Guest guest36187

Hi Harvi and everyone else

Visa status is GRANTED as of 30 minutes ago. We are now partying in Bali and so relieved that we will be allowed back in on Sat. Can't tell you how stressful these last few weeks have been. Well you all know about stress. The grant came in an email and is attached electronically to our passports. Well let's hope so or we will be in a pickle on Sat. Hope all you April lodgers have everything ready and they are very poor at communicating they did not acknowledge receipt of money which was nerve racking when you send it by mail. So be prepared to send them stuff and get no response but they are working slowly!!! Good luck to you all. Now to start applying for jobs and getting a mortgage as we no longer have enough money left to buy a house outright!

So very pleased for you :wink: you must all be chuffed to bits. ...... and when you fly back in to Oz on Saturday you can have another party!

Lots of best wishes to you in your new life - enjoy!

maisie

Visa status is GRANTED as of 30 minutes ago. We are now partying in Bali and so relieved that we will be allowed back in on Sat. Can't tell you how stressful these last few weeks have been. Well you all know about stress. The grant came in an email and is attached electronically to our passports. Well let's hope so or we will be in a pickle on Sat. Hope all you April lodgers have everything ready and they are very poor at communicating they did not acknowledge receipt of money which was nerve racking when you send it by mail. So be prepared to send them stuff and get no response but they are working slowly!!! Good luck to you all. Now to start applying for jobs and getting a mortgage as we no longer have enough money left to buy a house outright!

Wonderful news, great to see the April 14'ers on the move. Hopefully it won't be long for the rest of you - I have my fingers crossed that you will all soon be on your way!

Good luck with the job and house hunting.

Edited by Wishfull

Guest geordie joe

whoo hoo Linda, great news, and I can think of worst places to party.

Joe

Wonderful news - congratulations.

Hi

Fantastic news, many congratulations, just heard the door bang when you left the waiting room! Now come onIMMI get on with April 14

julie

Yeahh thats really good news. Congratulations to you linda

We are Eagerrrllyyyyyyyy waiting for CO :huh:.

Greetings to Bali, from Singapore! Great news Dolphin, I am so chuffed for you. It also encourages me because it seems that once they accept that all the bits of paper are there, it moves along very fast. We just need the AOS letter and will hopefully be following you in taking a swift (extra) holiday offshore.

congratulations, and good luck with the job hunt.

Evening all, We lodged our 143 Parent Visa with an acknowledgement date of 30th May 2014. We were initially led to believe the process would take 18 -24 months, from start to arriving in Oz. However, we are still awaiting a case officer to be allocated, which, given we had hoped to be in Perth around Jan/Feb, is beginning to wear us both down. Can anyone who has completed the process, give a rough indiction of how quick the process could go, once a case officer is allocated please? For the last couple of weeks, we are only getting a message saying they are working 1st April cases.

Now we are stalking @Maisiedaisie as we watch @Dolphin1962 swim through the door. Fire under control but third day burning. Was fun watching from my window the helicopters scooping water from Pittwater. Luckily wind not blowing our way so much now as smoke was terrible. Now no wind and so big cloud of smoke sitting there making it darker and darker even though it's bright sunshine. Kim

Evening all, We lodged our 143 Parent Visa with an acknowledgement date of 30th May 2014. We were initially led to believe the process would take 18 -24 months, from start to arriving in Oz. However, we are still awaiting a case officer to be allocated, which, given we had hoped to be in Perth around Jan/Feb, is beginning to wear us both down. Can anyone who has completed the process, give a rough indiction of how quick the process could go, once a case officer is allocated please? For the last couple of weeks, we are only getting a message saying they are working 1st April cases.

Hi we lodged on1 April 2014 we got our case officer on 29 Feb request for 2nd vac on 2 Mar and grant on 8 Mar so as long as you have everything they need it moves really quick. If you have not done your Ass of Support it takes about a months to get this so grant will take longer. Hope this helps

Hi This is bit spooky my husbands name is Allan Skeels and we lodged for a 173 only 7 days before you! I will definitely be 'screaming' loud on here when we get CO so watch this space. Kim

Pleaze don't forget us!! Please let us know any tips, things to worry about, things not to worry about!! I think we all realise you will be busy now, but I know it would be a great help if you could share your good, and bad experiences, the whole going through the process, and anything else you think relevant.

All the best on for your future............we are all.....................very jealous!!.....................

But it's also lovely to hear about things from 'the other side' lol.

Hi Julie,

We have done police checks, but informed by our MA that we have to wait to get medicals done after being allocated a case officer. Thanks Alan

Hi. Thats interesting so you did not receive a HAP no. Has your MA been advised by immi as to when to do your AOS. Kim

Hi. Thats interesting so you did not receive a HAP no. Has your MA been advised by immi as to when to do your AOS. Kim

Hi Kim, not that they have informed us, when should we have been given a HAP no, we have been told once the case officer has been allocated we get these, I have chased up MA regards AOS....Thanks for the reply, Alan

Hi. we didn't get a HAP no either which was being given with acknowledgement up until around our lodgement. Very confusing as not in date order do for example @HARLEYDPHIL who lodged 23 April didn't get one but someone who lodged 11 May did. Sorry buzzing you with questions - just keen to understand what's likely to happen when finally get to CO. Thanks Kim

Hi. we didn't get a HAP no either which was being given with acknowledgement up until around our lodgement. Very confusing as not in date order do for example @HARLEYDPHIL who lodged 23 April didn't get one but someone who lodged 11 May did. Sorry buzzing you with questions - just keen to understand what's likely to happen when finally get to CO. Thanks Kim

All good stuff, just sent email to MA asking about both HAP and AOS, I will share the reply, if it helps. Alan

Just to add my bit - confusingly, we didn't get a case officer until I wrote to them, panicking about our upcoming oz holiday, despite my message with the email including all the paperwork, asking for a case officer. Our visa has been held up by the assurance of support letter which is still pending. The email requesting all the paperwork said that centrelink would not initiate AOS interviews unless our assurer presented them with a copy of the request email from immi, so I can't see how the AOS could have been done earlier. Despite one part of this request saying that centrelink would send all information about our assurer direct to immi, a different page of the letter said that we must send them a scanned copy of the assurance of support letter with the police checks etc.

Our daughter found centrelink difficult to contact (1hr 49 mins in a phone queue) and found it easier to turn up in person to make an appointment. Our delay was caused by our daughters inability to produce a January pay slip to prove he earnings. This was because she was at the end of a years maternity leave. They accepted a letter from her accountant ... So warn your assurer to make sure they have adequate proof of earnings on hand ahead of the interview.

Hope this is of some help to someone. ... Although my experience is that the rules seem to change all the time :-) Good luck!

All good stuff, just sent email to MA asking about both HAP and AOS, I will share the reply, if it helps. Alan

Hi Alan

Thanks for the update, we lodged just a few weeks after you and we are really stressed that IMMI haven't contacted us about meds, police reports or AOS. Must admit I was really disappointed that you hadn't been contacted either. Would be extremely grateful if you would share any updates with us. I know that IMMI I had a backlog and a lot of applicants meds were expiring but really this is now getting very silly. At this rate we will all fail our meds when we eventually get asked to do them as our blood pressure will be through the roof!

Julie

Hi Alan

Thanks for the update, we lodged just a few weeks after you and we are really stressed that IMMI haven't contacted us about meds, police reports or AOS. Must admit I was really disappointed that you hadn't been contacted either. Would be extremely grateful if you would share any updates with us. I know that IMMI I had a backlog and a lot of applicants meds were expiring but really this is now getting very silly. At this rate we will all fail our meds when we eventually get asked to do them as our blood pressure will be through the roof!

Julie

Well, I am stilll totally confused as to what order things are done. Is it CO appointed, asked for meds and police check; or is it asked for meds and police checks then a CO appointed? Oh, and where does Form 80 and the request for AOS fit in? People seem to be doing things in a different order and try as I might I haven't been able to get to grips with it!

p.s. I have read that some are not asked for Form 80 - any idea what the criteria are for IMMI to request this?

Edited by Sadge

Well, I am stilll totally confused as to what order things are done. Is it CO appointed, asked for meds and police check; or is it asked for meds and police checks then a CO appointed? Oh, and where does Form 80 and the request for AOS fit in? People seem to be doing things in a different order and try as I might I haven't been able to get to grips with it!

p.s. I have read that some are not asked for Form 80 - any idea what the criteria are for IMMI to request this?

Hi Sadge

i think it's anyone's guess at the moment. I was expecting to be contacted to do police, meds and AOS

, after they were all completed I thought a case officer contacted you and then may or may not ask for a Form 80.

I,m loosing the will to live at the moment with all this!

Julie