Guest guest36187

Hi,

from looking at various comments it would seem that IMMI are requesting the AOS at different times and that this can cause a significant delay. Harleyphil completed his is January and has 2nd VAC requested and Maisie whose lodgement date is earlier is stuck waiting for her AOS to be approved. If IMMI are using different methods of asking for the AOS how can they possibly grants visas in order of lodgement date?

seems to me that applicants from May 14 onwards are all going to be stuck waiting for Centrelink to process the AOs,s.

Julie

Hi,

from looking at various comments it would seem that IMMI are requesting the AOS at different times and that this can cause a significant delay. Harleyphil completed his is January and has 2nd VAC requested and Maisie whose lodgement date is earlier is stuck waiting for her AOS to be approved. If IMMI are using different methods of asking for the AOS how can they possibly grants visas in order of lodgement date?

seems to me that applicants from May 14 onwards are all going to be stuck waiting for Centrelink to process the AOs,s.

Julie

I know Julie - it feels like we are waiting to be asked for anything to get completed! We have form 80's ready to go, but need those Hap id's for medicals and letter for the AOS still. Surely there must be a plan to help them work through all these applications that haven't been advised to do anything? It would make life smoother for Immi if we got the things done and ready to go when its our turn!:dull:

Hi,

Julie

Our daughter lodged the paperwork at Centrelink but so far we've not heard a thing. No interview, not asked for the money, zilch in fact! I'm guessing that it wouldn't have helped that Easter has happened since she went in!! So frustrating though and just gives me something else to worry about!

maisie

Our daughter lodged the paperwork at Centrelink but so far we've not heard a thing. No interview, not asked for the money, zilch in fact! I'm guessing that it wouldn't have helped that Easter has happened since she went in!! So frustrating though and just gives me something else to worry about!

maisie

Hi

Thought you'd have heard by now.

Hope you hear soon and that you don't let it get to you too much, you're so nearly through the process

Hang on in there.

All the best

Steve

• Like 1

Hi Phil

wow wow wow straight to request for 2nd VAC, amazing.

shuffle up everyone the exit door is getting closer....

Julie

Hi Julie,

I do wish that Immi would allow "all" the same options we had, to be able to go straight to 2nd Vacs really does help speed up the process.

Thanks

Phil

Hi,

Just like to say thanks to all for your good wishes.

I transferred $87200 to our agents client account today, they are forwarding a bankers cheque to Immi in the morning and I guess that's it until Visa grant.

Weird thing is on the cover letter requesting 2nd Vacs CO says we have until 29th May to enter Aus ??

Talk about short notice !!

Told agent, this must be an error as on the request letter it say 26th Nov (our Police Check date), asked for clarity. If all goes to plan we are leaving Blighty on 19th May.

Happy Days

:wink:

Hi,

I transferred $87200 to our agents client account today, they are forwarding a bankers cheque to Immi in the morning and I guess that's it until Visa grant.

Weird thing is on the cover letter requesting 2nd Vacs CO says we have until 29th May to enter Aus ??

Told agent, this must be an error as on the request letter it say 26th Nov (our Police Check date), asked for clarity. If all goes to plan we are leaving Blighty on 19th May.

Happy Days

Congrats on getting there - it's a weird feeling coughing up all that money isn't it?

Hi,

Happy Days

Fantastic news!! Visa grant so close now :biglaugh:

Hi Phil,

Congrats on the progress! We are right behind you :)

Just a question, (or two)! So your lodgment date is 23rd of April or the 30th?

Also did they ask for documents at some point before Friday and then asked for the 2VAC on Friday, or am I missing something?

Cheers,

Nassim

Question for Kim

when you shipped your container you said you used your daughters visa. How do you do this as a friend of mine wants to ship her stuff and is only on a temporary visa. Did your stuff have to go to your daughters house or were you able to use her name but have it sent to a different address? Many thanks

Linda

Hi,

Happy Days

So pleased for you Phil.

will maybe see you around we are in Perth

Linda

Hi,

Julie

Hi Julie

I too have been following when people have been asked for particular documents, payments etc to give me an idea of when I might need to have these things ready (a long while yet for me but I like to be prepared !) .... but there appears to be no real pattern to it. As you say, how can IMMI really say they are processing applications in lodgement date order ? :unsure:

Question for Kim

when you shipped your container you said you used your daughters visa. How do you do this as a friend of mine wants to ship her stuff and is only on a temporary visa. Did your stuff have to go to your daughters house or were you able to use her name but have it sent to a different address? Many thanks

Linda

Luckily my daughter was not married at time so still had our surname - my husband is Allan and she is Allanna so I just used her name and signed A Skeels on all forms!!! We were never asked for proof as to who's stuff but used her address as initial delivery in oz and changed just before received stuff to our address Kim

Hi everyone

As some of you are asking for updates on life over here I will fill you in on a couple of things. First of all it is the same but very different if that makes sense. Because they speak English (well sort of) I had imagined that things would be quite simple. How wrong I was. Everything over here takes forever. We spent a whole week trying to transfer our driver licences! Maybe we were just unlucky. It was very frustrating but eventually it got done. On the plus side the staff are really friendly and nice. When you go to the driving licence place or centrelink you do have to leave plenty of time. At least a couple of hours in each place a

though a friend of mine was out in 40 minutes! I had completed all the paperwork for her and told her exactly what to do so I think that helped. You have three months from when you enter on a PR visa to change your driving licence over. You have to take 5 items of ID which can be a problem if you are staying with family. If you go on their website it lists 5 sections and you have to have id from each one. Medicare was easier I think we only needed passport and visa. You need to take out private health cover too. The minimum you need is ambulance cover and then you can add on whatever else you want. We have gone with hbf and have ambulance, minor and major dental and optical. There is a wide range of options to choose from depending on your personal circumstances. We bought a car on our second day. That was quite straightforward but be aware you have to pay stamp duty on the cost of the car so you do need to factor that in. If anyone tells you you don't need insurance because it is in the rego ignore them. You still need ins the same as in the uk. The insurance in the rego is only third party legal stuff so you can drive car immediately but if you were to have an accident you are not covered for any damage to any car. Car rego varies on the car but ours is about $600 per year and you can choose to pay it in 3, 6 or 12 month blocks. Definitely try and choose a car with a cloth trim as the plastic/leather seats get so hot you cannot sit on them. Also window tinting is definitely worth having. It does keep the inside a tad cooler so you can at least sit on the seats! And def check it has air conditioning. (I am sure you all know that but sometimes these things can get overlooked) If you are hoping to get employment it is very difficult here at the moment. My husband and I are both looking for work (he is an hgv/ forklift driver and there are over 200 applicants for the jobs he is applying for. I have had one interview but didn't get the job. It is quite worrying for us as we need a job to get a mortgage as we didn't have enough left after paying for our visa! We were mortgage free in uk so it is a bit of a backward step. Shopping wise you can get almost everything you would in the uk so no problems there. Phone and Internet are quite bewildering as is the tv setup. I found these to be the most stressful of all which is quite ridiculous when you think about it. There is not much unlimited internet so you have to choose how many gbs of internet you need. We have gone with foxtel for the tv just because it was the easiest. Every house seems to have different types of wiring for tv/internet and trying to get information I found very difficult as everyone has different systems. I am still none the wiser about our house which is why we have foxtel which is like sky through a satellite dish. And Telstra which is like BT I found to be a nightmare but that maybe just my experience. You certainly need to have lots of patience.

Having said that it is all worth it to be with my children and grandchildren. I am really enjoying living near them and being part of their lives is great. Seem to be doing a lot of babysitting duties!!!

Hope I haven't been too negative. But maybe my experiences will help you.

Good luck to you all

Linda x

I agree with you Linda - certain amount of 'laid back' attitude especially with tradesmen! They seem to have a totally different array of terms like 'bundles' relating to Internet/phone - I still am bewildered with the different names they use for stuff Kim

Luckily my daughter was not married at time so still had our surname - my husband is Allan and she is Allanna so I just used her name and signed A Skeels on all forms!!! We were never asked for proof as to who's stuff but used her address as initial delivery in oz and changed just before received stuff to our address Kim

Replied previously as above @Dolphin1962