Guest guest36187

Hi Dolphin

congratulations on your visa!

Were in Sydney. We've decided to go to New Zealand for a week, a choice based purely on distance ... Just couldn't handle the idea of another 7 hour flight! Where about are you?

thanks to everyone else for the good wishes. I'm not sure I've had a more stressful time than anyone else, I think I've just done more moaning :wink:. Now to tackle the scary business of paying the money.

Hi

We are in Sydney on Northern Shores and will do trek to NZ as and when we finally get to grant as got rellies there. Kim

Hi

We are in Sydney on Northern Shores and will do trek to NZ as and when we finally get to grant as got rellies there. Kim

Hi Kim.

We we love the north shore ... Did a house swap there a few years ago and had a great big house with a veranda overlooking Whale Beach. It was a bit run down in a millionaire - ish sort of way but it was a fabulous place to stay and we fell in love with the area. It would have been our first choice to settle but we can't afford the property up there, plus the transport links into Sydney are terrible. We think the journey from Avalon to our daughter in Marrickville would be almost as long as the train ride in from miles further away. so we are looking out towards Wollongong and Kiama.

We won't be settling right away in any case ... Lots to sort out back home first. It's interessting to know where people are though. Maybe one day someone will organise a get together for all the Sydney parents in oz!

Hi Kim.

We we love the north shore ... Did a house swap there a few years ago and had a great big house with a veranda overlooking Whale Beach. It was a bit run down in a millionaire - ish sort of way but it was a fabulous place to stay and we fell in love with the area. It would have been our first choice to settle but we can't afford the property up there, plus the transport links into Sydney are terrible. We think the journey from Avalon to our daughter in Marrickville would be almost as long as the train ride in from miles further away. so we are looking out towards Wollongong and Kiama.

We won't be settling right away in any case ... Lots to sort out back home first. It's interessting to know where people are though. Maybe one day someone will organise a get together for all the Sydney parents in oz!

Hi

Hi we are in Newport overlooking Pittwater and Scotland island. Our girls have settled in manly and Seaforth and want to be close but prices are eye watering. Our son is dating an Australian who parents have 200 acre farm outside Goulburn and we often go through Kiama on way down to visit them and lovely that side of the national park. Keep us posted Kim

Quick question, as you have been in Australia while waiting for the visa grant, (which is what I am intending to do) did you send a change of circumstance form with your Australian address?

thanks

Bev

Hi we have said that our address in uk is our main residence on all forms but our temp address is one in Australia. We sent this to immi and said exactly that and asked that all mail go to the oz address until further notice. I did it that way as someone had said they don't like it if you quote an oz address as your 'main' address as technically you shouldn't be considering this address as permanent Until granted so I was just being cautious Kim

Hi

Hi we are in Newport overlooking Pittwater and Scotland island. Our girls have settled in manly and Seaforth and want to be close but prices are eye watering. Our son is dating an Australian who parents have 200 acre farm outside Goulburn and we often go through Kiama on way down to visit them and lovely that side of the national park. Keep us posted Kim

Will do. When we finally move out it would be nice to meet up with some of the fellow 'waiting roomies'. Mind you, having got used to sitting in the 103 queue with 18,200 people in front of us ( at the last count) we feel as though we've galloped through the 143 waiting room at breakneck speed! Hence all the stress :-). Great learning curve - I now know how to create pdf files, do screen snapshots ( I think that's what they're called) reset my computer to factory settings AND I know a whole lot of new, soon to be useless abreviations. I can also type legibly after two gins ...

Morning all, we though we would try our luck, and ask for a HAP no early, so we can atleast have our medicals completed whilst waiting, alas this is the reply we got, thought we would share it.

Message body

Sensitive:Personal

As there are delays in the processing of applications we are not providing any health letters (HAP ID), AoS letters or police certificate requests until the application is assessed. This will ensure that the applicants health and police clearances are current when the application is assessed.

Kind regards

Admin dh

Parent Visa Centre

Department of Immigration and Border Protection

Telephone: 131 881

Email: parents@border.gov.au

Morning all, we though we would try our luck, and ask for a HAP no early, so we can atleast have our medicals completed whilst waiting, alas this is the reply we got, thought we would share it.

Message body

As there are delays in the processing of applications we are not providing any health letters (HAP ID), AoS letters or police certificate requests until the application is assessed. This will ensure that the applicants health and police clearances are current when the application is assessed.

Kind regards

Admin dh

Parent Visa Centre

I like your style - hammer at the door and ask - thanks for sharing - makes a lot of sense now. Kim

Message body

Kind regards

Admin dh

Parent Visa Centre

Website

Hi Alan

This is not good. Unless the assessment dates start to move rapidly we are all looking at visas grant taking more than 2 years.

Julie

Message body

Kind regards

Admin dh

Parent Visa Centre

Hi Alan

Thanks for sharing, don't think it's surprising news as it has basically said this on the auto reply for months.

I reckon the positive thing is that you got a reply.

All the best

Steve

• Like 1

Guest piramida

Hello to everyone,

I have one question which is very important for me. I just got request for second payment for 143 parent visa. We been two years on subclass 173

We was not asked to do medical exam second time because we didn't been outside of Australia two years.Together with request for payment they ask as to inform immigration if our physical or mental health change since completing our first medical examinations. My husband get liver cancer. Can you help me and tell me will our visa be canceled because his medical condition change?

Please if anyone know something about it.

Hello to everyone,

I have one question which is very important for me. I just got request for second payment for 143 parent visa. We been two years on subclass 173

We was not asked to do medical exam second time because we didn't been outside of Australia two years.Together with request for payment they ask as to inform immigration if our physical or mental health change since completing our first medical examinations. My husband get liver cancer. Can you help me and tell me will our visa be canceled because his medical condition change?

Piramida da that's horrible for you and your husband, you must be worried sick. I have just had a request for the second payment for a 143 visa, together with a letter giving "pre-visa advice". In my letter it says that you MUST inform immigration of any change in circumstances, particularly in your health or the health of anyone migrating with you. It does NOT say that you visa will be cancelled if you are ill, but it does say that if you experience a new health problem, or if an existing problem gets worse and you don't inform the parent visa centre then your visa is liable to be cancelled.

i would tell them as soon as possible. You might want to consult an agent first for advice - I've heard that George Lombard is very good ... What do other people think?

Hello to everyone,

Piramida that's horrible for you both. I'm so sorry for you, you must be worried sick.

I have just had the request for payment for a 143 visa and my letter says that you must inform them if you have any change in your health. It doesn't say they will cancel your visa if you are ill, but it does say that they may cancel your visa if you are ill and you don't tell them.

Maybe you could consult an agent for some advice, I believe George Lombard is very good on health issues. Or you could just take a deep breath and tell immigration that your husband is ill. If it were me, I wouldn't wait too long and risk them finding out before you tell them.

Wishing you good luck and your husband better health.

What do other people think?

Guest piramida

Hello Fisher 1,

Thank you, thank you so much. We living in Australia more then two years, and when I read this letter now I think it is for people who applied out of Australia and now travel to Australia, but I am not sure.

We had last medical exam more then two years ago and now they didn't ask from us to do medical exam.

You got that letter. What you think?

Thank you

Edited by piramida

Hello Fisher 1,

Thank you, thank you so much. We living in Australia more then two years, and when I read this letter now I think it is for people who applied out of Australia and now travel to Australia, but I am not sure.

We had last medical exam more then two years ago and now they didn't ask from us to do medical exam.

You got that letter. What you think?

Thank you

It clearly says inform immigration if our physical or mental health change since completing our first medical examinations.

So you must. But I would suggest getting an agent's input first.

Well immi never fails to surprise - my husband and I were fired up by @AlanSteel and we too sent email to immi saying as so close could we not have our HAP NO. We had response within 1/2 hour saying ..............YES you can as so close and gave us numbers and we have now booked for next Monday. Nothing ventured nothing gained Kim

Guest geordie joe
Well immi never fails to surprise - my husband and I were fired up by @AlanSteel and we too sent email to immi saying as so close could we not have our HAP NO. We had response within 1/2 hour saying ..............YES you can as so close and gave us numbers and we have now booked for next Monday. Nothing ventured nothing gained Kim

Well done Kim, I guess it's all down to who looks at the email, whoever opened your request must have had a good weekend. At least you can tick off another box.

Come on Immi lets have some consistency, you are not just dealing with numbers, and these visa's are costing us a lot of money.

Hi Kim

Wow Kim you must be excited. Looks like 2 calendar months prior to lodgement is the target! No clues as to what I will be doing on 23rd April!

Julie

Well done - gives you a feeling of progress, something happening :smile:

Like others have said though, I do wish immi would show some consistency. And with the money we've given them and are going to give them, you would think they would try to speed up the process, not slow it down even more. Having lived in Oz for the last 3 years+ I really would have thought the Govt would like to have the extra $ in the Govt treasure chest :rolleyes:

Hiya, Well done! That's great news!! I'd like to try this too - if not right now, maybe in a couple of weeks as we are a month behind you. We have to take time off work, and book flights/hotel for ours as we are offshore and so would much rather book them ahead a bit for less expensive flights than if a the last minute. Can I ask the e-mail address you used, and subject etc?

Many thanks!! Feeling hopeful :-)

Amanda

Hi, sorry, ignore my earlier request regarding e-mail address etc - doh! I see that info every time I get the TEST e-mail response :-)

Amanda

Well done Kim! Just show it never hurts to try.

We paid our second vac today. it went like this ....

Re - read the immi letter three times, just to make sure everything is clear.

Write out details - we have no printer.

Go to the bank.

Wait in queue

It is very hot.

Get bankers cheque

Immigration letter says you can use Billpay 'online, by post or in person.'

We go to Australia post in person.

Post office lady doesn't know about paying in person. She says you can only pay online.

It's still very hot.

We point out that the department of immigration and border control have told us we can pay this way.

Husband is sweating a bit now.

Post office lady is vague. "Aren't you on the internet then?"

We cite post office leaflet.

It says you can pay in person.

We just can't find the leaflet now.

Post office lady looks confused.

She wants the bill.

We have no printer, have hand written details.

She wants the bill.

We leave post office.

It's even more hot.

We have a cheque for 87,200 dollars in my handbag.

We are confused.

Husband is swearing a bit now.

We remember alternative post office.

Alternative post office man seems to know what he is doing.

He wants the letter,

We still have no printer.

Its even more hot.

Alternative post office man indicates large corner shop.

"They print," he says.

We cross the road.

It's still very hot.

Husband is sweating lots more now.

Very drippy.

Nice shop man shows us computer, cunningly disguised as an arrangement of washing up liquid.

Two dollars later we have the bill.

Back to alternative post office.

We wave the letter about.

Everyone smiles.

Alternative post office man hands over receipt.

"Welcome to Australia"

Nice cup of tea.

:wink:

Edited by Fisher1