Family face being sent back to UK after 11 years in Aus

ali

Grrr stories like this make me feel angry.To give up everything in the UK to start afresh and starting your own business is massive.Sad they have to leave family behind,but why 3 years to wait in the UK?I don't get that bit (Unless I read it too quick)

They said 'if deported' they would have to wait three years. Why they would risk that and not just leave of their own accord I have no idea.

I do believe that if someone can prove that a MARA agent has misrepresented them that there should be some wiggle room, but no. Crappy story.

Doesn't the wife work in health? Cannot she sponsor the family that being the case? So many go on to permanent visa's coming out on a 457 or other it would be extremely cruel to return these people. Very hard to know with the immigration Department though. They appear more hard hearted than in times past. Their best bet is to stand firm and fight the decision if the funds to do so. If leave I suspect there would be little chance of returning.

They need to get the media on side as well.

I read that there have been several unsuccessful submissions to the Minister. They are also claiming it is unfair that their last submission was not put to the Minister however they say it was because certain information was not presented? Sounds a bit odd

Guest The Pom Queen

I think we can all guess who the agent was. They have left lots of people hanging. It is very sad as we used this agent many many years ago and they were wonderful, but a relationship breakup seemed to get in the way.

I hope they have a good agent on their case now, one who is good with appeals.

Doesn't the wife work in health? Cannot she sponsor the family that being the case? So many go on to permanent visa's coming out on a 457 or other it would be extremely cruel to return these people. Very hard to know with the immigration Department though. They appear more hard hearted than in times past. Their best bet is to stand firm and fight the decision if the funds to do so. If leave I suspect there would be little chance of returning.

They need to get the media on side as well.

She may not be qualified ... I guess it highlights one of the potential pitfalls for temporary visa's.

Oh, I see. I didn't even know you could be a temporary resident for that long.

We are on a different visa, 410 totally self funded retirement visa, for 12 years so far, which was stopped at least 7 years ago? but ok for those of us already on it. We know people who have been on it for I think 20 years, it was a cheap way to retire here.

it is a long term temporary visa, which never leads to PR. it is renewable every 10 years, and as there are so few of us now on it, and unless you have a contagious disease, eg TB, it is renewed almost automatically with minimum fuss.

We are on a different visa, 410 totally self funded retirement visa, for 12 years so far, which was stopped at least 7 years ago? but ok for those of us already on it. We know people who have been on it for I think 20 years, it was a cheap way to retire here.

it is a long term temporary visa, which never leads to PR. it is renewable every 10 years, and as there are so few of us now on it, and unless you have a contagious disease, eg TB, it is renewed almost automatically with minimum fuss.

Thanks for that info ramot! I had no idea so many different visas existed.

I dnt understand whats so bad...they are on temp visa. .they know they have bn on temp visa all this time n now they have to leave...but thats how a temp visa is surely...they might want to stay now but they chose or agreed to temp visa in first placs n happy wth it for years

Archived