Guest guest36187

Hi there MKF,

Just over a month to go and OH still anxious that we won't have enough money, exchange rate awful etc etc. It is such an enormous thing to do but soooooo brave. There are those that talk and talk about and there are those that do. We lodged our application on June 2nd 2009 got a CO Oct 2010 and permanent visa granted 9th December after asking for a month's extension (exchange rate) We had an emigration agent based in Perth and it was she who advised us to go straight for the permanent visa. Our girls are beside themselves with excitement and our eldest daughter is expecting our first grandchild at the end of June so there is so much to look forward to.

"LEAP and the net will appear!"

www.gainwave.co.ukwill show you timescales - look for Sandch on the thread and he can put you in the waiting room once you have lodged your application.:fish: Which part of Aus do you want to settle in?

Hi,

Thank you for your informative reply. We need some positivity!! WE also have decided to go with permanent visa and suffer the cost. We expect to be in Melbourne. WE have one son in Alice Springs, his visa is temporary so no good to us in terms of him being our sponsor. My other son and his family have just got their permanent visa and will be going in June. We then have to wait 6 mts approx until they are "settled" before we can lodge. We may go on an extended holiday visa while we are waiting.

Meanwhile we can get on with the de- clutter etc. Congratulations on your expected new

arrival. It is indeed very exciting.

Best Wishes and good luck in your new home in OZ

MKF

Tomorrow is the BIG day, all bags are packed and weighed, monies counted, just wondering when it will actually feel like we are actually going!!

Cheers

Matt

Hi Matt

If you get this in time, be calm, have a great flight, drink the plane dry celebrating and sink into a wonderful new life

regards and best wishes

pete

Don't forget us will you?

Hi,

Thank you for your informative reply. We need some positivity!! WE also have decided to go with permanent visa and suffer the cost. We expect to be in Melbourne. WE have one son in Alice Springs, his visa is temporary so no good to us in terms of him being our sponsor. My other son and his family have just got their permanent visa and will be going in June. We then have to wait 6 mts approx until they are "settled" before we can lodge. We may go on an extended holiday visa while we are waiting.

Meanwhile we can get on with the de- clutter etc. Congratulations on your expected new

arrival. It is indeed very exciting.

Best Wishes and good luck in your new home in OZ

MKF

Good Luck.........

It's going to take us at least 2 years to declutter:wink:

........hubby is a hoarder :swoon:

Phoebe

Guest mombie58@hotmail.com

welcome Charlie - it is good to see you here!!

all the very best to you Matt and Diane - ...........at least the flooding is over - just the horrendous clean up - we still plan to be on the gold coast for Easter - by then you might be Mayor of Vegemiteville!

We have a few more (read a LOT MORE!) visa issues and who knows whether or not we will succeed if I knew how to use emoticons I would now use a 'fingers crossed'!

'................our bags are packed . we're ready to go!

soon we will be at heathrow

'cos we're leavin' on a jet plane

don't know when we'll be back again.....................

with apologies to the late John Denver!

have a safe flight - we'll all be waiting with bated breath to hear your exploits!

it is cold and snowy in Ontario right now! but more lovely blue skies!

cheers everyone

audie and cat

hello every one have not been on here for very long time, but have a question can anyone help,we have 4 grown up children 3 married with children of there own one lives in aus with husband and children 2 in england with there children and 1 who is in aus working on a farm to get 2nd years visa and who hopes to apply for permenent visa like sister, they want us to come over to live but have heard that to get parents visa you have to have £450,000 pounds is this true?

Not true! You have to have at least half your children as permanent residents and then the visa costs around $40,000 plus a $10,000 bond-or for a couple a total cost of around $94,000(you save a bit on the bond if there are 2 of you).

Still scary money but thankfully not 450,000 pounds or dollars!

hello every one have not been on here for very long time, but have a question can anyone help,we have 4 grown up children 3 married with children of there own one lives in aus with husband and children 2 in england with there children and 1 who is in aus working on a farm to get 2nd years visa and who hopes to apply for permenent visa like sister, they want us to come over to live but have heard that to get parents visa you have to have £450,000 pounds is this true?

I think someone is quoting for the Retirement Visa which was recently talked about on "Wanted Down Under" recently. The Contributory Parent Visa 143 requires 50% of your children resident in Aus and takes up to two years to be granted a permanent visa.

Guest sirmatt101

Thanks to everyone for the good wishes, and I will certainly be posting to the forum from "down under". We are spending 2 nights in Singapore so arrive in Brisbane on Thursday 27th. We will be looking for a "Drive Thru Vegemite Outlet" as soon as we are out of the airport, as our stocks are lower than low at the moment. Even precious things had to be thrown out!! We hope to have bought a car by the Saturday, I have been online checking them all out and have drawn up a shortlist, even got quotes for insurance for them all!

Staying the last night at a Heathrow Hotel, so even if theres 2 foot of snow tonight we will use the cases as sledges to get there in the morning.

Cheers & goodluck to everyone, it will soon be your turn

Matt & Dianne:biggrin:

G'Day

There used to be a "Type 410" retirement visa that allowed 4 years' (renewable) temporary residence, with permission to work up to 20 hours a week. The only onerous conditions were that you had to be self-sufficient, and able to take something like $850k capital to Oz. That was abolished two or three years ago (though current holders of a 410 could and can continue as before).

It was replaced by a visa that requires substantial investment of the same order, to be placed in a government bond, so is untouchable for eg buying a house; also requires state sponsorship (and NSW – where our family is – doesn't participate!).

The other option is the Contributory Parent Visa (eg, 143, or two-stage 173–>143) which costs around $40,000 outright (each) and takes about 18 months to get, or the Non-Contributory version, which is much cheaper but can take 20 years. Most people on this thread are going the 143 or 173>143 route.

Have a thorough read of http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/booklets/1129.pdf; it will tell you most of what you need to know, including the all-important "balance of family" test.

Good luck, Mike

Thanks to everyone for the good wishes, and I will certainly be posting to the forum from "down under". We are spending 2 nights in Singapore so arrive in Brisbane on Thursday 27th. We will be looking for a "Drive Thru Vegemite Outlet" as soon as we are out of the airport, as our stocks are lower than low at the moment. Even precious things had to be thrown out!! We hope to have bought a car by the Saturday, I have been online checking them all out and have drawn up a shortlist, even got quotes for insurance for them all!

Staying the last night at a Heathrow Hotel, so even if theres 2 foot of snow tonight we will use the cases as sledges to get there in the morning.

Good luck for the trip, Matt and Dianne! Still pretty wet in Brissie, but a tad warmer than UK!

The only pity is that you arrive the day after Australia Day – you'll have to come with a built-in hangover!

Mike

PS: ....the cure for which is something sweeeeeet! No Vegemite for you, mate!

Good luck Matt and Dianne and bon-voyage!

Catch you in a few days.

Best wishes

Steve

I feel excited for you :jiggy:

Do you get extra baggage allowance when you are actually 'going for good' :biggrin:

Phoebe

Only once and Sirmatt had already validated his visa on a previous trip :policeman:.

I believe he asked Singapore Airlines pretty please :wubclub: and they upped the normal 20kg to 25kg :shocked:, it appears he misjudged the weight of Marmite he was taking but Singapore Airlines have been sympathetic :yes:, not sure if they would of viewed an excess of Vegemite with the same degree of leniency :nah:.

Thank you for your good wishes. When do you hope to move?

MKF

Hi

Our application was only acknowledged on 3rd September 2010 so not for a while yet unfortunatly :cry:

However we are going in April for 8 weeks, my daughter is expecting our third grandchild and they are having the christening while we are there so really looking forward to it :jiggy:it will also give us some time to do a bit of a rekki of areas close to them where we might like to live/work etc.

They are on the Southern Gold Coast about 1 hour drive from Brisbane, where are you heading?

Phoebe

Good luck with the move hope it all goes smoothly.

Hopefully wont be long till we are on our way too.

Wilma:smile:

Hi Wilma

Good luck with everything :biggrin:

Do you mind me asking, I noticed you had your CO allocated in October 2010 but VAC request was 3 months later, did you ask or were given an extension to pay the 2nd VAC?

Just trying to look at all the options :smile:

Phoebe