in the middle of winter its reaches double digits during the day.

Edited by Toots

53 minutes ago, Skani said:

Those temperatures are misleading.  They are not the predicted weather outlook but lowest  minimum temperatures recorded in the past.

They are the coming years weather predictions according to the bureau 

6 minutes ago, Sunset said:

They are the coming years weather predictions according to the bureau 

No they aren't.   Firstly,   it's not a prediction by the Bureau of Meteorology.   It's by an amateur forecaster who doesn't work for the BOM:    he  has a Facebook page. 

He is predicting the winter will be colder.....but the temperatures shown on that map aren't his predictions. 

Those temperatures are the lowest July temps recorded for Australian capital cities in the past, not temperatures he is predicting for the future.

If you look at the original article in the Daily Mail it says

Daily Mail Australia has compiled a map to show the lowest July temperatures ever recorded using the Government's Bureau of Meteorology climate data search function.

and underneath that map is also the explainer:

A map showing the lowest July temperatures ever recorded for major cities, according to the Bureau of Meteorology

This is the original article:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5466309/The-map-Australian-see.html

• Like 1

Just now, Skani said:

No they aren't.   Firstly,   it's not a prediction by the Bureau of Meteorology.   It's by an amateur forecaster who doesn't work for the BOM:    he  has a Facebook page. 

He is predicting the winter will be colder.....but the temperatures shown on that map aren't his predictions. 

Those temperatures are the lowest July temps recorded for Australian capital cities in the past, not temperatures he is predicting for the future.

If you look at the original article in the Daily Mail it says

and underneath that map is also the explainer:

This is the original article:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5466309/The-map-Australian-see.html

At last someone willing to do the leg work and check good on ya ?

The past few weeks have easily been the worst, weather-wise that we have experienced here.  February had double the average rainfall, almost all of that in the second half of February.  And on 8 March we have surpassed average monthly March rainfall already with more rain expected still.

The ground is totally saturated.  First time I have said this since moving but a bit of dry, sunny weather would not go amiss.

On 18/02/2018 at 20:17, bristolman said:

British winters definitely aren't what they used to be, I would take one of them over a typical Aussie summer lol

Judging by the recent weather in England it is the spring you should be worried about! I've yet to watch an English football game where the fans are not all rugged up like they are going off to the North Pole.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Sandgroper said:

Looking good :cool:

image.thumb.png.cc376ab3efeafdd57644e1dfe4430169.png

Oooh, that's a bit scorchio for me!

We've been getting high 20's / low 30's over the past week or so in Melbourne and I could do with a bit of autumnal weather now after a long summer to be honest! Travelling on Melbourne public transport everyday in this weather isn't much fun. :nah: 

Just checked the forecast for the Easter school holidays and it will have cooled down nicely by then to the high teens / low twenties, perfect for an Easter egg hunt with the kids! :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Saurer Pfirsich said:

We've been getting high 20's / low 30's over the past week or so in Melbourne and I could do with a bit of autumnal weather now after a long summer to be honest! Travelling on Melbourne public transport everyday in this weather isn't much fun. :nah: 

Just checked the forecast for the Easter school holidays and it will have cooled down nicely by then to the high teens / low twenties, perfect for an Easter egg hunt with the kids! :)

Perfect temps for Perth a very dry heat so not at all stifling, great for a Saturday night beach camp and fishing. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Saurer Pfirsich said:

Yeah that's pretty uncomfortable. High teens, low 20s is perfect. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MARYROSE02 said:

Judging by the recent weather in England it is the spring you should be worried about! I've yet to watch an English football game where the fans are not all rugged up like they are going off to the North Pole.

Why should I be worried about the Spring ? You know football is a winter sport don't you ? 

Might have to find my flannel lined tracksuit pants, as it is definitely cooling down at night...27 C Tuesday, 25 C Wednesday and 22 C last night...And short rain scuds all day, every day for the last week; but 31 C to 30 C during the days, here, in downtown Ball Bay.

Cheers, Bobj.

• Haha 1