Guest guest36187

Guest piramida
You misunderstood me Piramida. I did not send pre - visa advice letter to immigration.

Immigration on sent me pre- visa advice letter together with other letter asking for money.

In in the advice letter, immigration told me to report any change in health.

This is what you must do - report the change in your husbands health, to the immigration authorities. I would do it soon.

H Fisher1,

I understand all,

I will do it. Please can you tell me did you pay first and then send letter or email to inform them, or frst send information and then pay. I think they want first know information and then tell you to pay.

Thank you

H Fisher1,

I understand all,

I will do it. Please can you tell me did you pay first and then send letter or email to inform them, or frst send information and then pay. I think they want first know information and then tell you to pay.

Thank you

piramida I didn't send them a letter because I had no change of circumstance to report - as far as I know, my husband is not ill. So I received their two letters in the same email, read them both, then went to pay my money. Your husband is ill, so you need to tell them.

There is a time limit of 28 days from receipt of the bill so you need to decide what to do yourself. Maybe get some advice from an agent?

May of got a bit over excited yesterday! Flights booked for 1st June............... well if the visa isn't granted by then, we can turn it into a holiday I guess!

Good of for you. Where are you heading. We are just outside Sydney - missed the worst of the heat here as finally rained - never thought I would hear myself say that! Kim

@AlanSteel we are on a roll - whoop whoop - just shows you can meet the great immi head on and get somewhere. Now come on immi @maisiedaisy is at the door with her Sunday best on so be nice and let her in Kim

Well, I guess things must be heading towards 23 and a half months so far because I have heard absolute zilch! Stress levels are climbing

Maisie

Edited by maisiedaisy

Well, I guess things must be heading towards 23 and a half months so far because I have heard absolute zilch! Stress levels are climbing

Maisie

We know that feeling Maisie! We went the extra mile yesterday and booked flights for 1st June!! What were we thinking! Looking at your dates for Meds and Police checks, I can see why your stressing!

Maisie

No. I was so sure they would start moving ahead after non movement for so long. They will now break their service quality times which is quoted as 18 to 24 months. Apparently they are penalised if have 5% applicants over that. From now on that means every applicant will be over unless they pull their finger out Kim

No. I was so sure they would start moving ahead after non movement for so long. They will now break their service quality times which is quoted as 18 to 24 months. Apparently they are penalised if have 5% applicants over that. From now on that means every applicant will be over unless they pull their finger out Kim

I say they will move a bit this Friday, say 10 days?

Come on immi you moved through March so fast why is April taking so long?

We know that feeling Maisie! We went the extra mile yesterday and booked flights for 1st June!! What were we thinking! Looking at your dates for Meds and Police checks, I can see why your stressing!

Well we've 7 weeks to go before our medicals run out and so hopefully I will have my visa firmly clenched in my hand.

maisie

I didn't know that Skeelsy! What with losing 2 days over the Easter period they might really need to get a wriggle on!

Maisie

Hi Kim,

Does that mean we'll all get our visas at a reduced rate ? .......not.......

:biglaugh::biglaugh:

Phil

We are 49 and 56 and are waiting for my partners job offer (sponsorship) to come through then we will be coming to Melbourne around October this year, all bring well, on the 457 visa. I have a son his wife and 2 twin babies living in Melbourne and the plan is once we are settled 18 months to 2 years we will apply for our permanent parent visa. Has anyone done this and do you still have to go through all the usual channels? We will both be working . Any advice please..

Are you aware that there are significant issues with gaining PR after the age of 50? Most importantly is the minimum salary threshold. The main applicant will have had to earn a fairly high salary in order to be eligible. It will also require the employer to sponsor (be aware many first agree then change their minds) The minimum salary threshold is about $130k last time I looked, though that may have increased

Hi Alan

Sounds like a great plan - where in perth are you looking to settle?

We're off to Perth - visa grant permitting!

Cheers

Steve

Hi Steve, not 100% certain yet, initially staying with my son and his girlfriend in Lockridge. Depends where we can get jobs really, what about you?

Cm

Hi Steve, not 100% certain yet, initially staying with my son and his girlfriend in Lockridge. Depends where we can get jobs really, what about you?

Hi Alan

We'll be staying with our son and daughter in law near Joondalup at first then we hope to be in Yanchep if all goes to plan.

Good luck with the medicals.

Steve

This is from immi site regarding processing time - you can see clearly that they expect max of 2 years from application to visa decision - not case officer I am assuming - I thought it was 95% but actually 75% of applicants they aim to meet within these standards - presumably as 30 June end of year then they can afford to be slack from now and stay within limits!!

Contributory Parent visas: If you are a new applicant for a Contributory Parent visa, you can expect to wait 12 to 24 months before visa decision. As these visas are not capped and queued, you will not be given a queue date and there is no queue calculator provided. Contributory Parent visas are categorised as a Priority 2 Group in the order of considering and disposing of family stream visas.

We aim to decide 75 per cent of visa applications in the timeframe specified for the relevant visa category.

Actual processing times are dependent on a number of factors, such as:

• whether you have provided all necessary supporting documents when you lodge your application
  • how well and how promptly you respond to any requests for additional information
  • how long it takes to complete any required checks on information you have provided to support your application
  • how long it takes to receive additional information required from areas outside the department particularly in relation to health character and national security
  • how many places are available in the migration programme.

This is from immi site regarding processing time - you can see clearly that they expect max of 2 years from application to visa decision - not case officer I am assuming - I thought it was 95% but actually 75% of applicants they aim to meet within these standards - presumably as 30 June end of year then they can afford to be slack from now and stay within limits!!

Contributory Parent visas: If you are a new applicant for a Contributory Parent visa, you can expect to wait 12 to 24 months before visa decision. As these visas are not capped and queued, you will not be given a queue date and there is no queue calculator provided. Contributory Parent visas are categorised as a Priority 2 Group in the order of considering and disposing of family stream visas.

We aim to decide 75 per cent of visa applications in the timeframe specified for the relevant visa category.

Actual processing times are dependent on a number of factors, such as:

• whether you have provided all necessary supporting documents when you lodge your application

• how well and how promptly you respond to any requests for additional information

• how long it takes to complete any required checks on information you have provided to support your application

• how long it takes to receive additional information required from areas outside the department particularly in relation to health character and national security

• how many places are available in the migration programme.

According to the Immigration web site:

In the 2015–16 Migration Programme year:

•1 500 places have been allocated to Parent (non-contributory) visas (subclasses 103 and 804)

•7 175 places have been allocated to Contributory Parent visas (subclasses 173/143 and subclasses 884/864).

Do you think they are relaxing now because they would have reached their target of 7175?? And....Does anyone happen to know or can guess about how many Contributory visas applications are received per year??

•1 500 places have been allocated to Parent (non-contributory) visas (subclasses 103 and 804)

•7 175 places have been allocated to Contributory Parent visas (subclasses 173/143 and subclasses 884/864).

Do you think they are relaxing now because they would have reached their target of 7175?? And....Does anyone happen to know or can guess about how many Contributory visas applications are received per year??

Interesting question - I'd like to know the answer to that one :yes:

I read somewhere on here a few months ago that apparently they normally receive a fraction over the yearly quota hence the lack of queue process that they have for non contributory. My fear is the same as yours. Assuming 30 June is year end then yes those in June and end of May - myself included - might be over the quota. However, if end of year is Dec then that might account for lack of movement over last Xmas. If anyone knows when year end is would love to hear as will make me either happy or sad Kim

I read somewhere on here a few months ago that apparently they normally receive a fraction over the yearly quota hence the lack of queue process that they have for non contributory. My fear is the same as yours. Assuming 30 June is year end then yes those in June and end of May - myself included - might be over the quota. However, if end of year is Dec then that might account for lack of movement over last Xmas. If anyone knows when year end is would love to hear as will make me either happy or sad Kim

Hope someone hears something soon, the waiting must be driving you all mad. I am currently waiting for immigration to acknowledge the 87,200$ we coughed up on Monday ... Doesn't take much for the disaster movie in my head to start chugging!