Guest guest36187

Hi congratulations Maisie, and hello to everyone else.

I've recently joined, but been following you all since we lodged our 143 Application 03/05/15 still a long wait for us.

Hi. Welcome to the waiting room. Slightly bonkers group especially the old timers like myself but couldn't have got this far without this lot as very supportive Kim

Woohoo! ? we have a case officer, I'm so excited ? daughter is going to centrelink tomorrow to hand in he AOS paperwork then hopefully we should be good to go.

Maisie

Ooooh! Super dooper, congratulations.

Shuffling along in the queue .............

Sadge

He, he. It's getting really nail-biting now:wink: I'm just wondering if my heart can stand it!

My husband has banned any axes in the house as fears I may well smash that waiting room door open - Medicals tomorrow at 7am so up early and fingers crossed Kim

My husband has banned any axes in the house as fears I may well smash that waiting room door open - Medicals tomorrow at 7am so up early and fingers crossed Kim

Fingers crossed for you that everything goes well. Apparently, from what I can gather, it's not too invasive but wear your pretty undies - just makes you feel better :rolleyes:

Hi congratulations Maisie, and hello to everyone else.

I've recently joined, but been following you all since we lodged our 143 Application 03/05/15 still a long wait for us.

Hi Lorraine,

Welcome to "the madhouse" :ssign7:

I'm certain that we all started out sound of mind, as far as I can remember.

You'll get a lot of comfort sharing your frustrations and tribulations with others who are venturing through the same process and also lots of useful and helpful insight. It really is great know you can chat with people who understand what you are doing. Sit back and enjoy the ride for now because the frustration rises closer to your date of exit from the waiting room. As I'm sure all early 2014'ers will testify.

Cheers

Phil

That was a morning and a half - rain caused accident in front of us on way so late arriving. Bupa staff at Parramatta were amazing. As booked as a family with my SOH and son we were photographed, dressed in our blue scrubs in no time - my son nicked his as useful for fancy dress - and moved seamlessly around and told at every stage result of tests including chest X-ray - only outstanding result now is HIV test which they said we will know within 48 hours. So came home on a high as all good so far - very impressed Kim

Latest update:

We are currently assessing for finalization applications lodged up to 10 April 2014. When your application is allocated to a case officer, which may take up to 23 months, you or your authorised contact will be asked to provide more documents including but not limited to Assurance of Support (subclass 143 only), police certificates and health clearances to finalise your application.

Good luck with the medicals! We have ours tomorrow at 10.30am, not sure how we might rate on blood pressure and stress at the moment though :chatterbox:

That was a morning and a half - rain caused accident in front of us on way so late arriving. Bupa staff at Parramatta were amazing. As booked as a family with my SOH and son we were photographed, dressed in our blue scrubs in no time - my son nicked his as useful for fancy dress - and moved seamlessly around and told at every stage result of tests including chest X-ray - only outstanding result now is HIV test which they said we will know within 48 hours. So came home on a high as all good so far - very impressed Kim

Good news, so what goes on in the medicals?????

Good news, so what goes on in the medicals?????

Started with one chest x-ray then moved to have height and weight, urine tested there and then, blood pressure - told well under threshold of being a problem, HIV blood test - 48 hours for that result, then moved on to see doc who listened to chest, checked throat, ears and eyes and asked to touch toes. Doc then looked at x-ray on screen and asked few questions about med history and said all good. Apparently if any prob with HIV test will hear by 48 hours or if not then no prob. I have just been on emedical where referral letter was downloaded from and it says medicals complete and other two waiting. Very relaxed and no where near as scary as I imagined Kim

Started with one chest x-ray then moved to have height and weight, urine tested there and then, blood pressure - told well under threshold of being a problem, HIV blood test - 48 hours for that result, then moved on to see doc who listened to chest, checked throat, ears and eyes and asked to touch toes. Doc then looked at x-ray on screen and asked few questions about med history and said all good. Apparently if any prob with HIV test will hear by 48 hours or if not then no prob. I have just been on emedical where referral letter was downloaded from and it says medicals complete and other two waiting. Very relaxed and no where near as scary as I imagined Kim

Thanks for the update, both getting worried ahead of ours tomorrow.

Thanks for the update, both getting worried ahead of ours tomorrow.

Morning

Good luck tomorrow, are you going to Brentwood?

If you have any existing conditions that are causing you worry take a look at that link I put on yesterday, it will prepare you.

Let us know how they treat you and what happened.

Cheers

Steve

Morning

Good luck tomorrow, are you going to Brentwood?

If you have any existing conditions that are causing you worry take a look at that link I put on yesterday, it will prepare you.

Let us know how they treat you and what happened.

Cheers

Steve

Hi Steve, no we are off to Birmingham, we didn't see a Brentwood option on the link our MA sent us.

No, no conditions that we know off, just I guess its been such a long wait, and it's pretty much the final hurdle, the old grey matter kicks into 'what if mode' if you know what I mean! Cheers for the message. Steely

Edited by AlanSteel

Hi Steve, no we are off to Birmingham, we didn't see a Brentwood option on the link our MA sent us.

No, no conditions that we know off, just I guess its been such a long wait, and it's pretty much the final hurdle, the old grey matter kicks into 'what if mode' if you know what I mean! Cheers for the message. Steely

That's a bit naughty, Brentwood is much closer to you and I know it exists as I know people that have been there.

Good luck again

That's a bit naughty, Brentwood is much closer to you and I know it exists as I know people that have been there.

Good luck again

To be fair to our MA, it may be there, just I didn't see it, as was expecting Birmingham after speaking to others. so chose it, not too bad, only a couple of hours away, and a day out after!

Not as scary as we thought when it came to it. We each have a little list of odd complaints that we were worried about but it was all fine. The doc raised a question about the summary of cancer treatment in 1985 - did we know it was probably the only copy in existence after all this time? No problems and we passed. Try not to worry too much and good luck.