Guest guest36187

My parents were told to do their police check, medical and AOS when their paperwork was lodged....but because of the huge delay their agent told them not to bother because they expire in 12 months so they would have to redo them. So they had to wait. They've just sent off their paperwork yesterday to do their police check....I've done the AOS...all approved. Now they're waiting for the go ahead to do their medical. The agent they're with is also helping another couple that lodged in April. ...so when THEY get told by immi to do their medicals....the agent will give mum and dad the nod to do theirs ?

Hi

Thanks for that info, it's really weird that your parents were given permission to do meds etc when they lodged in May 2014. Immigration are not treating everyone the same as we have people who lodged in April Harley Phil I believe who was contacted late last year to do meds etc. So much for doing things in date order!!! I wish your parents well and hopefully soon they will get approved.

Julie

Hi

Thanks for that info, it's really weird that your parents were given permission to do meds etc when they lodged in May 2014. Immigration are not treating everyone the same as we have people who lodged in April Harley Phil I believe who was contacted late last year to do meds etc. So much for doing things in date order!!! I wish your parents well and hopefully soon they will get approved.

Julie

So I lodged 23 May 2014 and not given HAP no!!!! - I think maybe immi doesn't like me!!! Kim

We are currently assessing for finalization applications lodged up to 1 April 2014. (no change from last week)

does anybody know from years gone by, if this date changes much, eg can it suddenly jump a couple of months, or does it generally move days rather than months.we have still got a long wait, lodged a 143 in oct 15.

I see others have had a response to the TEST e-mail, but it's not working for me (maybe they think that I'm rebelling in doing my police checks early if they read this and blacklisted me!). Did anyone else have a problem or is it just bad timing on my part when I send it I wonder?

Amanda

We are currently assessing for finalization applications lodged up to 1 April 2014. (no change from last week)

does anybody know from years gone by, if this date changes much, eg can it suddenly jump a couple of months, or does it generally move days rather than months.we have still got a long wait, lodged a 143 in oct 15.

Hi, I'm sure the most it has moved is one week since I've been on here :-( and sometimes it hasn't moved for a few weeks at all! Most frustrating. We are all hoping that it moves quickly through April, since there were more than usual lodged during March 2014. Your time will pass quite quickly I hope - it just seems to drag more the closer you get!

Amanda

Edited by AmandaJB

I see others have had a response to the TEST e-mail, but it's not working for me (maybe they think that I'm rebelling in doing my police checks early if they read this and blacklisted me!). Did anyone else have a problem or is it just bad timing on my part when I send it I wonder?

Amanda

some times when i check i dont get a reply, not sure why because it is automated.

Hi, I'm sure the most it has moved is one week since I've been on here :-( and sometimes it hasn't moved for a few weeks at all! Most frustrating. We are all hoping that it moves quickly through April, since there were more than usual lodged during March 2014. Your time will pass quite quickly I hope - it just seems to drag more the closer you get!

Amanda

thanks for the reply amanda, good luck with your move.

Guest geordie joe

Amanda

Yet another little quirk of the enigma that is the parents IMMI dept in Perth. Many people have spent years trying to study the rules and working practices of this most secret of departments, but all have failed and retreated to the corners of the waiting room. However every now and again someone in the room is able to see the light at the end of the tunnel and hopes it is indeed the exit door, and not the Kings Cross to Newcastle express bearing down on them.

Keep the faith

Hi

Julie

Hi Julie Yes its strange. We weren't able to do our medicals before getting 'the' email because we had no HAP number. When we rang the centre in Manchester, this was all the receptionist was interested in. According to her, no hap, no medical. Our daughter had a nightmare experience with Centrelink, who refused to believe her annual earnings because, being on maternity leave, she didn't have a January pay slip. We think the delay in getting both her employers and her accountant to write to centrlink caused our recent hiccup.

It really does seem as if, no matter what you do, they'll trip you up somehow! Still, as long as we all get there in the end ... I'm sure we'll all laugh about this one day. Okay, smile wryly then. Kath

Amanda

Hi Amanda

I haven't been able to get a reply all week.

Steve

Hi Amanda

I haven't been able to get a reply all week.

Steve

I'm glad I'm not alone then! Maybe it's just us, punishment for our rebellious streaks (police checks :-)

I could see on the mail tracking today that our police check forms have now been delivered - hopefully we'll receive them within the 10 days (plus posting time of course!).

Amanda

I have been been watching for about a year and seen stand still for over month but never jumped more than couple of weeks Kim

My IT savvy SOH or so he tells me says that with immi test emails set up that any test email will receive only one response then will not get one until immi accesses the page at their end and makes a change to the text. This change activates the email being able to be sent again to a previous test request email account. Therefore, if you have sent an email and the page not updated you will not get a response until it does. I 'tested' excuse pun his theory with 2 email accounts and it appears he is right!! Kim

My IT savvy SOH or so he tells me says that with immi test emails set up that any test email will receive only one response then will not get one until immi accesses the page at their end and makes a change to the text. This change activates the email being able to be sent again to a previous test request email account. Therefore, if you have sent an email and the page not updated you will not get a response until it does. I 'tested' excuse pun his theory with 2 email accounts and it appears he is right!! Kim

That's strange because I now have 3 auto responses giving the date of 1st April. I'm finding this all very depressing, have they only got one person there dealing with CPVs? You'd expect SOME movement from one week to the next.

That's strange because I now have 3 auto responses giving the date of 1st April. I'm finding this all very depressing, have they only got one person there dealing with CPVs? You'd expect SOME movement from one week to the next.

Thats absolutely right - over last 2 weeks they have made three changes - none to the date though Kim

Hi

Julie

Hi Julie,

Yes they were told that they needed to do those 3 things within 10 months of lodgment date. I must have all started changing right around the time they lodged i.e. they were given a HAP no. and the other lady I was talking to on here (Kim) wasn't, yet she lodged just a few days after mum and dad.

Anyway, we're all pretty powerless.....all we can do is wait and try to keep busy! :)

You guys will drive yourself crackers if you don't find something else to think about other than the date visas are currently being processed!

Best regards.

its ok we are already completely crackers so no problem. We could play 'I spy......... With my little eye something beginning with C O' Kim