Guest guest36187

Surely if others can leave and go to say Bali you could leave and go to NZ

i don't understand the Visa process I am afraid as we emigrated many years ago when life was a lot simpler !

Hopefully it all pans out for you as you must be worried sick

Thank you for the comforting words! To be honest I'm feeling totally demoralised. Our daughter contacted Centrelink the day the email arrived from immi, sat on the phone for hours, waited in their office with an eleven month baby, and coughed up the money for the bond when asked. We did everything we could to get everything in in time, and we should now have been cheering at the thought of validating the visa as we arrived for our holiday. We are thinking of extending our stopover in Singapore but we can't do that if the wretched Centrelink hasn't sent the letter.

At least we got the house insurance sorted ?

Thank you for the comforting words! To be honest I'm feeling totally demoralised. Our daughter contacted Centrelink the day the email arrived from immi, sat on the phone for hours, waited in their office with an eleven month baby, and coughed up the money for the bond when asked. We did everything we could to get everything in in time, and we should now have been cheering at the thought of validating the visa as we arrived for our holiday. We are thinking of extending our stopover in Singapore but we can't do that if the wretched Centrelink hasn't sent the letter.

At least we got the house insurance sorted 

In your dealings with Centrelink have you been able to create and online account with them ( again not sure how your visa app works ) or has your daughter been able to create an online account with them

I ask because we have an online account ,but we are Oz citizens ,and can upload an also get electronic letters I always when going to a Centrelink office put what I am asking in writing and get a recipt for the documents Just trying to think how you can get that letter urgently

Edited by Patphillips47

Hi fisher

the letter you need is sent to the person who was your assurer in my Case my daughter I think it took a couple of weeks for her to get it it came from Centrelink I think then my daughter emailed it to me. Are you going back to the uk after your 10 week holiday? Cos if you are then I don't see it being a problem our letter says we have to activate the visa before October 28. Good luck immi aren't the most helpful are they

Yes we knew we hadn't got it ( if you see what I mean) but hoped that all the bank receipts would be enough - since Centrelink send all the information to immi anyway. Our daughter is our assurer and contacted Centrelink the day we got the big email, but they sound like the most inneficient outfit on the planet! Her interview was feb 16th and the bond was lodged over a week ago so hopefully the letter will arrive soon. If we can get it back to immi quickly we can extend our stopover in Singapore. Otherwise, well scan it to them from Sydney (hopefully you don't have to be offshore to scan things) and fly to New Zealand or somewhere the same day.

feeling better now I've realised we don't need to cancel the holiday - it's our granson's first birthday...

thanks pat, I'll ask my daughter about it ... It's all made doubly difficult because she went back to work after maternity leave this week so her schedule is all over the place. I think she has an email account with them because she mentioned being allowed to send something by email.

Looking at at it more positively now - at least we passed the medicals!

PANIC!!!

i have had an email from immi saying that they can't proceed because we haven't emailed a scanned copy of the AOS letter. We haven't done this because we haven't had it yet. I scanned all the details of the assurance of support bond, bank meeting etc but that ain't enough. I explained the situation in my email, also that we were due to visit Australia soon (next week) for ten weeks. I asked for advice, particularly whether we could be warned ahead of time about the issue of the visa, enabling us to go offshore.

immi said to email the AOS letter as soon as it arrived, but then said that 'as our visa application is nearing completion it would not be advisable to be in Australia.'

Are re we supposed to cancel our flights and postpone the holiday? We had thought we could fly to New Zealand for a few days. I am at s bit of a loss now.

Advice?

You poor things - of course they must give you warning and it's so easy to duck out the country within 24 hours. Breathe deeply and good luck Kim

thanks pat, I'll ask my daughter about it ... It's all made doubly difficult because she went back to work after maternity leave this week so her schedule is all over the place. I think she has an email account with them because she mentioned being allowed to send something by email.

Looking at at it more positively now - at least we passed the medicals!

fingers crossed and I know how hard it is trying to be in two places at once

To me Centrelink is like the DWP it all depends on who you speak to I have over the years had some really good help from them but also some negativity I didn't hear my name called out in one office and when I eventually got seen to the lady was really rude and asked me if I was deaf !! Er yes actually I am I put a formal complaint in that day and got a huge apology letter

I am sure it will al work for you so get those bags packed and enjoy and try not to stress ,easier said than done as I know only too well

thanks for all the encouragement everyone. It really does help being on here! We've realised that if they won't proceed without the AOS letter then we don't need a warning ... We can just book a flight offshore before we scan the bl--- thing! I think the speed of the whole thing has thrown us from the start ... When we lodged our 103 application it took eight weeks to get an acknowledgment of receipt and we just assumed it would be the same with the 143. Anyway, nearly there now and I have no intention of unpacking my bags.

Guest geordie joe
thanks for all the encouragement everyone. It really does help being on here! We've realised that if they won't proceed without the AOS letter then we don't need a warning ... We can just book a flight offshore before we scan the bl--- thing! I think the speed of the whole thing has thrown us from the start ... When we lodged our 103 application it took eight weeks to get an acknowledgment of receipt and we just assumed it would be the same with the 143. Anyway, nearly there now and I have no intention of unpacking my bags.

I know it probably doesn't seem it right now but it will be worth it in the end.

Hi Steve,

I have heard from HSBC in Aus now. We have let them know our requirements (GBP account), and why, and our possible timeline and the advice is to wait until closer to the time that we will need the account (of course, if the rate improves we won't need it!) and then to e-mail our contact there one week before we plan to open the account, so we can discuss options and they can prepare the paperwork to set up the account. So far, so good.... although I think it may take more than one week.

Cheers

Amanda

Hi Amanda

Thanks, not sure they sound convincing to me though - what are your thoughts?

Cheers

Steve

Don't know about immigration but with Centrelink login I can take a photo with my phone and upload as a jpeg works fine and no need to scan

Am thinking its officialdom in general that's on go slow in Oz I applied for a permit to import our dog through BICON supposed to take 7 days er no it didn't Same with quarantine booking took much longer than expected

having said that we just got a letter from the DWP and they never changed my hubbys address 2 years ago when we came back to the UK and bought a place after renting

Worldwide endemic of pen pushers not pushing ?

hiiii to all friends.

Friends i want to knw about 143 visa

WE, (me, wife, my child) got visa 173 and we arrived in perth on 1/12/2015. But now i want to apply for 143. My question is can we apply for 143 while in australia or we have to leave australia to lodge application for 143. What forms i have to fill to complete the process and what is the processing time for 173 to 143. pls anyone enlighten me regarding this. i will be thankfull to all of you. plsss

Hi Amanda

Thanks, not sure they sound convincing to me though - what are your thoughts?

Cheers

Steve

Hi Steve, I'm sure it would all be fine. We have an account with HSBC in Sydney already so perhaps that makes it easier to deal with. Mind you, anything regarding large amounts of money at the moment terrifies me haha!

Amanda

Hi Steve, I'm sure it would all be fine. We have an account with HSBC in Sydney already so perhaps that makes it easier to deal with. Mind you, anything regarding large amounts of money at the moment terrifies me haha!

Amanda

Hi Amanda

We're with NAB over there, I'll try and see of they have a sterling account over there.

Got our police checks back today, have you done yours yet?

Steve

Don't know about immigration but with Centrelink login I can take a photo with my phone and upload as a jpeg works fine and no need to scan

Am thinking its officialdom in general that's on go slow in Oz I applied for a permit to import our dog through BICON supposed to take 7 days er no it didn't Same with quarantine booking took much longer than expected

having said that we just got a letter from the DWP and they never changed my hubbys address 2 years ago when we came back to the UK and bought a place after renting

Worldwide endemic of pen pushers not pushing ?

Australian red tape never moves fast, and there is a lot more of it than there is back home. Get used to it!!

Hi

It's Ali...

Question to dolphin1962....how they ask to pay for vac2 payment . What are the ways to pay..like we have to have money in Australia or we can pay from overset as well...

Hi Ali

the Only options seem to be with a credit card which works out very expensive as they charge for using a card or to send them a bank cheque by post your bank usually charge for this but only about $12. Hope this helps

Hi Amanda

We're with NAB over there, I'll try and see of they have a sterling account over there.

Got our police checks back today, have you done yours yet?

Steve

Hi Steve,

It would certainly be worth checking with NAB.

Wow you were fast with those police checks, I only sent ours yesterday and from tracking I can see they've not been delivered yet. How long did yours take to come back?

Amanda

Hi Steve,

It would certainly be worth checking with NAB.

Wow you were fast with those police checks, I only sent ours yesterday and from tracking I can see they've not been delivered yet. How long did yours take to come back?

Amanda

Hi Amanda

We did them online on the 21 February and they arrived in the post today - scarily quick!!

At least something is eh?!

All the best

Steve