Guest guest36187

Border Control dept now on week long rolling strikes from today so no telling how this will affect progress of our visas Kim

I believe the strikes only involve airport workers and the visa processing centers should not be affected by this.

Cheers,

Nassim

The logistics are horrific. Since we got our visa in Feb it has been nonstop. At times we have felt like we are drowning in paperwork and then there are friends and relatives to meet up with! However we are nearly there now and fly out on 16th April.

Joyron

We sold our house last August, and we have been very lucky as a friend has a vacant penthouse flat on Ipswich Marina, which she has let us use on 'mates rates' This has meant no contracts so we have just told her we will be out on 31st May, so that was easy, as all bills are included we don't have the issue of stopping all of these. However, we have still not finalised removals! We thought we had, but as we may now need a months storage in UK, this seems to have caused a price spike with the removers we were intending to move with.. So today I had another half dozen companies calling me on the phone, and it feels like we are back at square one with this! Other than that, phones and mobiles to stop, plus some accommodation to sort out for the last 4 night before we fly! Getting there, we think..........................

Immi moved to 29 April - whoop whoop nearly 2 weeks in a short week. So @HARLEYDPHIL they should have got to you Kim

The reason that they jumped 2 weeks is because there were plenty of holidays with long weekends in April 2014. 18-21 Easter break, 25-27 Anzac Day holiday + weekend . But we must give them credit, they have covered 6 (April 2014 ) working days during this short week of 3 days .

Hi Alan,

Haven't heard anything yet !!

Think the April 1st joke is on us, I have just emailed our agent in Perth to find out what is happening.

Frustrating !!!

Phil

Lets hope your agent has heard - let us know. Maybe it's your turn to be the file holding up that wobbly desk!!! Please don't let my file be in line for the job Kim

Lets hope your agent has heard - let us know. Maybe it's your turn to be the file holding up that wobbly desk!!! Please don't let my file be in line for the job Kim

Its frustrating because we can see (hopefully) the finishing line, each day has me up early checking emails, even though I know nothing will be in the inbox, as it's still at least a month away before we get a case officer, judging by others timings......but hey, life feels great doing it!!

Guest geordie joe
Hi kim

whoopee, I was secretly hoping it might be the end of April.......a similar move next Friday would also be great.

come on IMMI, send me for a medical!

julie

Hi Julie,

Are you thinking of asking for your HAP number ? might be worth a cheeky email they can only say no.

Joe

Hi Julie,

Are you thinking of asking for your HAP number ? might be worth a cheeky email they can only say no.

Joe

I was thinking the very same GeordieJoe!! I was going to wait until they are processing May dates and then get my parents to send an email requesting the Hap id.

After all...it can't hurt to try!!:cute:

Fingers crossed you hear soon HARLEYDPHIL.

Hi Julie,

Joe

Hi Joe

I'm watching the processing states like a hawk, I feel it is too soon to ask yet. When they start processing mid to late May and if I haven't heard anything then I will be on the case, going to do police reports first and will probably do those at the end of April. I've just booked our removal storage and shipping and need to get sorting selling and clearing. Now that we have a date for removal we have some control back, just no where to live !!!!!! No pressure.....

Julie

Hi Joe

I'm watching the processing states like a hawk, I feel it is too soon to ask yet. When they start processing mid to late May and if I haven't heard anything then I will be on the case, going to do police reports first and will probably do those at the end of April. I've just booked our removal storage and shipping and need to get sorting selling and clearing. Now that we have a date for removal we have some control back, just no where to live !!!!!! No pressure.....

Julie

Where are you based Julie, just had a removal company leave me, and I was impressed with him.

I was thinking the very same GeordieJoe!! I was going to wait until they are processing May dates and then get my parents to send an email requesting the Hap id.

After all...it can't hurt to try!!:cute:

Fingers crossed you hear soon HARLEYDPHIL.

Thanks Moomin13,

I think I just missed my agent in Perth this morning when I emailed them, to find out what was happening.

Friday early finish and now plus 8hrs.

Watch this space......I am hoping for a call on Monday morning.

Cheers

Phil

Where are you based Julie, just had a removal company leave me, and I was impressed with him.

Hi Alan

we are on the opposite side of the country to you in Cornwall. Had 4 quotes going to be using Letton Percival for the Insurnce as its way cheaper than any of the shippers.

Julie