Toots

1 hour ago, Bulya said:

But you’re a horsey person, and that makes up for everything!

😄

Our old horses are much friskier and happier when the weather isn't hot.  We had a couple of days in January when it was just over 30C and they spent the day in the shade of a big tree.  They hardly moved all day.

They keep froecasting storms in Perth. More forecast for this morning and it's beatiful blue skies again. No sign of storms yet. 

Strange when you see the weather report and cloud cover it looks like the whole of West and lower WA is under cloud. I know there's been some serious rain inland not too far away. That's probably a good thing as that's where the wheatbelt, farms, wineries are. Doesn't seem to get to the coast often. Maybe this evening we'll get some?

We have the fire going! Unheard of and never before in early March.  We have only been in the pool 3 times for the whole of Summer when it was really hot on a couple of days. Maybe we should move north?  Off to Raratonga in a couple of weeks so will at least get some 'Summer'.

Went down to Denmark, 5 hours down South at the weekend for the surflifesaving state champs. Left in a massive storm and it rained for the first 4 hours of the drive. One gorgeous day Saturday, when our comp was on Sunday wet stormy and the surf was so dangerous that they had to cancel the country carnival.

Back in Perth now, 32 degrees and beatirul again.

I think this has easily been the coolest and wettest summer that I've known in 12 years in Melbourne. Only had to have the air-conditioning on a handful of times and there's been lots of days when it's struggled to get into the low 20's. Works for me! Makes the rush hour public transport crush a bit more bearable, keeps the electricity bills down and means I get decent sleep. Gotta love a mild summer!