Guest guest36187

Hi Sadge

i think it's anyone's guess at the moment. I was expecting to be contacted to do police, meds and AOS

, after they were all completed I thought a case officer contacted you and then may or may not ask for a Form 80.

I,m loosing the will to live at the moment with all this!

Julie

Me too Julie - I just console myself (a little) with the thought that there are others going through all this stress too. As we are within days of each other I'm keeping a very close watch on your signature :-)

Hi Harvi and everyone else

Visa status is GRANTED as of 30 minutes ago. We are now partying in Bali and so relieved that we will be allowed back in on Sat. Can't tell you how stressful these last few weeks have been. Well you all know about stress. The grant came in an email and is attached electronically to our passports. Well let's hope so or we will be in a pickle on Sat. Hope all you April lodgers have everything ready and they are very poor at communicating they did not acknowledge receipt of money which was nerve racking when you send it by mail. So be prepared to send them stuff and get no response but they are working slowly!!! Good luck to you all. Now to start applying for jobs and getting a mortgage as we no longer have enough money left to buy a house outright!

Hi Linda

Many congratulations, hope you find life in Perth all that you want it to be and much much more!

Hopefully we'll be joining you soon(ish).

All the best

Steve

Hi Sadge

i think it's anyone's guess at the moment. I was expecting to be contacted to do police, meds and AOS

, after they were all completed I thought a case officer contacted you and then may or may not ask for a Form 80.

I,m loosing the will to live at the moment with all this!

Julie

Hi Julie

Quite understandable and feelings shared :frown:

All the best

Steve

I think they are making it up as they go along! Some good news for us - daughter just emailed to say. Centrelink have sent the missing AOS letter by email "helpfully disguised to look as much like spam as possible" So now we just need to email a scanned copy and if we're really lucky we'll get our visa. Once the little matter of 87000 or so dollars has been settled.

to the confused ones .... My advice is ... Do your police checks now, arrange medicals the minute you get your email from immi, get your assurer to contact centrelink the minute you get your mail and do form 80 now, because if you do need it it takes ages to fill in and nearly drove me to the gin bottle.

Hi Julie

Quite understandable and feelings shared :frown:

All the best

Steve

Hi all this is the reply from my MA, no further forward just try to keep the stress levels down, we are doing this by 3 day travels abroad, so far, Canada (was a week) Berlin, Brussels, Rotterdam, Rome, Venice, Prague & Cardiff since Xmas!

Hi Alan and Karen,

When we hear from the Parent Visa Centre (PVC) they will request that you attend your medicals (this is when they advise your HAP ID numbers), apply for Police Clearance Certificates and arrange your AOS.

The current processing times are as follows:

OFFSHORE APPLICANTS (subclass 143/173)

In the 2015-16 Migration Programme year, 7 175 Contributory Parent visa places are available for applicants applying from in and outside Australia.

Once your application is allocated to a case officer you or your authorised contact will be contacted and asked to provide more documents including police certificates and health clearances to complete your application. Please do not send documents until you are requested to do so.

We are currently assessing for finalization applications lodged up to 1 April 2014. (no change from last week)

Some clients will have previously been requested to commence medical examinations and police clearances by a specified date and are concerned that these may now become invalid.

Once your application is allocated to a case officer documents may be requested to consider the application further. This may include a request to provide medical examinations and police clearances obtained following lodgement of the application. A case officer will assess the suitability of information including the validity of health and character clearances and contact will be made with the applicant or their authorised representative if further information is required. In some instances applicants may be asked to provide updated information. This will be assessed by a case officer and an applicant notified if this requirement applies to them. Thank you for your patience in this matter.

We are waiting for a client who lodged their application on the 9th April 2014 to be processed, so we are finding these processing times are pretty accurate.

It is difficult to given an exact time scale as things have moved fairly slowly with regard to processing applications, but rest assured as soon as we hear from the PVC we will contact you straight away.

@maisiedaisy i think they are just inches away from you

look at the reply (above) by alansteel they said they are waiting for a client who lodged their application on the 9th april 2014 to be processed. As they said ,for sure they are just 1 or 2 day away from you.good luck to you

As am allready Loosing my control :।

cmon immi. Make it quick. We did wait so long allready.

I'm starting to get a sinking feeling now. We know that there are slightly more applicants than places each year and I'm assuming 30 June is switch over date which would mean us applicants in May/June have a cut off date in there for this years quota? If correct my sinking feeling is that's it's before 23 May and I should be contemplating dossing down on the waiting room floor until at least July. Someone tell me I'm wrong PLEASE Kim

I'm starting to get a sinking feeling now. We know that there are slightly more applicants than places each year and I'm assuming 30 June is switch over date which would mean us applicants in May/June have a cut off date in there for this years quota? If correct my sinking feeling is that's it's before 23 May and I should be contemplating dossing down on the waiting room floor until at least July. Someone tell me I'm wrong PLEASE Kim

Hi Kim

I'm sure you are wrong. processing time is still taking 23 months and a few days.cProviding they keep this schedule May and June applicants should be OK. At the end of the day we have no control but let's see how the date moves forward in April. hopefully they will get a wriggle on a clear a good part of April next week. It's time for some progress now!

Julie

Hi Kim, we know that feeling, but we have decided that whatever will be will be, so if we are in Perth in May, June or July dare I say August, so be it, the important bit to us, is to be there! Easy to say, proving harder to do, still getting up at silly hours checking emails, although we don't expect anything till end of April after reading through this thread, and our answer back from our MA yesterday!

Hi Kim, we know that feeling, but we have decided that whatever will be will be, so if we are in Perth in May, June or July dare I say August, so be it, the important bit to us, is to be there! Easy to say, proving harder to do, still getting up at silly hours checking emails, although we don't expect anything till end of April after reading through this thread, and our answer back from our MA yesterday!

As we decided to move out early so that our youngest son could do his HSC it now more of a case that everything is here now and we are ducking and diving with visas to try and stay until we need to leave for grant. All worth it as he did brill at school and loved it. Kim

Hi,sense all the impatience for the April'movers' hang on in there it will soon be over for you then it'll be the turn of the May movers to get hyped !! had a bit of a schock from my daughter,she sent a photo of a SNAKE outside her front door when she got home from work!!! what with ants ,flying insects,getting bites on the beach,kangaroo using the path fenced off from neighbours,what am I thinking!!!

I'm not such a happy bunny with the 4 April news now, more a mad March hare, haha. oh yes, and Easter weekend coming up too - sigh..... Still, I'm going to predict some bigger jumps this month.... (or maybe that's just the Easter bunny). I still hear my son's advice "no negatives, only positives" - going to stick with that to keep me going :-) Our time will come, for us all, at least we are all in this together!

Immi now showing 4 April :daydreaming:

Hi All,

I'm going stir crazy in the waiting room.

Seriously.........IMMI, 3 days in 3 weeks ???

There was a hope 3 weeks ago that we would have a CO before our 30th Wedding Anniversary on the 15th

Guess I need to rethink a prezzy Lol:laugh:

Maybe we'll get another update tomorrow saying they have moved along to actually picking a 4th April application up from under their coffee cup.

Phil

Hi All,

There was a hope 3 weeks ago that we would have a CO before our 30th Wedding Anniversary on the 15th

Maybe we'll get another update tomorrow saying they have moved along to actually picking a 4th April application up from under their coffee cup.

Phil

Yeh hope so they will update tomorrow almost 90% for sure they will

Hi Alan, we are a long way behind you but of like mind we went to Budapest, Belgium, Germany, switzerland, Italy (ligurian riviera)

australia last year Florida and Barbados early this year and are going to Paris, Sicily, Maastricht this year, might as well see what we can

while the travel is cheaper than from Oz, if we ever get there! takes the mind temporarily off the waiting game!

Good luck and I hope you and others in April/May 14 hear something SOON.

As we decided to move out early so that our youngest son could do his HSC it now more of a case that everything is here now and we are ducking and diving with visas to try and stay until we need to leave for grant. All worth it as he did brill at school and loved it. Kim

Glad to hear your decision to go out early as a good one. We are planning on dong the same. Could you tell me if you moved your home contents over as we are getting lots of different advise if this is allowed or not .

Thanks in advance

lisa

Glad to hear your decision to go out early as a good one. We are planning on dong the same. Could you tell me if you moved your home contents over as we are getting lots of different advise if this is allowed or not .

Thanks in advance

lisa

Hi. We moved stock lock and barrel and started with massive de-clutter - scarily we have a house double the size in uk and have managed to fill it - so much for de-cluttering!! We didn't sell our house but rented out - just in case - rent just covers our rent here so no big loss. We cheekily used our second daughter's name on shipping details as she had emigrated year before as we have had two daughters emigrate to Sydney. We have to be positive that all will go well with visa - tears and panic attacks start just thinking about thinking what if we get refused!! Kim

Hi All,

Phil

Haha - had me in stitches as can actually imagine some poor applicant 'stuck' under an immi coffee cup. Good luck with last minute dash for anniversary pressie but here's hoping you get bonus in form of CO. I can't get to grips with fact that @Dolphin1962 was a week only with CO yet they can only move 3 days in 3 weeks - that's a whole department achieving 1 day per week - diabolical stats Kim