Guest guest36187

Hi,

all can anyone help me with this I am really confused, have just been on the department of immi queue calculator and it tells me that there are only 20 people in front of us,well there are more on the tracker list from the UK alone than this ?? also when looking at some other dates other than ours,(from the tracker list ) they do not have queue dates, is the site accurate or am I getting duff figures.Has anyone else experience of this, cheers Mike.

Hello Mike

Linda is correct, you should ignore it. The question has been asked in the past, and the explanation is that an application is only put in a queue if it has gone through all the steps (up to visa grant) and there are no visas available for DIAC to grant. At the moment there seem to be plenty of visas available - cost and recession have something to do with this.

Hope that helps.

Best wishes

Steve

Is there anyone on here, who already has their visa, who originally applied for the 103 and then switched to the 143? We originally applied for the normal 103 vis and then a few months later decided to go for it and switch to the 173/143 visa.

I have heard a rumour, via a friend of someone who did this and was told that they only waited about 15 months for a case officer, but from the date of their original application for the 103, which has rather thrown our plan a little.

If this is the case, we would be looking at getting a case officer around June/July but going from the date we switched to the 173 this would be around November. I have emailed the parent centre in Perth, but as usual didn't really get an answer to my question - they just said they were currently processing applications from September 2009. I have emailed again asking for more clarification to my question and am awaiting a reply.

As we are currently making plans for a visit to Australia in June, we are trying to work out when we would need to go offshore etc.

I was wondering if anyone has experienced this and can shed any light?

Thanks

Linda

Hello

I am aware of one example of this, and I believe the acknowledgement date of the 103 visa was used by the Parent Visa Centre. Interestingly, that applicant was actually processed ahead of the normal CPV applicants, but I put this down to human factors at DIAC.

I confess I didn't quite catch on to the point you were making about the dates though. And even if you were in Australia at the time you got a CO, there's still a month or two of processing to go through before visa grant.

I hope this helps.

Cheers

Steve

Hello

I am aware of one example of this, and I believe the acknowledgement date of the 103 visa was used by the Parent Visa Centre. Interestingly, that applicant was actually processed ahead of the normal CPV applicants, but I put this down to human factors at DIAC.

I confess I didn't quite catch on to the point you were making about the dates though. And even if you were in Australia at the time you got a CO, there's still a month or two of processing to go through before visa grant.

I hope this helps.

Cheers

Steve

G'Day

Just to reinforce what Steve says, if you are in touch with your CO (when you get one), you can arrange for plenty of warning when the visa grant is imminent, and pop off to Auckland, Singapore, Bangkok, wherever, for the actual visa grant (which has to be made while you are "offshore", then return a week or two later to validate it.

Mike

Hi

Can anyone help me with this one. :idea:

We have applied for the CPV143, currently we have a small business in the UK and are alternating between Self Employment versus being employed in Oz, but we have heard 'unofficially' that we would have to work for someone else for the first 2 years before we could start a business.:frown:

Does anyone know if this is true :notworthy:

Phoebe

Hi

We have applied for the CPV143, currently we have a small business in the UK and are alternating between Self Employment versus being employed in Oz, but we have heard 'unofficially' that we would have to work for someone else for the first 2 years before we could start a business.:frown:

Phoebe

I suggest you disregard any future assistance from the person who gave you that advice "unofficially."

Best regards.

I believe that your private pension must be transferred within six months of arrival which is when the pension is due to start payment. Has anyone had any super company recommended to them. This to me seems to be a minefield as Companies that arrange it for you get commission paid to them and I don't know if this will lessen the amount of money you receive.

Two comments:

1. There is no 6 month limit. Yes, there may be a tax consequence of a transfer of pension benefits after that date, but there is no deadline beyond that.

2. Companies that assist in this area generally work on a fee for service basis. I'm not sure why they shouldn't be appropriately remunerated, given that this is not an area for the faint hearted ...

Best regards.

Hi

Phoebe

Agree with Alan's succinct comment - with the visa you are applying for you would have no such restrictions.

Cheers

Steve

Hi

Phoebe

That was from 'Wanted Down Under' this week and referred to a couple moving to New Zealand.

Chinese whispers?

If it's on the BBC 'Wanted', the most thoroughly researched prog on TV it must be true. :wink:

That was from 'Wanted Down Under' this week and referred to a couple moving to New Zealand.

Chinese whispers?

If it's on the BBC 'Wanted', the most thoroughly researched prog on TV it must be true. :wink:

Apparantly it was :goofy: I didn't see it (some if us have to work even if we are dying from a lousy cold :cry:)

Hubby watched it and told me, that's why I needed to ask the 'experts' thanks for clearing it up much appreciated :biggrin:

Phoebe

Cheers

Thanks Steve

So it might be possible that we actually get a CO in June then? We were thinking more of being able to access the funds to pay the second VAC etc. - tied up in various funds, and we certainly don't want to lose valuable interest by releasing it too early as every penny counts at the moment!

Cheers

Thanks Steve

So it might be possible that we actually get a CO in June then? We were thinking more of being able to access the funds to pay the second VAC etc. - tied up in various funds, and we certainly don't want to lose valuable interest by releasing it too early as every penny counts at the moment!

Hello. Well as the saying goes I could not possibly comment! Only DIAC would know that. We could do an estimate however.

Are you on the tracker? What was the date of (a) your original 103 acknowledgement and (b) your 173 acknowledgement

...and apologies if you've told me before, I couldn't find the info.

Cheers

Steve

Hello. Well as the saying goes I could not possibly comment! Only DIAC would know that. We could do an estimate however.

Are you on the tracker? What was the date of (a) your original 103 acknowledgement and (b) your 173 acknowledgement

...and apologies if you've told me before, I couldn't find the info.

Cheers

Steve

Hi Steve

Yes, we are on the tracker (DaveandLinda), according to which, if we take the date of our acknowledgement for the CPV then we would expect a case officer around November/December this year on current timescales. If we should be so lucky that we start queuing for a case officer from the date of our original 103 application then we would expect a case officer around June this year. Very confusing I know! I guess we will have to wait and (hopefully) be pleasantly surprised if get a CO sooner than later.

Hi Steve

Yes, we are on the tracker (DaveandLinda), according to which, if we take the date of our acknowledgement for the CPV then we would expect a case officer around November/December this year on current timescales. If we should be so lucky that we start queuing for a case officer from the date of our original 103 application then we would expect a case officer around June this year. Very confusing I know! I guess we will have to wait and (hopefully) be pleasantly surprised if get a CO sooner than later.

Of course you are - I remember now. At my age it's hard to keep track of all these usernames. The shopping list is challenging enough.

Start chasing around June if you really want a CO - you may just find you get one!

Cheers

Steve

Of course you are - I remember now. At my age it's hard to keep track of all these usernames. The shopping list is challenging enough.

Start chasing around June if you really want a CO - you may just find you get one!

Cheers

Steve

I have received an email in response to my second query to PVC giving me a name and number and asking me to call on Monday. Fingers crossed!

Cheers

Steve

Hi Steve

I have jumped ships! Good to see that you are active on this one.

Charlie:biggrin:

Guest sirmatt101
Hi Steve

I have jumped ships! Good to see that you are active on this one.

Charlie:biggrin:

Good to see you Charlie, you jumped in the right direction!

Cheers

Matt

Guest sirmatt101

Tomorrow is the BIG day, all bags are packed and weighed, monies counted, just wondering when it will actually feel like we are actually going!!

Cheers

Matt

Tomorrow is the BIG day, all bags are packed and weighed, monies counted, just wondering when it will actually feel like we are actually going!!

Cheers

Matt

Hi Matt, So happy for you when you get to the Airport you can get excited! Am going through the same process now to leave on February 24th. Its quite difficult logistically , what to send off now what we will need to last four weeks, Everything will go into the last minute boxes I expect. Doesn't help when a daughter suddenly puts a spanner in the works and orders a 7 piece nursery set. Cot/bed. wardrobe, changing station, toy box, chair all flat packed to be delivered Monday? Shippers packing final boxes for container and taking it all away on Tuesday. Stressed? I can't wait to get to that airport. Any last minute advice Matt? Can just imagine you sitting on your cases waiting........................................

Hello and Welcome MKF,

It is a life changing decision but the best one you could make and is there any other choice than to be with all of your lovely family. I also have 100% family in Perth and have just got my visa and moving in Feb. Of course you will get the colly wobbles but be positive and brave. You will be surprised at how many people say they envy you :wink:

Great to hear somebody else in the same boat. I only saw your reply today.The best of luck with your move. Yes you are right, it is amazing how many people are envious, particularly my work colleagues.:smile:

Can I ask if you have a temporary or permanent visa, and how long did it take after you lodged before it was granted.

Regards

MKF

Hi there MKF,

Just over a month to go and OH still anxious that we won't have enough money, exchange rate awful etc etc. It is such an enormous thing to do but soooooo brave. There are those that talk and talk about and there are those that do. We lodged our application on June 2nd 2009 got a CO Oct 2010 and permanent visa granted 9th December after asking for a month's extension (exchange rate) We had an emigration agent based in Perth and it was she who advised us to go straight for the permanent visa. Our girls are beside themselves with excitement and our eldest daughter is expecting our first grandchild at the end of June so there is so much to look forward to.

"LEAP and the net will appear!"

www.gainwave.co.ukwill show you timescales - look for Sandch on the thread and he can put you in the waiting room once you have lodged your application.:fish: Which part of Aus do you want to settle in?