Guest guest36187

Hi a question for anyone who had medical before they had a Case Officer - did you get anything to say medical was ok/not ok directly from immi after medicals or do you have to wait until got a Case Officer as to whether passed or not? - when we had medical they said would hear in few days in any problems but we dont get informed if 'passed' or not as its up to immi to do that. Thanks Kim

Hi All

since we exchanged our our house, life has become a whirl of selling, chucking, cleaning, shipping quotes etc. All of a sudden migration has become very real and now feels quite scary. I'm starting to wish we had sold earlier as everything seems to building up to a mad dash in the last three months. Oh and of course we don't have a visa yet! I've no doubt everyone feels this way but considering the visa process takes two years the last bit is a rush! I know we are not the only ones going thro this but it is daunting!

julie

Hi All

since we exchanged our our house, life has become a whirl of selling, chucking, cleaning, shipping quotes etc. All of a sudden migration has become very real and now feels quite scary. I'm starting to wish we had sold earlier as everything seems to building up to a mad dash in the last three months. Oh and of course we don't have a visa yet! I've no doubt everyone feels this way but considering the visa process takes two years the last bit is a rush! I know we are not the only ones going thro this but it is daunting!

julie

As we came out early we have not had that 'rushed' feeling but totally appreciate the 'reality slap' as to emigrating. We have loved every minute of it being here and know we have done right thing and thats getting us through all this roller coaster life changing experience. Kim

Hi a question for anyone who had medical before they had a Case Officer - did you get anything to say medical was ok/not ok directly from immi after medicals or do you have to wait until got a Case Officer as to whether passed or not? - when we had medical they said would hear in few days in any problems but we dont get informed if 'passed' or not as its up to immi to do that. Thanks Kim

hello kim

when we had medical they told same to us that we will be inforrmed in few days there is any problem but afterwards And same here they didnt told us anything dont get informed if ' passed' or not.

We didn't hear a thing post medical. We had our medicals on Feb 16 and were asked for a record we hadn't thought necessary. We scanned and emailed it the next day and the medical centre in Manchester emailed to say they had received it and passed it on to immi. After that there was nothing until early March when we sent our paperwork minus the AOS letter. nobody has mentioned the medical since, so we are assuming we passed.

Hi All

julie

Try not to stress about it, it will all just fall into place. We just made the move the other way - back to the UK - and went from sat in our house in Perth to being told we need to move back in 5 days. Seemed mad at the time, but we did it.

That certainly made me smile. Top marks for perseverance and humour along the way!!! But seriously, "cup of tea"???? G and T with lots of ice ( because it's so hot) sounds much more appropriate

I've been watching all your progress with interest, tackling each hurdle as it comes and it makes inspiring reading. Glad you are so very nearly there and even had another couple of holidays (Singapore and NZ) thrown in, albeit as necessary extras! Enjoy your lives in Australia. Hopefully the rest of us who have a long time ahead in the waiting room will be able to continue to the end as you have done, in spite of all the obstacles on the way! Good luck and thank you for all your contributions.

Well done Kim! Just show it never hurts to try.

We paid our second vac today. it went like this ....

Re - read the immi letter three times, just to make sure everything is clear.

Write out details - we have no printer.

Go to the bank.

Wait in queue

It is very hot.

Get bankers cheque

Immigration letter says you can use Billpay 'online, by post or in person.'

We go to Australia post in person.

Post office lady doesn't know about paying in person. She says you can only pay online.

It's still very hot.

We point out that the department of immigration and border control have told us we can pay this way.

Husband is sweating a bit now.

Post office lady is vague. "Aren't you on the internet then?"

We cite post office leaflet.

It says you can pay in person.

We just can't find the leaflet now.

Post office lady looks confused.

She wants the bill.

We have no printer, have hand written details.

She wants the bill.

We leave post office.

It's even more hot.

We have a cheque for 87,200 dollars in my handbag.

We are confused.

Husband is swearing a bit now.

We remember alternative post office.

Alternative post office man seems to know what he is doing.

He wants the letter,

We still have no printer.

Its even more hot.

Alternative post office man indicates large corner shop.

"They print," he says.

We cross the road.

It's still very hot.

Husband is sweating lots more now.

Very drippy.

Nice shop man shows us computer, cunningly disguised as an arrangement of washing up liquid.

Two dollars later we have the bill.

Back to alternative post office.

We wave the letter about.

Everyone smiles.

Alternative post office man hands over receipt.

"Welcome to Australia"

Nice cup of tea.

:wink:

Yes I really am new to this I've put wrong date we lodged 03/06/15

Lorraine

Hi Lorraine, welcome to the 2015ers section of the Waiting Room. We are a growing band, 15 of us now, so come 2017 we should be able to monitor how things are progressing and hopefully wave each other goodbye as we depart to start our new lives in Oz. In order of departure we are:

Gogirl1 15-01-20

IanS61 15-03-19

nyorksgrannie 15-04-10

Harris L16 15-04-28

ValTibenham 15-05-21

Lolly T 15-06-03

Lisa Lou 15-06-08

Geoffandgill 15-06-09

Rubyford 15-06-10

Bev50Bradley15-07-13

BillSueMac 15-08-01

Mrs Bee 15-09-05

Bear2015 15-10-02

Wishful 15-11-03

AMP 15-12-01

Let's hope the finalization dates for applications start to move apace from Thursday onwards. :hug:

Well done Wishfull for keeping tabs on our "applicants of 2015" list - though not too happy about the thought that I am the last one on this list!! Still, we already feel like a little community. Roll on 2017 when we can start to eagerly watch everyone's progress, share the stresses and hopefully support each other in the way the 2013 applicants have done and continue to do.

Medicals done today! As far as we know the bits that the Health centre where we had the medicals in, we were ok, just have to wait for the X-Ray and HIV results, in a couple of weeks.....gotta say though, although Karen (my better half) breezed through her tests, I struggled with high blood pressure! This then got me stressed thinking that this would stop us getting the visa, however the doctor was superb, and said to relax and they would try again........thankfully, I did relax, and lowered the score sufficiently! Scary for me as I get my blood pressure monitored as part of an annual asthma check, and it has always been low....just goes to show how wound up I must have got myself! So back to waiting it is :cute:

Medicals done today! As far as we know the bits that the Health centre where we had the medicals in, we were ok, just have to wait for the X-Ray and HIV results, in a couple of weeks.....gotta say though, although Karen (my better half) breezed through her tests, I struggled with high blood pressure! This then got me stressed thinking that this would stop us getting the visa, however the doctor was superb, and said to relax and they would try again........thankfully, I did relax, and lowered the score sufficiently! Scary for me as I get my blood pressure monitored as part of an annual asthma check, and it has always been low....just goes to show how wound up I must have got myself! So back to waiting it is :cute:

I have to say I was diagnosed with high blood pressure years ago and I tried meditation - was very sceptical - however really worked. We had horrendous journey getting to meds and I actually grabbed a few meditating minutes when arrived. When blood pressure taken mine was lower than my hubbie and 19 year old son!!! They both were stunned and no more scoffing at my meditation - maybe some 'waiting room' meditation classes might be good way forward! Kim

Hi Lodgers in Waiting,

This is the auto response I got Last evening (perth time):

The Parent Visa Centre will be closed for the Easter Holidays on Friday 25th March and Monday 28th March 2016.

We are currently assessing for finalization applications lodged up to 10 April 2014.

So frustrating. :realmad:

That certainly made me smile. Top marks for perseverance and humour along the way!!! But seriously, "cup of tea"???? G and T with lots of ice ( because it's so hot) sounds much more appropriate

I've been watching all your progress with interest, tackling each hurdle as it comes and it makes inspiring reading. Glad you are so very nearly there and even had another couple of holidays (Singapore and NZ) thrown in, albeit as necessary extras! Enjoy your lives in Australia. Hopefully the rest of us who have a long time ahead in the waiting room will be able to continue to the end as you have done, in spite of all the obstacles on the way! Good luck and thank you for all your contributions.

Youre welcome. haha the gin would have been just the thing if it weren't for the terrible problem I've developed with indigestion ... I wonder why? Some silly medic suggested it could be caused by stress .... Good luck with your application

Good Morning Folks,

I have been watching this forum for some time, and decided to pop my bum on a seat and join you in the waiting room - well, that isn't quite accurate, I will be in the waiting room on behalf of my mom. I am in Perth, and we lodged my moms app for a 173 in December 2015 - would someone kindly add us on the 2015 list of lodgers - I think the official date was 12.12.2015.

Can feel your frustrations, its all too familiar from when we were going through the visa process five years ago, and now back again for mom! But all worth it in the end.

Skeelsy - I see you are also waiting on a 173, but are already in Oz - how did you go about that, and on what Visa - I would be really interested to understand that process. Thanks

Lucy

Good Morning Folks,

I have been watching this forum for some time, and decided to pop my bum on a seat and join you in the waiting room - well, that isn't quite accurate, I will be in the waiting room on behalf of my mom. I am in Perth, and we lodged my moms app for a 173 in December 2015 - would someone kindly add us on the 2015 list of lodgers - I think the official date was 12.12.2015.

Can feel your frustrations, its all too familiar from when we were going through the visa process five years ago, and now back again for mom! But all worth it in the end.

Skeelsy - I see you are also waiting on a 173, but are already in Oz - how did you go about that, and on what Visa - I would be really interested to understand that process. Thanks

Lucy

Hi - welcome to the waiting room. We decided to come out early as I had my two older girls emigrate here and we decided to join them. Fortunately we had always planned for an early retirement but we also had a late addition to the family our son who is 12 years younger than his sisters so we made decision to finish his last 2 years at school here to ease him into oz life - after being hailed as wick mother of the west for dragging him away from his friends I am now fortunately elevated to 'OK' mum as he loves it here. We came as guardians as he was under age student. After that basically 'ducking and diving' on visitors visa hoping our luck won't run out before grant. Our son is working holiday visa now as finished school and working. All been worth it as he's really settled and if we had delayed he may have been too entrenched in Uk to encourage to come also as was under 18 when we applied he could come on our application. Kim

I have to say I was diagnosed with high blood pressure years ago and I tried meditation - was very sceptical - however really worked. We had horrendous journey getting to meds and I actually grabbed a few meditating minutes when arrived. When blood pressure taken mine was lower than my hubbie and 19 year old son!!! They both were stunned and no more scoffing at my meditation - maybe some 'waiting room' meditation classes might be good way forward! Kim

Our journey to the medicals also had an accident and diverted route, (Bloody A14!) which I'm sure didn't help matters, good advice re the meditation, I did something similar when sat in the waiting room. After the initial high test result, I just sat and put myself on Cottesloe beach for 5 minutes, worked a treat!

Good Morning Folks,

Lucy

Hi Lucy I have added you to the list of 2015 lodgers. If you have any influence in Perth on behalf of us all..............................................

Hello Everyone,

I came across this thread on google and have found the posts very interesting. My mother who lives in the UK (I am in Darwin) just received a IMMI application acknowledgement for her 143 visa today with position number 00003469. I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on how long the entire process will take until the visa is approved? What to expect along the way? Does the position number mean anything?

Many thanks

Paul

Good Morning Folks,

Lucy

Hi Lucy, here is the link to the spreadsheet of applications in progress: http://www.australia-parent-visas.com/tracker2.php.

Edited by Catlady2014

Hello Everyone,

I came across this thread on google and have found the posts very interesting. My mother who lives in the UK (I am in Darwin) just received a IMMI application acknowledgement for her 143 visa today with position number 00003469. I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on how long the entire process will take until the visa is approved? What to expect along the way? Does the position number mean anything?

Many thanks

Paul

Hi

hopefully you will find this forum useful for your mum. We actually had a discussion re numbering system and came to conclusion that not much use to us as internal process. All I can say the waiting game was 16 months from lodgement - when application received - to visa grant but now I am in 'spitting distance' and now, unfortunately, that time has increased to at least 23 months and sadly the latest updates show no signs of improving at moment. Each week immi updates as to who they are up to in terms of processing ie at present its 10 April 2014. You can get this update by sending an email to parents@border.gov.au and just type 'test' in the subject line, leave rest empty and send. You should then get auto response and half way down gives 173/143 update. It's always reported and speculated on this forum each week!! Hope that helps and welcome Kim

So guys are our Case Officers going on strike tomorrow - good timing to increase Easter break - but that would be churlish of me to suggest!!! Hope you are still holding up @Harvi13 and really thought they would be contacting you by now Kim

Asked my daughter for any news on proposed strike and just had this text from her: "I think I heard today that it's called off - I think it's something to do with tightened security etc because of the Belgium bombings last night x"

Hi folks.

I've been trawling through my old emails since lodging our 143 and have noted that in a "test" reply dated 23 March 2015 that Immi were assessing applications for 143's and 173's lodged on 9 July 2013; so they have dropped back considerably since that time, which is no surprise but not good.

Later emails go on to say that delays are being experienced due to the unprecedented number of applications lodged in May and June 2014!

Wish I hadn't looked now; but it's a reality check and may help others with their forward planning a little :frown:

Steve