Guest guest36187

Hi Alan

we are on the opposite side of the country to you in Cornwall. Had 4 quotes going to be using Letton Percival for the Insurnce as its way cheaper than any of the shippers.

Julie

Hope all goes smoothly, we had decided on one company, but then we asked for a few tweaks, and lots of additional costs appeared, so the company in today, can give us all and more than we hope we need, mainly storage if 143 visa isn't through by 1st June, plus was more cost effective.

Guest geordie joe
Hi Joe

I'm watching the processing states like a hawk, I feel it is too soon to ask yet. When they start processing mid to late May and if I haven't heard anything then I will be on the case, going to do police reports first and will probably do those at the end of April. I've just booked our removal storage and shipping and need to get sorting selling and clearing. Now that we have a date for removal we have some control back, just no where to live !!!!!! No pressure.....

Julie

Hi Julie,

I'm sure the to do list is growing by the day, although I guess finding somewhere to live is probably the key one. Are you heading out as soon as your visa is through? Itseems we sit with nothing to do for so little such a long time then it's all go and our heads are about to explode, how so many pass the blood pressure test is beyond me.

Joe

Hi Julie,

I'm sure the to do list is growing by the day, although I guess finding somewhere to live is probably the key one. Are you heading out as soon as your visa is through? Itseems we sit with nothing to do for so little such a long time then it's all go and our heads are about to explode, how so many pass the blood pressure test is beyond me.

Joe

Hi Joe

Yes we are heading out on the first available flight as soon as visa is granted. Unfortunately that is the problem "when will it be granted?" We don't know how long we will need accommodation for, a few nights, a few weeks or even months! Ugh can,t even book anything yet. Can't go out to Oz as our daughters landlord has given them notice on their house for 6 June and they are frantically trying to find a house to buy. So whoopee we are all homeless and out on the street! Anyway at least life if more interesting now with logistical challenges thrown at us from every direction, keeps you busy and before you know it the lesser spotted case officer will be emailing me...... Please do it soon cos I will be reliant on borrowing wifi from other people after we move...... Now that is worrying!

Julie

Hope all goes smoothly, we had decided on one company, but then we asked for a few tweaks, and lots of additional costs appeared, so the company in today, can give us all and more than we hope we need, mainly storage if 143 visa isn't through by 1st June, plus was more cost effective.

Hi Alan

Would be interested to know which firm gave you the problem and which one seems to have resolved it today; as you know we're not far from you and have had 3 firms round so far, 1 was very over priced and then added loads of extras (even an admin fee at invoicing stage!), the other 2 are close in price but nether particularly inspire us.

Cheers

Steve

Hi Steve,

Yeah house sale will be a big relief (as long as it all goes smoothly) must admit we were beginning to think that May was out of the question for a move.

We've had to push the button on the dogs today, otherwise our move to Aus would have to have been pushed back (due to the strict guidelines on when various examinations need to be carried out, as you will know) Scary, because if the house sale falls through we are committed. Flights for dogs booked for 11th May, Quarantine booked, internal flights from Melbourne to Perth booked, visited Vets this afternoon for the first of 3 visits prior to departure, Instructed solicitor on house sale. It really is all systems go. Our 7 week clock is truely ticking.

Initially we are going to be just down the road from you in Landsdale (living with our son and fiancée) so we'll have to catch up when you make the move out. We may finish up living south of the river in the Piara Waters/Beeliar area, it will all depend on what we see and whether or not to build or buy existing, we are still very undecided.

Exciting times for us all.

Cheers

Phil

Hi Phil

Sorry to read that you've not yet been contacted by the CO, I'm sure it will be early next week though.

That would be good to meet up when we're all over there; we'll al deserve a good social life with like minded sufferers of this system.

Have a good weekend.

Steve

Hi to Steve and Phil, I know I am a long way behind but am going over 1st Nov (hopefully to not return unless on holiday)

i hope you keep looking on the site and letting everyone know your experiences. Even when settling, it's a new life and experience counts.

i hope we can all meet for a drink one day.

Bev

Hi Bev

At this rate you'll be there before we are!! What part of Perth are you heading to?

It would be good to all meet up over there and perhaps even one day laugh at all our concerns over this experience?

The forum certainly is a good place for keeping up to date and even letting of steam occasionally and I will certainly keep updated on it.

Best of luck

Steve

Hi Alan

Would be interested to know which firm gave you the problem and which one seems to have resolved it today; as you know we're not far from you and have had 3 firms round so far, 1 was very over priced and then added loads of extras (even an admin fee at invoicing stage!), the other 2 are close in price but nether particularly inspire us.

Cheers

Steve

Sent you a PM Steve, my opinion in a public forum might upset one of the companies!!

Hi Bev

At this rate you'll be there before we are!! What part of Perth are you heading to?

It would be good to all meet up over there and perhaps even one day laugh at all our concerns over this experience?

The forum certainly is a good place for keeping up to date and even letting of steam occasionally and I will certainly keep updated on it.

Best of luck

Steve

Heading to Harrisdale originally, haven't yet decided where I want to settle.

I can sympathise with all the 2014 movers, as I am currently selling, boxing and shedding a lifetimes collection of..............allsorts!

I am moving out of my house (which is now sold) end of May, and moving back in with my mother!!!!!!! Eeek!! Haven't lived with my parents since I was 18!! Only until 1st November tho' when I fly over (or under.....depending on your perspective)

As as I will not have a CPV until June/July 2017, I will be on an extended holiday which I am hoping to fund by saving money being back with mother!!! Don't know how this will work out, but it is ensuring /allowing me sort out matters earlier, so hopefully a little less stress all at once when the move actually happens and when the Visa is due to be granted most things done. ( I'm hoping, anyway)

What's that saying 'all the best laid plans' !!!

I will check in and log my experiences, there is nothing like experience, bad or good, it might help others along the way to make future decisions which is right for them.

it would be great to meet up with fellow PIO forum members, we will have to ensure it happens!

Does anyone have experience of uploading and storing a lifetime of family photos on the Internet.

Hi. We had same dilemma. We have stored a load of photos on cloud ie Dropbox or on drive - best to pay for service to get enough storage space unless only small number of photos. There are loads of cloud storage being offered so worth checking some out. My sister sent her photos away along with all formats of video/movies to be loaded onto CDs but quite expensive. I also compiled a number of photo books - blurb etc do brill styles which are lovely for the coffee table. As I love my original photos especially old family photos I was advised to get some good solid fire retardant metal boxes - WHSmith was good place in which to keep photos due to greater fire risk here - we tend to leave our 'tins' with each other when on holiday in case of fire whilst away. Hope that helps Kim

Hi. We had same dilemma. We have stored a load of photos on cloud ie Dropbox or on drive - best to pay for service to get enough storage space unless only small number of photos. There are loads of cloud storage being offered so worth checking some out. My sister sent her photos away along with all formats of video/movies to be loaded onto CDs but quite expensive. I also compiled a number of photo books - blurb etc do brill styles which are lovely for the coffee table. As I love my original photos especially old family photos I was advised to get some good solid fire retardant metal boxes - WHSmith was good place in which to keep photos due to greater fire risk here - we tend to leave our 'tins' with each other when on holiday in case of fire whilst away. Hope that helps Kim

Thanks kim. Some of our photos are so precious .. There's one of my great grandmother taken in the eighteen forties and one of my dad as a baby in nineteen sixteen. I intend to keep hard copies of the best as well as uploading them but have a huge box of recent family stuff that would cost a fortune to send out to oz.

I have all of my photos ,family stuff etc in faux leather boxes that are very solid They are scanned ( the older ones ) to my laptop ,on discs and an external hard drive Justin Case

I also do family history as a hobby so have boxes full of mementoes too - again scanned and copies kept in different places

I have decluttered each time we have moved but won't part with my precious bits and bobs as my grandchildren call them

My Mum was almost 100 when she passed away so I have all of her bit and bobs as well

Its like Christmas when you get your personal stuff shipped and then open it Must admit sometimes think What did I bring that for then pop it back into its place Memories are very precious

Hi @Fisher1 for the non precious photos you can always include with shipment as weight doesn't matter - just size so I ensured all drawers etc were packed with stuff to minimise room it takes up - I remember having 'discussions' with shippers who tried to leave things empty as so to increase shipping space - well actually I just stood over them saying 'can't you put something in that' and after numerous times they found it quicker to do as I asked rather than argue with me!!! - reckon I saved loads in space we finally ended up having to pay for. I also packed rooms up into cube shapes which I measured and checked against final figure - again bit of negotiation as felt they were over actual size I was expecting. I am sure they called me a few names after but hay hoo Kim

Hi All

NEWS !!!!!

CO Yessssssssss !!!!

Request for 2nd VACS !!!!!

GET IN !!!!!!!!!

:ssign19:

Phil

Whoop whoop finally when did your agent actually hear as couldn't have been over weekend. Through the doors you go - so pleased for you Kim

Whoop whoop finally when did your agent actually hear as couldn't have been over weekend. Through the doors you go - so pleased for you Kim

Hi Kim

Thank you :wink:

As I suspected, they made contact with the agent late yesterday afternoon and it been Friday had left the office early.

Contacted me this morning.

Ducks in a row certainly works as straight to 2nd Vacs request.

Now it all seems real after all the planning and hoping and waiting and waiting.

Cheers

Champagne open !!! with a late breaky.

Heavenly

Phil

Hi All

NEWS !!!!!

CO Yessssssssss !!!!

GET IN !!!!!!!!!

Phil

Hi Phil

Wow - brilliant news - what a great weekend you'll have.

Best of luck and get us a cold one in at Little Creatures!

So pleased for you.

Steve

Edited by Steve2

Guest geordie joe
Hi All

NEWS !!!!!

CO Yessssssssss !!!!

GET IN !!!!!!!!!

Phil

Fantastic news Phil, Party time in Leeds......

Hi All

NEWS !!!!!

CO Yessssssssss !!!!

GET IN !!!!!!!!!

Phil

wowwwww

thats realllyy veryyy good news

congratulations to you phil

bit jealous :laugh:lol

We sent our documents to them on friday lets see when they gonna ask for 2nd vac from us.

Hi AllNEWS !!!!!CO Yessssssssss !!!!Request for 2nd VACS !!!!!GET IN !!!!!!!!!:ssign19:Phil
Yay!! fantastic news Phil, on your way at last. We've got our case officer but waiting still to hear about the AOS. How long did everyone else wait to hear something?Best wishesMaisie