Guest guest36187

Hi,

I would like to know From those of you who visit Australia while your parent visa is being processed, did you have to get any letter or clearance from immigration , or your visitor visa was sufficient?

My parents will be visiting us in Aussie shortly, and are on a 3 year parent visitor visa which was granted last year. When I asked immigration , they said no problem you can travel, but I forgot to ask if permission was required. So pls help

(I posted this query earlier, but I didn't get any replies.... :frown:)

Judy.

Hi,

I would like to know From those of you who visit Australia while your parent visa is being processed, did you have to get any letter or clearance from immigration , or your visitor visa was sufficient?

My parents will be visiting us in Aussie shortly, and are on a 3 year parent visitor visa which was granted last year. When I asked immigration , they said no problem you can travel, but I forgot to ask if permission was required. So pls help

(I posted this query earlier, but I didn't get any replies.... :frown:)

Judy.

Hi Judy

Are you sure they have a 3 year parent visa as I've never heard of that - what subclass number is it?

While we've been waiting we've visited on a e651 visitor visa without any problems and this allows stays of up to 3 months at a time and is valid for a year and you can have multiple stays during this time.

Hope this helps.

Steve

I just don't understand why the date doesn't move on a bit quicker, 3 days in 3 weeks isn't a lot of progress. At this rate, processing times are going to be creeping past the 24 month mark. :cry:

Hi Val

our daughter who is our sponsor had to email IMMI with some changes this week. She took the liberty of asking them how long it was going to be before we were processed. Interestingly enough this morning she got an email back from IMMI stating that the current processing time from lodgement is 23 months and they quoted the Test email dateof 4 April 14. So fingers crossed that they stay on or before 23 months!!

Julie

Hi Judy

Are you sure they have a 3 year parent visa as I've never heard of that - what subclass number is it?

While we've been waiting we've visited on a e651 visitor visa without any problems and this allows stays of up to 3 months at a time and is valid for a year and you can have multiple stays during this time.

Hope this helps.

Steve

Hi Steve,

i should add 'multiple entry' . I have omitted and not edited after typing!! Sorry for confusing you. You are correct they cannot stay more than 3 months a time.

But thanks for the reply .

Judy.

Hi Steve,

i should add 'multiple entry' . I have omitted and not edited after typing!! Sorry for confusing you. You are correct they cannot stay more than 3 months a time.

But thanks for the reply .

Judy.

Hi Judy

That sounds like the e651 visa then but best check.

We have travelled on it and you do not have to do anything to notify them that you are going to use it, it is an electronic tourist visa and is attached to the passports on grant until it expires and is valid for multiple trips of up to 3 months and runs out after a year.

All the best

Steve

Hi Val

our daughter who is our sponsor had to email IMMI with some changes this week. She took the liberty of asking them how long it was going to be before we were processed. Interestingly enough this morning she got an email back from IMMI stating that the current processing time from lodgement is 23 months and they quoted the Test email dateof 4 April 14. So fingers crossed that they stay on or before 23 months!!

Julie

Hi Julie

Interesting and good that your daughter got a reply.

Hope the house sale is progressing well.

Cheers

Steve

Hi Val

Julie

Hi Julie, wow! A reply, that's excellent - it always feels better to know somebody is there. Here's hoping they stick to schedule or get ahead of it. I wonder if they have targets to beat like we set at work (and appraisals!). :-) Hope all is going well with you.

All the best,

Amanda

Hi all

second vac requested today!

We are now onshore as we arrived for our holiday yesterday, (rubbish timing, but then you'd need a crystal ball) so we have to leave before they can issue the visa.

For anyone in the same position, we have been told that we must leave Australia within 28 days of receiving the email, but this can be for a short period, like Dolphin going to Bali. If we are going for a short period, we must scan a copy of our travel plans to immi within the next seven days. They also say we need to allow three working days for the issue of the visa.

to be on the safe side, we are planning to go on a Sunday and return on a Saturday ... which will give them five working days.

Hope this is if some use to someone, and that it means the queue has moved forward a bit for the rest of you.

:wink:

Hi all

We are now onshore as we arrived for our holiday yesterday, (rubbish timing, but then you'd need a crystal ball) so we have to leave before they can issue the visa.

For anyone in the same position, we have been told that we must leave Australia within 28 days of receiving the email, but this can be for a short period, like Dolphin going to Bali. If we are going for a short period, we must scan a copy of our travel plans to immi within the next seven days. They also say we need to allow three working days for the issue of the visa.

to be on the safe side, we are planning to go on a Sunday and return on a Saturday ... which will give them five working days.

Hope this is if some use to someone, and that it means the queue has moved forward a bit for the rest of you.

So pleased for you Fisher1, you have had a bit of a fraught time of it. Hope everything runs smoothly from here on in and best wishes for your new life in Oz.icon7.png

Hi all

Congratulations, as you say rubbish timing! Never mind enjoy Bali and your new life inOz.

Shuffle up everyone Fisher is just about to go through the door!

Julie

Hi all

Great news - congratulations!

Guest geordie joe
Hi all

Brilliant news Fisher, all the stress you have been through over the last month can be forgotten.

OK, everyone in the waiting room shuffle your bums along one seat, it would be great to see the rest of the April 2014 crew posting good news over the next week to two.

Joe

Hi all

hi fisher

so pleased for you as you say rubbish timing but you have to carry on as normal or you would never leave the house. Bali is very interesting if you have never been before. We land back in Australia tomorrow. What part of Aus are you in?

Hi all

Yay many congratulations to you, always good and encouraging for us still keeping the seats warm in the waiting room, have a wonderful life

Maisie

Hi Val

Julie

23 months was up 3 days ago for us

Maisie

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone knows the current approx processing times for the aged contributory parent visa 864

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!!

Hi

Welcome to the forum thread.

Immi are currently assessing for finalization subclass 864 applications lodged up to 30 June 2015.

You can get automatic updates by emailing parents@border.gov.au and putting the word test in the subject line.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Steve

Hi Maisie

it's got to be next week for you......some lesser spotted CO is walking towards the waiting room door and calling your name, "Maisie, get ready to go"

fingers crossed

Julie

I'm on the edge of my seat Julie. I tried to shove my foot in the door as Fisher was leaving but wasn't quick enough!

Maisie

hi fisher

so pleased for you as you say rubbish timing but you have to carry on as normal or you would never leave the house. Bali is very interesting if you have never been before. We land back in Australia tomorrow. What part of Aus are you in?

Hi Dolphin

congratulations on your visa!

Were in Sydney. We've decided to go to New Zealand for a week, a choice based purely on distance ... Just couldn't handle the idea of another 7 hour flight! Where about are you?

thanks to everyone else for the good wishes. I'm not sure I've had a more stressful time than anyone else, I think I've just done more moaning :wink:. Now to tackle the scary business of paying the money.

Edited by Fisher1

Hi

Welcome to the forum thread.

Immi are currently assessing for finalization subclass 864 applications lodged up to 30 June 2015.

You can get automatic updates by emailing parents@border.gov.au and putting the word test in the subject line.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Steve

Thanks Steve, great help! Longer than I was hoping but isn't that always the way!! Thanks again!