Guest guest36187

Hi Amanda

We did them online on the 21 February and they arrived in the post today - scarily quick!!

At least something is eh?!

All the best

Steve

At last something was quick in this long drawn out process :-). I didn't realise they could be done online, we had to send passport sized photos, did your scan yours in? At least if we had done that they would have arrived by now.

Amanda

Hi Dolphin

Have a great time in Bali, you deserve it! Your info has been really helpful because I can now sort of work out when our missing letter is likely to arrive. We might be following you to Bali before too long - although our destination will definitely be decided by price! You'll be back from Bali with permenant residence. Magic.

At last something was quick in this long drawn out process :-). I didn't realise they could be done online, we had to send passport sized photos, did your scan yours in? At least if we had done that they would have arrived by now.

Amanda

Hi

Yes we scanned in the passports, passport photos and two utility bills - very easy.

I'm sure yours will be back quickly.

Steve

Well folks it's happened!!!!!!w

2nd vac requested and visa will be granted as soon as we are offshore making plans now to go toBali for a week

cant believe it's finally happened at last Hooray

Good luck to everyone else waiting xxxx

As I am planning also being in Australia when hopefully CPV is granted, how do you know when to leave the country, have they told you the date? How does it work?

Bev

Hi Dolphin

Have a great time in Bali, you deserve it! Your info has been really helpful because I can now sort of work out when our missing letter is likely to arrive. We might be following you to Bali before too long - although our destination will definitely be decided by price! You'll be back from Bali with permenant residence. Magic.

Hi Fisher have just looked at exact dates and the assurance of support was lodged on 18 March and the letter that Immi want was not sent until 20 April so just over a month. Bali was cheap for flights and there are cheap places to stay but we decided to splash out a bit as it will be our last holiday for a long while as we have to start job hunting as soon as we get back and join the real world of work. Hope you get your letter soon

As I am planning also being in Australia when hopefully CPV is granted, how do you know when to leave the country, have they told you the date? How does it work?

Bev

I was worried about this too but when they send you the email for the 2nd vac fee it says that if you are in Australia you have to send Immi a scanned copy of your departure within seven days of the vac request. We had to re enter Aus before 28 Oct to activate the parent visa but as we need to get jobs we are leaving immediately as our funds are getting low as you can imagine and also I have a 12 year old son who I need to enrol in school as he has been on an extended holiday. He is not looking forward to school but it will be good for him as he will start to make friends then and hopefully settle as he would go back to the uk tomorrow if he had the choice as he is missing his school friends

Hi Ali

the Only options seem to be with a credit card which works out very expensive as they charge for using a card or to send them a bank cheque by post your bank usually charge for this but only about $12. Hope this helps

What about if want to pay from overseas..any way to do dat

Hi Ali

the Only options seem to be with a credit card which works out very expensive as they charge for using a card or to send them a bank cheque by post your bank usually charge for this but only about $12. Hope this helps

http://www.gmvisas.com/about-us/forex-deals/

The following forex companies can arrange A$ bank drafts from their UK offices - worth considering, IMHO:

> Moneycorp (supporters of this excellent forum)

> HiFX

> Halo Financial

I recommend using one of these companies for a bank draft to pay the 2nd Visa Application Charges rather than your High Street bank.

Best regards.

Hi Linda,

Got my reply for my other question so please ignore it :)

Another one though .. I though you have to validate your visa at the earliest of you Medical or Police Check expiry. Where do you think they got October 2016? Is that a significant date?

Cheers,

Nassim

Hi there,

I was approved as an AOS for my parents on 18th February 2016 - how long do you think till I get assigned a Case Officer? They've been told to hold off on the police checks and medicals for the moment until they get assigned a CO. I've been looking at everyone's timelines and there doesn't seem to be any indication of the length of time between AOS Approval and being assigned a CO. My parents had their application acknowledged on the 19th May 2014.....so we are almost at that 2 year waiting period mark.....getting closer!! :)

Hi there,

I was approved as an AOS for my parents on 18th February 2016 - how long do you think till I get assigned a Case Officer? They've been told to hold off on the police checks and medicals for the moment until they get assigned a CO. I've been looking at everyone's timelines and there doesn't seem to be any indication of the length of time between AOS Approval and being assigned a CO. My parents had their application acknowledged on the 19th May 2014.....so we are almost at that 2 year waiting period mark.....getting closer!! :)

hi I lodged 23 May 2014 and was acknowledged in December 2014. Is 19 May your lodgement or acknowledgement date. If acknowledgement you should have been assigned a Case Officer ages ago. If it's your lodgement day ie day they actually received it then mostly like another 6 weeks at going rate Kim

Hi Kim,

Sorry yes 19th May was their Lodgment date. We've done everything there is to do now, bank guarantee paid, AOS approved, just waiting for the go ahead for medicals and police checks which I expect they will get told to do once we get the CO assigned. I think it starts moving pretty fast after that. Thanks for the info! Sinead

Hi Kim,

Sorry yes 19th May was their Lodgment date. We've done everything there is to do now, bank guarantee paid, AOS approved, just waiting for the go ahead for medicals and police checks which I expect they will get told to do once we get the CO assigned. I think it starts moving pretty fast after that. Thanks for the info! Sinead

Nice to have some company as no one near my date so welcome to the waiting room. You might hear a bit of wailing and hair pulling - you get used to it!!! Kim

Nice to have some company as no one near my date so welcome to the waiting room. You might hear a bit of wailing and hair pulling - you get used to it!!! Kim

Lol.....the wait for my parents is painful. I'm in Brisbane. ...lived here 11 years.....have you done your paperwork for your AOS? Or do you not need to do that part? Looks like we will be finding out info around the same time!

Lol.....the wait for my parents is painful. I'm in Brisbane. ...lived here 11 years.....have you done your paperwork for your AOS? Or do you not need to do that part? Looks like we will be finding out info around the same time!

Hi we are going 173 route as so to spread cost and this doesnt require AOS until we convert to 143 in 2 years. We moved out here to Sydney nearly 3 years ago as we have two daughters migrated here plus a younger son, just 19 who we wanted to finish school here so came when he was 16 as an international student. Been long old wait but nearly there. Being nosy - did your parents get their HAP no for medical when they got their acknowledgement or did immi contact recently to ask you to do AOS and medicals? We didnt get a HAP no as apparently stopped just as we applied so assume will get it when we get CO. Kim

Hi Fisher have just looked at exact dates and the assurance of support was lodged on 18 March and the letter that Immi want was not sent until 20 April so just over a month. Bali was cheap for flights and there are cheap places to stay but we decided to splash out a bit as it will be our last holiday for a long while as we have to start job hunting as soon as we get back and join the real world of work. Hope you get your letter soon

Hi Dolphin

Great news this morning - still no AOS letter but woke up to a really helpful email from immi. Apparently they rang my daughter and talked our situation over with her. We now have a case officer who has advised us to go ahead with our travel plans and simply scan the AOS when it comes and they will let us know when to leave. If we want to see out our holiday and have the visas granted when we leave, we can do that, but they are also happy for us to take a little offshore jaunt and grant while we are away.

I I am so relieved, I can't tell you. We can now look forward to our visit again without stressing about AOS letters or hanging round in Singapore. Best of all we can validate our visas while we are there and not be tied to revisiting by February next year (the date our police cents run out).

PHEW!

Hi there,

Hi

welcome to the forum, it,s so good to find someone who has info for a lodging date in May 14. There's a group of us from jUne 14 onwards floundering around in the dark wondering why nothing has happened. Can I ask when were you asked to do the AOS and by whom? You say your parents have been told to hold off from meds and police reports (is this info coming from IMMI or an Agent?). Sorry about all the questions but any light you can shed on this would be extremely helpful to us all.

Julie

Hi Dolphin

Great news this morning - still no AOS letter but woke up to a really helpful email from immi. Apparently they rang my daughter and talked our situation over with her. We now have a case officer who has advised us to go ahead with our travel plans and simply scan the AOS when it comes and they will let us know when to leave. If we want to see out our holiday and have the visas granted when we leave, we can do that, but they are also happy for us to take a little offshore jaunt and grant while we are away.

I I am so relieved, I can't tell you. We can now look forward to our visit again without stressing about AOS letters or hanging round in Singapore. Best of all we can validate our visas while we are there and not be tied to revisiting by February next year (the date our police cents run out).

PHEW!

Hallelujah now go enjoy

My parents were told to do their police check, medical and AOS when their paperwork was lodged....but because of the huge delay their agent told them not to bother because they expire in 12 months so they would have to redo them. So they had to wait. They've just sent off their paperwork yesterday to do their police check....I've done the AOS...all approved. Now they're waiting for the go ahead to do their medical. The agent they're with is also helping another couple that lodged in April. ...so when THEY get told by immi to do their medicals....the agent will give mum and dad the nod to do theirs

Sent the test email today and reply received -

We are currently assessing for finalization applications lodged up to 1 April 2014. (no change from last week)

Come on IMMI - about time the date moved on :mad:

I'm really hoping that IMMI will amend.this date on Friday or I might just cry!

Maisie