The Luvpants have landed! Our arrival report.

mr luvpants

We drove to Lorikeet Lodge which is owned by Rudi on PIO.A very central spot and it has all your needs except a masher as we found out lastnight (hope you are reading

this Catherine LOL). I had met Nurse sue from PIO and her family as they had kindly put me up when I come over in June and Sue had come to the house and decorated it with Aussie flags and posters and had put a lovely hamper in an Eskie on the back patio. She is an absolute diamond and has a lovely down to earth family.Thank you very much Sue.

JOHN

You'll have one later today :biggrin::cute:

Love

Rudi

x

Great report and wish you every success with your new life here on the sunny coast. We retired here 8 years ago after living in Asia and love it. Hardly anyone could understand why we didn't go back to UK to retire as all our 3 children where still there. We felt like you that this was our time and we knew we wanted to live In Australia, after all life should be an adventure! especially in retirement!!

One offspring joined us 5 years ago and another is arriving soon for a WHV, and who knows, she might find a way to stay as well. Just mentioning this as your three have stayed behind in UK, but you never know they might come one day.

All the best for your new life.

Thanks everyone for your kind words. Got the keys to the new house. I assumed that it would be like the UK when you move in somewhere, where the Estate agent takes an electric reading and then you carry on the bill. WRONG!!! The owners had been asked to disconnect and I have to apply to reconnect and it can take up to 3 days! luckily the first Electric company I telephoned happened to be the owners electric company and I managed to stop the disconnection! Phew!

Our stuff arrived on Tuesday as arranged. I had heard bad things about PSS agents this side but we had a really good crew. They put together the beds etc and unpacked what we asked them to unpack. We had no breakages at all! So PSS get the thumbs up from us. Going for a dip in the pool now. BYE!

I am thrilled to hear you are settling in so well. Glad to hear you go the car sorted too!

Good luck with your training, I am sure you will do well. Please pass our best wishes on to Lisa too. Give us a yell when you have time for a get-together, can't wait to meet you both.

We have just bought a house in Glass House Mountains and complete the purchase on Feb 14th. What a Valentines Day pressie!! We will stay in the rental while we decorate and get things the way we want them, and plan to move in early May, when hopefully our stuff will be here.

Feeling really settled and had a great Australia Day on the beach at Coolum with two of my daughters and all six grandchildren. I am happy as a pig in muck!!

Wishing you all the very best and stay in touch when you get a mo.

Cheers for now and best of luck to you both.

Sharon and Graham x

Thanks everyone for your kind words. Got the keys to the new house. I assumed that it would be like the UK when you move in somewhere, where the Estate agent takes an electric reading and then you carry on the bill. WRONG!!! The owners had been asked to disconnect and I have to apply to reconnect and it can take up to 3 days! luckily the first Electric company I telephoned happened to be the owners electric company and I managed to stop the disconnection! Phew!

Our stuff arrived on Tuesday as arranged. I had heard bad things about PSS agents this side but we had a really good crew. They put together the beds etc and unpacked what we asked them to unpack. We had no breakages at all! So PSS get the thumbs up from us. Going for a dip in the pool now. BYE!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi John, I am a Firefighter here in Scotland, I have been for nearly 12 years.

I read with interest the part in your post where you said that WA are putting together a lateral policy so that UK firefighters could transfer straight in.

Do you have any more information on this. If so could you send it to me.

Cheers

Brian.

Guest autumnleaves

your post has actually made me really excited at the prospect of moving to oz! i'm so happy that everything is going so well for you and i wish you all the luck in the world for everything in the future!! live the dream to the full!! :) hopefully me and my partner will be living the dream in a couple of years time too! xx

• 2 weeks later...

A totally fantastic, informative post, I loved Brisbane too and stayed at Rudi's other house. (Hi Catherine).

I think my OH is now on the same hymn sheet as myself and we are now looking at Sydney for his work (IT).

Hope all continues to be well for yourself and Lisa and good luck for work and your future life.

Archived