Guest guest36187

Hey there....am I reading your timeline correctly..you've been waiting for a CO since you had your AOS approved in September 2015?!

yes we are done with AOS in september 2015 to speed up process.

when immi. sent us acknowledgment letter mail they said to be done with medicals , police clearance and AOS after 1 year of lodgement date to save time.

Hey there....am I reading your timeline correctly..you've been waiting for a CO since you had your AOS approved in September 2015?!

Hi Guys

yes there was an update at the top of the page , which says the office is closed on Monday for Labour Day, so one day short next week.

Julie

Hi Guys

yes there was an update at the top of the page , which says the office is closed on Monday for Labour Day, so one day short next week.

Julie

oops! one more sad news :confused:

and dont know what they are doing if they are even working or just playing cards. its been 3 weeks not even one update :realmad:

Hi Everyone, hope you are all well. Just a moment of doubt here! We are going to be lodging my Mothers CPV 143 but my husband will the sponsor - this will be ok - won't it - as in him sponsoring her - I don't have to be the sponsor?

Many Thanks, Adrienne

Hi Everyone, hope you are all well. Just a moment of doubt here! We are going to be lodging my Mothers CPV 143 but my husband will the sponsor - this will be ok - won't it - as in him sponsoring her - I don't have to be the sponsor?

Many Thanks, Adrienne

Hi Adrienne, it seems that the terms "sponsor" and "assurer" (who is the person who gives the AoS) are wrongly interchanged. The 143 and 173 both require an AoS (assurance of support bond) and immi state on the application form that the assurer can be any person over the age of 18 who is an Australian citizen or Australian permanent resident. The assurance may be provided jointly by up to 3 people.

Hope this helps. As you see, there is no need to worry.

Hi Adrienne, it seems that the terms "sponsor" and "assurer" (who is the person who gives the AoS) are wrongly interchanged. The 143 and 173 both require an AoS (assurance of support bond) and immi state on the application form that the assurer can be any person over the age of 18 who is an Australian citizen or Australian permanent resident. The assurance may be provided jointly by up to 3 people.

Hope this helps. As you see, there is no need to worry.

An AoS isn't required for subclass 173 visa applications.

Best regards.

Many Thanks, Adrienne

Hi Adrienne.

Why would you not be the sponsor? Are you not settled in Australia while your husband is?

As indicated in AMP's post, maybe you are confusing the role of sponsor with that of the assurer?

Best regards.

Thanks AMP and Alan for your responses. I am settled - have been a citizen since 2011. I have children and have been a stay at home mum with sporadic part-time employment and currently unemployed. The house and car are in my husband's name and we get no centrelink things such as family tax credits etc. I personally do not meet the minimum earning requirements for the CPV however my husband's income far exceeds this.

So what you are saying is that I can /am to be the sponsor and my husband is to be the assurer - undertaking all financial responsibility for her when she is here? My sister is also here - would it be more beneficial to our application to have her as a 'co-assurer'? (Without impacting a further CPV application for her husband's parents?). Although, she is not yet a citizen, they are currently waiting for a citizenship ceremony date.

Many Thanks

Purpleal

Thanks AMP and Alan for your responses. I am settled - have been a citizen since 2011. I have children and have been a stay at home mum with sporadic part-time employment and currently unemployed. The house and car are in my husband's name and we get no centrelink things such as family tax credits etc. I personally do not meet the minimum earning requirements for the CPV however my husband's income far exceeds this.

So what you are saying is that I can /am to be the sponsor and my husband is to be the assurer - undertaking all financial responsibility for her when she is here? My sister is also here - would it be more beneficial to our application to have her as a 'co-assurer'? (Without impacting a further CPV application for her husband's parents?). Although, she is not yet a citizen, they are currently waiting for a citizenship ceremony date.

Many Thanks

Purpleal

Hi again.

> The assurer doesn't assume all financial responsibility for the visa holder.

> I am generally of the view that one should not go for a joint AoS if one person can meet the requirements. There's not a lot of point in having two or three people with joint and several liabilities.

Have you and your parents discussed strategy with a migration agent?

Best regards.

Hi Linda,

Got my reply for my other question so please ignore it :)

Another one though .. I though you have to validate your visa at the earliest of you Medical or Police Check expiry. Where do you think they got October 2016? Is that a significant date?

Cheers,

Nassim

I have n idea where they got Octber from but they would have to give a different date because they had told us to do our checks so early that they had to change the date our medicals expired on 1 April 2016 so I suppose they thought they would give us an extra six months because not everyone would be ready to go immediately.

I have n idea where they got Octber from but they would have to give a different date because they had told us to do our checks so early that they had to change the date our medicals expired on 1 April 2016 so I suppose they thought they would give us an extra six months because not everyone would be ready to go immediately.

Thanks Linda :)

Having read all the comments about Form 80, I thought I would download it and take a look, even though I know I have many more months left in the Waiting Room. It struck me that many of the questions, apart from holiday and employment history, duplicate information that I have already supplied on form 47PA. So my questions is this - does everyone applying for a CPV 143 have to complete a Form 80? If not what criteria is used to decide who does and does not need to complete the form?

Also on that glorious day when I arrive in Australia having been told that I have successfully cleared all the hurdles, how is the visa granted? From information on the IMMI website, I assume the visa is associated with my passport so is it a stamp in my passport, a piece of paper or just an electronic record? Assuming it takes 2 years for a visa to be granted, which is what the current timelines suggest, my passport will expire a few months after I arrive in Australia, what are the implications of renewing my passport?

It's not that I am a worrier, just like to plan ahead..................

Having read all the comments about Form 80, I thought I would download it and take a look, even though I know I have many more months left in the Waiting Room. It struck me that many of the questions, apart from holiday and employment history, duplicate information that I have already supplied on form 47PA. So my questions is this - does everyone applying for a CPV 143 have to complete a Form 80? If not what criteria is used to decide who does and does not need to complete the form?

Also on that glorious day when I arrive in Australia having been told that I have successfully cleared all the hurdles, how is the visa granted? From information on the IMMI website, I assume the visa is associated with my passport so is it a stamp in my passport, a piece of paper or just an electronic record? Assuming it takes 2 years for a visa to be granted, which is what the current timelines suggest, my passport will expire a few months after I arrive in Australia, what are the implications of renewing my passport?

It's not that I am a worrier, just like to plan ahead..................

Hi

I understand that it will be the Case Officer who decides whether Immi require a form 80 or not, most of us that contribute to the forum on this subject have completed, or at least started to complete it, just in case it is asked for at short notice at the time of assessment.

It's true that there is much duplication with the original application form but form 80 is rather more detailed in many areas.

I also believe that the visa is electronic and will be attached to the passport numbers used on the application form, I think that the passport should have at least 6 months to run at time of visa grant and it is easy enough to renew a UK passport from Australia when the time is right; however it is possible to renew your passport a good few months prior to expiry (check the UK passport office website for details) and you can notify Immi of new passport numbers and details using form 929 (I think) again at the appropriate time and they will acknowledge this change.

Hope this helps.

Steve

Hi

I understand that it will be the Case Officer who decides whether Immi require a form 80 or not, most of us that contribute to the forum on this subject have completed, or at least started to complete it, just in case it is asked for at short notice at the time of assessment.

It's true that there is much duplication with the original application form but form 80 is rather more detailed in many areas.

I also believe that the visa is electronic and will be attached to the passport numbers used on the application form, I think that the passport should have at least 6 months to run at time of visa grant and it is easy enough to renew a UK passport from Australia when the time is right; however it is possible to renew your passport a good few months prior to expiry (check the UK passport office website for details) and you can notify Immi of new passport numbers and details using form 929 (I think) again at the appropriate time and they will acknowledge this change.

Hope this helps.

Steve

Thanks Steve, that is really helpful. I think that I will complete the Form 80 in advance - just in case.

I will also continue to monitor the timelines and if things look tight with my passport expiry date seems sensible to renew it in advance and let Immi know. I get the impression that once a CO is assigned things move pretty quickly and it all sounds a bit frantic.

@maisiedaisy you are up now in waiting room in front of all in row. Hope you get CO assigned by today.Good luck to you

Here is the april 2014 waiting room list

1. Maisiedaisy - 9th april 2014

2. Harvi13(me) - 15th arpil 2014

3. @HARLEYDPHIL- 23rd april 2014

4. Joop - 30th april 2014

Let's hope we see some movement on the dates soon, we've been stuck on 1 April for a while now :sad:

Hi,

I would like to know From those of you who visited Australia while your parent visa was being processed, did you have to get any letter or clearance from immigration , or your visitor visa was sufficient? My parents will be visiting us in Aussie shortly, and are on a 3 year parent visitor visa which was granted last year. When I asked immigration , they said no problem you can travel, but I forgot to ask if permission was required. So pls help

@maisiedaisy you are up now in waiting room in front of all in row. Hope you get CO assigned by today.Good luck to you

Here is the april 2014 waiting room list

1. Maisiedaisy - 9th april 2014

2. Harvi13(me) - 15th arpil 2014

3. @HARLEYDPHIL- 23rd april 2014

4. Joop - 30th april 2014

I'll be sure to let you know when I hear something but I'm not holding my breath

Maisie

I'll be sure to let you know when I hear something but I'm not holding my breath

Maisie

We all are holding our breaths - well I am also holding my breath as watching a bush fire a couple of kilometres away from our window and very smoky Kim

@Dolphin1962 hey there linda whats your application status now ? You got your visa granted?

Its been long time no update from immigration. Stuck on 1st april. Waiting waiting and waiting for immi. Email :/

harvi

Hi Harvi and everyone else

Visa status is GRANTED as of 30 minutes ago. We are now partying in Bali and so relieved that we will be allowed back in on Sat. Can't tell you how stressful these last few weeks have been. Well you all know about stress. The grant came in an email and is attached electronically to our passports. Well let's hope so or we will be in a pickle on Sat. Hope all you April lodgers have everything ready and they are very poor at communicating they did not acknowledge receipt of money which was nerve racking when you send it by mail. So be prepared to send them stuff and get no response but they are working slowly!!! Good luck to you all. Now to start applying for jobs and getting a mortgage as we no longer have enough money left to buy a house outright!

• Like 1